Thread: 2008- Let's Make It Great!

2008- Let's Make It Great!

Okay, so it's already the end of Feb but it only just occurred to me that maybe I should put a shout out just to see who's still awake and alive around here...

The band is busy recording, so there's not much for us to do except to tell everyone we run into that THE FIXX is recording a new album! Yay!

I was thinking of painting all the hills in Southern California green to match the new website...wasn't sure how to go about that but luckily God beat me to it! With all the rain, we're lookin' like Ireland these days. Just need to emblazon "The Fixx" across one of the hillsides. ...or across all of the hillsides... like cattle rumps!

A Fixx bumper sticker with the new logo would be good too, don't you think? Or a window decal...I guess I'll get with Ed on that...

I hope everyone's year is off to a good start!
    Are you on the frequency?

Rhonda
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Hey there Cygnet!

How are you? A bumper sticker and/or decal is an awesome idea! I'd buy several and stick em' everywhere! 2008 is looking much better than 2007 and I am going to a psychic this week to see if she will confirm that.

Well, things ought to green up here by say...June...but hey, that ought to be just in time for the tour! hehe! Looking forward to anything Fixx-related to come out of the new year, and can't wait to see what may appear in Cy's store as well. I'm willing to sell merchandise at a show in my area, if it were to work out...

Celebrating the winter but anticipating the spring, Carrie
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Hey, I definately agree with everything being green in Southern California! Things are looking a lot greener here in Temecula too since all of the rain swept our way. I love the decal/ bumper sticker idea! Gee, I'd probably have those things plastered everywhere ( haha)!

Hello to all you Fixxtures hanging about! I just want to let you know that with only two shows left this year, we won't be implementing any major street team- take-over-the-world strategies...this year, that is...

To coincide with the new album release, Ed and I have some fun ideas though; bumperstickers just being one of them. So stay tuned! Actually, to say "coincide" makes it sound as though I know WHEN that will be, but I truthfullly have no idea, just like you.

Like I said, STAY TUNED and thanks for your ongoing support!

Cygnet

Originally posted by Cygnet
    ...with only two shows left this year...
    So there aren't going to be any more dates added after all? CRAP [sorry]! I highly doubt I'm gonna be able to make it to Vegas. This'll be the first tour I've missed since becoming a big fan...I'm slipping...

that is a bummer carrie!!! i guess we will both have to wait til next year?? we will have fixx withdrawel for sure lol dee
    rocker

Thumbs down

It wasn't my intention to spoil everyone's Fall with my post! Aren't you all incredibly grateful (I am) that The Fixx is still putting out new material...?
    Now... no more KVETCHING!

Cygnet

Originally posted by Cygnet
    Aren't you all incredibly grateful (I am) that The Fixx is still putting out new material...?
    I will be when the new album comes out! hehe! Now Rhonda, you know if I wasn't giving everyone a hard time, you'd all be asking what's wrong with me! I love our guys...I'll be waiting for them when I'm a ghost. Hey, that may make getting to shows easier! In the meantime, it'll make me look forward to Cy's solo tour that much more...tell me that's still gonna happen...

I think we need to change this to:

2009 - let's make it fine! Or,
    2010 - it'll be awesome then! Or,
    2011 - let's make it heaven!

There, I'm giving three years' time

Solo tour... ... that's on a back burner. Heck, it may even be in a Dutch Oven right now.... with a lid on it. ...but the embers are still glowing around it at least from where I stand. Just waiting for the right time, I think.

Right now it's time for THE FIXX.

Embers...hmm. Well, we'll just have to fan the flames then; get us fire signs really roaring! In the meantime, since it could be a while before we see the guys, I'm starting to rethink whether I/we could get out to Vegas, though it would only be for Saturday...I just don't know. Gotta do some hard thinkin' [scratching head].