Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any exciting plans for tonight or coming up soon?!!!

WHAT'S UP DOC?

Hey Doctor Roger! You are SOOOOOO lucky to have an offer like that! I would love it if that hobby was offered as a career choice! Especially since it is so much fun! You are gifted! Was starting to miss some of the regulars on this board and wondering why the abandonment? Well at least you are keeping busy!
    Hope there will be A Fixx show in NYC so we can see everyone!
    Hey Allicat, I bet Kira is getting bigger and smarter by the day!

Hi Sherri! Hi Doctor!

Congrats, Doctor!
    It's cool, that you're getting "sound" work... LOL!

Hey Sherri!

Can't speak for others, but I'd been off with this big move to Seattle.

You know--when you're unpacking, and it's like "WHY did I move this?!?"

...so, tonight...I'm still sorting, giving away, and throwing out things. LOL!

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Welcome back Kim!

If I can afford the tickets (a big if at this point), my friend and I may be going to see the Queen tribute band Queen- It's a Kinda Magic on October 14th. Events that I'm interested in so rarely come here that I'll find it difficult to pass up.
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Welcome Back

Hello Msmith1 and welcome back! How did your move and journey to the new location go? Very funny about saying - Why did I bring that in the move? We did the same thing and my boxes are awaiting me to deal with them for 6 years! We had moved everything to storage which costed us and then a rental truck and for what? A bunch of stuff I have no clue what I want with but won't part with! So glad you are back here though. I started thinking about so many names that I remembered when I started on this board a few years back and wondered where these people have gone and why did they leave this board? Lots of fun and interesting people - did they get scared away or did something happen that I missed?
    Hope everything is going well for you!

hi dr. roger wow sounds pretty exciting to me what you are doing!!! love slayer very cool !! picked up my tickets for the concert next wednesday can't wait should be a good show! hope you all have a great weekend with all the things you are doing! moving, concerts etc. dee

well last wednesday we went to see heaven and hell queensryche and alice cooper for the last concert at darien lake for the season!! it was great queensryche was very good as always and alice cooper in my opinion was the best of the night!! he still does his different things on stage like the three headed baby and the straight jacket and hanging himself on stage very cool and changed his outfits about 5 times played all his great songs like billion dollar baby, school's out, only women bleed, elected, etc. heaven and hell only played songs from the dio days which were okay but i was looking forward to some songs that were with ozzie like crazy train and mama i'm coming home but they did not play any of those maybe because they are not touring with ozzy anymore and they can't don't know was not too happy with the solo drum act it was good but they dragged it out about 20 minutes too long i thought dio also stretched out every song maybe because they did not have too many to play i don't know but it was a good concert i would go see alice cooper again if he comes back he still has it and will for a long time i think dee

Your Friendly Apple-Pickin reminder

Just a note to say--don't forget to go apple picking before they're all gone!

Oh, and if you're late, find a place that makes Apple Cider!

Just thought I would provide some daytime activity suggestions for you night owls...
    BM
    I've been lurking...

i saw on the news yesterday that the pumpkins this year are not gonna be good because of the lack of rain!! so if you get pumpkins make sure you check them out real good the ones they showed on t.v. looked really bad gonna be slim pickings this year lol dee
    music junkie!!

October 29. Nickel Creek in Minneapolis. Not to most Fixxture's tastes, I guess. But the missus and I love them. They are doing a final tour before they call it quits.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Our family went apple picking a week and a half ago for the first time ever - and it was really nice. We had to stand in line and wait a long time for the hayride out to the orchard, but once we got out there, we were able to get some BEAUTIFUL Empire apples (and some good Golden Delicious too). Those Empires were the perfect balance of sweet and tart - yummy! We ended up picking 2 pecks worth... we're finally getting to the end of them now - I made an apple/pear pie, a double batch of apple crisp, some caramel apples... I think we're about appled out here for a while!

But the best part was watching my 4 year old son (who can be a bit of a challenge sometimes - among other things, he's an extremely picky eater and he also has speech apraxia) pick an apple off the tree, chomp right into it and EAT the whole thing (skin and all)... and then proclaim very clearly "mmmm - delicious!". That just made my day...

"... the nighttime falls around our bed, in peace we sleep entwined, and your love flows through me, though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you..."

New take on a pumpkin patch

We went to a new place this year (today, actually). Our class submitted a pair of child-size scarecrows on a tricycle. The kids loved seeing our work with the others (most came from older classes or adults) and we are the only other to submit besides another down the hall here. The brother is pushing the sister who looks horrified. We've gotten quite a few compliments on them from the proprietors who have already asked us to do the same next year! Now, I've just got to get some ideas together. . .

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Precious

That is sooooo cute! I have been to scarecrow festivals and have not seen one like that. Good work!

Seems the rest of my future is wide open. My girlfriend dropped a bomb out of nowhere two weeks ago, ended our relationship of 4-1/2 years, and moved out of the house. No one saw it coming. I'm now putting the pieces back together, and find myself 36, single, and living alone in a 4-bedroom house in Phoenix.

I won't go into personal details, but we're still friends after everything, and both starting to re-embrace the single life, and a wide open future. I've already converted the middle 'family room' into my own personal alternative rock club, and have been plugging in the guitar and synth almost every night. Good outlet for all the internal stuff, ye know. Anyway, all my routines are out of whack (one being posting here), so I'm slowly getting back into the groove.

I look forward to seeing some Fixxtures at Anderson's next month. Let's make sure to say hi at the show.

Jim

Oh wow, 1002. That is eventful! Saved by Zero, indeed. Sounds like you are taking care of yourself (in a most interesting way, I might add). That you and your X are still friends and both embracing single life is a good sign that you are on the mend.

I wish I was going to the Phoenix show Have a great time!

Jam on, dude. You will be all right!
    Alli

Thanks very much, Alli. Things can only get better, as HoJo once put it. I've been keeping my spirits up, and have had great support from my friends. I've been going out and socializing, too, just so I don't get too cooped up in that house! Anyway, I'm doing good in general, but it's back to the 'ol drawing board in the love dept.!

Bummer you can't make it to Phoenix this time around. I'm glad I got to meet you last time (how long ago was that, anyway?). Hmm, a club full of potentially single female Fixxtures on the horizon..could be a good night!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast