Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Musical Talent?

I would please like everyone who reads or writes in this thread to listen to my song and give a short description on what it means and feels to you. Thanks. I like lots of feedback.
    The following forum is rated Fixx and may contain styles of new wave and rock. Fan discretion is advised.

There are New Horizons past the sunset,
    Another day has past and turned to night,
    To explore the unknown that's beyond us,
    The vision of tomorrow which lies ahead.

F1xx F@n

musical talent

I have been a choir geek, a principal 1 st soprano in my HS choir. I love to sing but my singing as of late is in shower or to the radio. This time of year, my voice seezes up and I tend to have problems vocally. I like to go to Karoke bars and belt out once in a while though. I do like the idea of playing guitar. I like the drums too and percussion. Stewart Copeland is my Hero. My left arm does not allow trad grip though. I have never recorded anything. Someday would be nice though if I could work out my vocal issues. I like dancing and sports too. I cant draw worth a damn. I do need to write. Good therapy.
    "Irish Yoga- Brilliant. Quote of the F*ing Year"!! Cy Curnin

Oh, I can't believe I left out Woman on a Train!

The next album I want to get is Reach the Beach, if I can find it anywhere. I've seen Shuttered Room for sale before but never Walkabout. I figure I should get the classics first before trying anything more recent.

Does anybody know if they have a live concert DVD available that's not the exclusive 2nd stage one? I always look when I go into music stores but never find anything. It'd be nice to see these songs performed live until I can go and see them in person.

Thank you!

All I know is the 1011 Woodland dvd. I don't know if they have any others.
    The following forum is rated Fixx and may contain styles of new wave and rock. Fan discretion is advised.

F1xx F@n

Originally posted by Del_Duio
    Oh, I can't believe I left out Woman on a Train!

The next album I want to get is Reach the Beach, if I can find it anywhere. I've seen Shuttered Room for sale before but never Walkabout. I figure I should get the classics first before trying anything more recent.

Does anybody know if they have a live concert DVD available that's not the exclusive 2nd stage one? I always look when I go into music stores but never find anything. It'd be nice to see these songs performed live until I can go and see them in person.

Thank you!
    They put out a VHS tape WAAAAAAAAAAY back in the 80's -- it was a concert in St. Petersburg, Florida on the Phantoms tour... "The Fixx Live in the USA".

When I ordered it soon after it came out, it was on backorder for 6 months, and I had almost forgotten that I had ordered it, so I was pretty excited when I received the package in the mail!!

I recently recorded it onto DVD, so I could watch it over and over without ruining the tape. (First time I watched it from the DVD copy was on a big projection screen, almost 8' wide... I almost cried!!! The bulb has since burned out, so I can't do that again...)

I've never seen it for sale on DVD anywhere...
    "Out there, there must be aliens
    Who donít believe in aliens
    Somewhere. Believe"
    -Cy Curnin, "We Might Find It" (The Returning Sun)

I love hearing about everyone's musical talent and interest because music has been a huge part of my soul my whole life!!! My dad was a music prodigy as a child, and met my mom who was also a talented musician. They built a business in the music industry and today there is a display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum about my father's contributions to the industry.

For little ol' me, my parents taught me how to read music before I could read words. I played piano (a mediocre player) and clarinet (I was awful at that). But I studied vocal music for 17 years. My minor in college was Musical Theatre. My very first voice coach is now an opera diva, appearing regularly at the Met in NYC, and the Lyric in Chicago.

Today I mostly just sing at church with our Praise Team at contemporary services. Of course I'll belt it out anytime I hear a Fixx song!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

Shoeman a musical marvel?

Hardly-Har-Har!!

But my thing is vocals. I don't read music, instead just memorize the note-sequences and practice them. Like Poohkie B. and fixxfanatic, I sing in church; can handle either lead or bass, usually the lead part. On the way to church services, I warm up by singing along to The Fixx!! You oughta hear that.......

Or, maybe not.
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

LOL Shoeman!!! The weird thing is that songs by The Fixx are some of the only pop songs you could probably sing in church and not offend most of those listening....nor have to bleep out half of the lyrics!!!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

F1xx F@n

I guess I scared all of you away now.

F1xx F@n

Hi F1xx F@n4,

I downloaded the MP3's but have not had a chance to listen to them -- except for Generation, which you had listed previously... I thought that that song was musically tight, and I liked it, but didn't get much of a chance to really listen to it...

I'll let you know!
    Somewhere. Believe"

F1xx F@n4, I was finally able to listen to your MP3's today (at work -- so not too loud...) and here are some rough impressions:

The musicians were tight, they did a great job! Could benefit from some "Rupert Hine" production influence, IMHO...

The male vocals (although not the musical style) were reminiscent of "The Twins" (not "The Thompson Twins") -- well done! The female vocals were also easy to listen to.

I couldn't get involved in a lyrical assessment here at work, what with "work" and all that involved...

It all sounded good to me, although I think a little more polish would put it over the top (as I said, "Rupert Hine" production influence).

Thanks for sharing!
    Somewhere. Believe"

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Only just got on to downloading again and RapidShare is only allowing 1 track at a time as it's a free account, just listening to Music City and I'm impressed, first impressions of the voice is that I thought I was listening to Morten Harket! Gonna get the rest and burn them if you don't mind.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Wow. I'm glad you both liked my songs. I'm impressed here. I couldn't even afford Rupert Hine, although I did have him in mind at the time I was recording. Yes apparently since it is a free account, you can only download 1 track per hour it seems. Sorry about that. I guess I should have bundled them altogether. No, I don't mind at all Stuart, as long as you don't sell them or claim credit for them, otherwise I give full permission. I am the sole owner of my music so I can do as I please with them, since the record companies and radio stations had their opportunity and it was their loss not mine.
    Last edited by F1xx F@n4; 01-27-2008 at 07:01 PM.

F1xx F@n

Hi all,

I'm an electronic musician, although perhaps "composer" or "producer" would be more appropriate because I can't play any instruments, I do everything with a mouse.

My music is weird scientific interest electronica - I write computer software that generates music from the formulae of Chaos Theory - the mathematics of Nature.

A link to my most popular track, all generated direct from Chaos Theory with the exception of the drum loops...

http://omegaville.com/oc/chimera_v2.mp3

Even though this isn't remotely similar to The FIXX I should say that there is a link that isn't obvious. It was hearing Rupert's keyboards that inspired me to go out and buy my first synthesiser.

Hugs to all,

Phil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast