Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any exciting plans for tonight or coming up soon?!!!

Any exciting plans for tonight or coming up soon?!!!

Any exciting plans for tonight or coming up soon?!!! I canít believe the summer is almost over. My weekend getaways are slowly coming to a halt but fall is here and that means apple picking, pumpkin picking, and Halloween stuff is near.

hi we have a birthday party for two neices turing 1 today that's about it but i am going to see alice cooper, heaven and hell and queensryche on sept. 19th should be a great concert dee

Last night my friend brought some fish over, I cooked corn on the cob and made sundaes Just what I need, but they were good! Now I'm catching up on computer stuff, gonna go for a walk when I'm done...
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

hey carrie sounds good though and you are thin so you don't have to worry lol rainy day here today not doing much but playing on the computer back to work monday yuck been on vacation for a week gonna be a long monday lol dee

Cool Hangin' by the poolside

Today was an Open House at the swim club we belong to. Was there until closing. Tonight the pool officially closes until next summer.
    Turned out to be a beautiful and hot day! The water was perfect. A live band called "Brother John Brown" played. They played classics of the 60's and 70's with a few more recent rock songs thrown in. Not a bad band, I think I would check them out again! Hung out with my friends and kids whom had so much fun that I wound up driving the wife and child home because the husband wanted to leave to watch football. My friend is from England and we had to have a cup of "Epsom" tea. That is where she said she was from. Good tea and Great People from England! Just got in and decided to be lazy and skip making Sunday dinner - Hubby and daughter are trying to find a pizzeria that is open. Our usual place is closed on Sundays! I am so hungry I think I can eat the whole pie!
    Busy week ahead still trying to acclimate to my daughter going to school and balancing watching my sister's kids. I have to look at the calendar every day now to see "Who's on First?"
    Less than 1 week until The Walkathon/MusicFest! I got a lot of people coming to spend the day/evening. Should be interesting!
    Pizza is here - got to eat!

I have a few vacation days. I'll probably go camping in one of the many nearby, beautiful state parks. I'm so lucky to live where I do. I'll try to spot some birds and practice photography. My picture taking results are mainly disappointing. The weather has been cooler, so it should be a very pleasant time. Not exciting, but it will be much needed R & R.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

The pizza s*cked!

From a Brick Oven but must have been crooked or cracked bricks. Half the pie blackened and the other not. I still am hungry cause' the husband and kids demolished it before I ever got through my 2nd slice! Oh well less calories to consume!

Hi DejaPete! Happy Camping! I used to go all the time but now I got no more tent as it dry rotted. Lots of gear yet. When the young ones get a little bigger and braver, I will have to try it again! That reminds me, there is a campfire song and I don't remember who the singer is? Maybe you might? Goes like this "Put another log on the fire, cookin' me up some bacon and beans ..." and now I can't remember the rest of the words. One day I will have to write to you about some of my adventures. Due to a wild and wacky uncle of mine, my family and I were banned out of JellyStone Campgrounds and remained on their "Blacklist". Yep That's Right We made a "Boo Boo" Yogi Bear,` JellyStone was never the same after that day!

hey rockerchic sorry about your pizza lol!!! going to see alice cooper, heaven and hell, and queensryche next wednesday at darien lake last concert for the season there should be a good one i will let you know how it is? i have seen queensryche before but not alice cooper have loved his music for years showing my age here lol are you going to anymore concerts this year? take care dee

I'm looking for "u-Pick" apple orchards--many are ripening up right now, and it can be a family event. Finding the right pie cherries is a goal also.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Autumn Fun

Beached Male - That sounds like a lot of fun I have not gone apple picking in about 10 years. That may be something to do with my 4 year old this year. Last year we did Pumpkin picking and that was a ton of fun. Let me know how you do? Yum - Hot baked apples or an apple cobbler! I only like Bing Cherries and not baked so the cherry pie doesn't sound appealing.

Dee - You certainly have had some great concerts this year!
    The last one I caught was the one I mentioned in this earlier post "Brother John Brown" . They played a large variety of classics. Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, Lynrd Skynrd, Pretenders, Tom Petty, Charlie Daniels, and so many more. They played 3 long sets. Next concert is the Music Fest this Saturday. Groups begin at
    10:30 a.m. - A local group Called Beale Street Love (I never heard of them- don't know what their music is)
    11:30 The English Beat
    12:30 p.m. Chuck Berry
    1:30 The Old Ceremony
    2:30 The Smithereens
    3:30 The Apples in Stereo
    4:30 Fountains of Wayne
    6:00 The Alarm ( there is also an acoustic set by Mike Peters right after the walkathon about 10:30 a.m.
    8:00 Live

I plan on being there all day and evening. I am supposed to be working as a volunteer for "Love, Hope, Strength" and still awaiting my assignment.
    I have large groups of family and friends coming through out the day to see their favorites and to help my husband with the kids. One of the couples also plan on staying the whole day and packing a large picnic basket so we don't have to live on junk food. I hope our weather holds out because there was some talk of rain! rolleyes: Have a wonderful day!

hey rockerchic sounds like a great day of fun and music great bands especially love live and the alarm fountain of wayne is pretty good too! let us know how it was okay? going to pick up my tickets for alice cooper after work today getting excited can't wait to see what alice does on stage lol as far as apple picking i have never gone maybe this year lol have a great day all dee

Wow !

You all sound very busy with the fund raising and all... great thing to do ! Looks like some great shows ahead of you!

I am doing a show tonight and tomorrow with the Pat Travers Band. I am now the official "assistant" to Tony Lopez (T-LO Touring ) who is Pat's manager among many other artists. I've been learning the business parts of booking acts by helping to actually do it. Tony is great... you should see the acts we've landed, what an amazing mix ( example: Tanya Tucker THEN Quiet Riot with Slayer then Gallagher the comedian !!) among many other eyebrow raising acts. Tony is well known and a great guy.

Pat Travers is in Fremont tonight and Sacramento tomorrow. Local Fixxtures want to go, hit me up !

Then Saturday I am announcing THREE high school football games in a row (freshmen, then J.V., then Varsity)

All in all, probably not as exciting as the abovementioned shows that the ladies are attending, but the Fixx should be coming soon and we can ALL have fun !

Much Love,

Dr. Roger

Hey Dr. R,

Are you gearing up for a career change? Maybe we should call you MC-Roger aka "Da Doctah"...
    Alli

Funny You Should Ask

Good Morning Allicat (MEOW !!!)

A few offers have been made but I always provide a stock answer: "If you guarantee to match what I earn now, I'll do it". So needless to say, this will be my hobby and spare time thing. I am learning alot though, and one never knows what the future holds.....

Just a few weeks till dinner !

one never knows what the future holds.....
    Indeed. But it seems you are laying the groundwork for something. I look forward to seeing what develops Even if it stays what it is, what the heck -- you are having a BLAST!

I also look forward to seeing you soon!

Hopefully some Fixx dates will be added locally (to NYC). I assume that would be in November, so you'll have to come back!!
    Alli

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast