Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Talk

Paranormal experiences are so fascinating! Maybe especially for me because I really have not had any. Would love to hear some of your stories!

Exclamation Okay, Rain, you asked. . .

8 years ago I worked at a place with my sister and brother called M&D Balloons (dubbed MuffDiver Balloons by employees). It was set up in the old state mental institution here in Manteno IL, and had not been closed over about six years and they moved the patients to Shapiro and Tinley Park. . . we were there in the summer, and it was hot as hell in that brick building- about a 120 degrees when you turned the fans off and when the power died, we headed for the exits.
    Anyway, on one of these nights, the power went out, right? It took about ten minutes for the backups to kick in, and I was sitting alone at a table working when all of a sudden, a surge hits me, like a strong gust of air. . . I look down at the front of my shirt and see a handprint like something was trying to pass through me! It had gotten stuck inside my body! I was trying to force it out and ended up fighting with it. My sister saw the handprint in my shirt and was like "WTF?" Turns out, they were giving those patients that electric shock stuff to try to get rid of bad things in their minds, and a lot of the patients died, but didn't know they were dead, so they wanted bodies!
    Since then, I had two ghost follow me- one went after someone that tried to hurt me, and the other stayed with me for these last eight years.
    Is it any wonder why I listen to "Phantom Living?" I call it Brandon- he is my protector. The other was a bad spirit and I haven't felt that one around me in forever. Brandon still manifests from time to time- turning on my stereo or stopping a cassette tape when he wants my attention. I guess I am more of a medium now that I think about it. Anything else you'd like to know?
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Wow... that's really freaky! Does he talk to you? Try to control you? That sounds kinda scary!

No, he doesn't do anything to hurt me at all. . . he used to flick the lights, turn the thermostat on (especially if I said- or my mother for that matter) outloud that I was cold, and at night, he used to sleep in my bed in the early years. I have yet to see and feel him in the house I live in now, unless he has finally found rest.
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Or do you suppose he decided to stay at your old house?

No- he isn't there. When he's around, it's like a kind of chilly feeling passes through me, and I feel him moving. I think he has left me because he feels I no longer need to be protected. He used to do that for me and my son. I hope he's resting. He wasn't hostile to us in any way.

Acheron Parthenopaeus

dang!

going back and reading these is just wicked! it's still a kickass thread!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Re: dang!

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    going back and reading these is just wicked! it's still a kickass thread!
    Absolutely! The best, IMO, is Sting stuck in a Coke machine.

Oooh. I hadn't read PStone's. That didn't happen to me except in a dream. The funny thing is...When I was a child, I dreamed a ghost passed through my body giving me that chilly feeling. And that was before I had heard that's what people experience.

Gawd. That's scary ****, pstone. You must be the type who can handle it.
    Last edited by dejapete; 09-30-2005 at 10:16 PM.

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Wish I could remember dreams, but I never do. These are pretty amazing!
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

And when it comes to paranormal experiences, I've only had a few. And nothing major. People's thoughts have spoken to me in my head. No... not devil crazy stuff. They were people in proximity to me. But undeniably real as if I had sensed it normally.

Another was an instantanous healing after someone had prayed for me.

All I can say is people will try to fool you, but real stuff happens.

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    I think the closest thing I've had to that is "seeing" something happen just before it does. Like the time I saw my favorite silver belly chain slip out of my fingers and down the bathroom sink drain, just a split instant before it happened. But I don't doubt that some people are just plugged into certain energies around them and can pick up or sense things. I think animals and kids are like that until we drone it out of them (in the case of kids, anyway!). I think they can sense their owner/parent's emotions toward the people around them. It's cool that some people retain or regain the ability in adulthood...
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

These dreams

I can relate to all those posts about dream and paranormal experiences. Hey Precious Stone, we have a lot in common. I don't like to share my stories all that often cause' I find people pass judgments and think I am a crackpot. Which I am not!!!! ( Just so you know me as a person 1st , I graduated with high honors with an Associates in Applied Science. My background was an Certified Occupational Therapist and my areas that I excelled in happen to be psychology. Part of why I excelled was that I have a natural intuition to other people.) I am very good at reading other people's body language and mannerisms. I pick up on things quickly and have predicted big problems that were about to happen with close family members. I would try to warn my mom or dad as to what I would foresee to get advice as to how to stop it. Most of the time I would get, "Oh you are just overreacting , you are so sensitive". After the event would happen I would say "I told you so". This type of thing has been happening to me since I was teenager. I am now 36 years old and just recently my mom said she will listen when I give her a message. To date I have foreseen my grandpa's heart attack, sis's breakdown, her husband going over the edge with his mental illness, another nutty Uncle getting locked up 3 times, an affair, and a few deaths. Unfortunately the predictions are mostly negative which I don't understand as I am a very postive and an extremely happy person. My uncle is dating a woman who has a spiritual gift and she did not know of my abilities and one day she looked at me and said that I had a "special gift" so I guess I must. I am going to have a Psychic Party at my house near Halloween and I want to see what this person may pick up on with my vibe. I have some really spooky experiences (some not for the religious folk) as well but I don't like talk about them as I don't want to be judged as a wack job for those non-believers.

I'm on the same page as you are, Rkerchic. I usually don't share experiences, either, for those same reasons.
    Clair-sentient... I just "know" things, prior, or as they are happening, to people I know.It's not a "seeing" or "hearing" it's just a "knowing." Although have had 4 spirit encounters...only one unfriendly, out jogging by a rural cemetery.
    Have freaked Mark and a couple of friends out before with the "knowing."
    And then, there's this gold/yellow aura thing...LOL!
    Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

msmith1

Oh my gosh - you do get me then? I understand completely! It is that "knowing" feeling. When I confronted the people that were having the affair, they looked stunned. They also denied it. Finally the truth came out and they said it was over but my "knowing" experiences told me differently and I tried to tell the innocent victims that their spouse was doing it again. Unfortunately since no one takes what I say serious, he found out the hard way again. Now he is coming to me asking what I knew and how.
    That spirit thing that happened to you happen twice but not good spirits and I do have to say that was before I was married and my mom was a true believer on that experience as she witnessed my expression afterwards! I attribute the experiences at that time to an interest I had in witchcraft. Needless to say I gave that up immediately! I have found other people who share the exact same experiences as me and it is eerie to hear the exact story told by another!!!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast