Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Talk

Effin' cool!

See, I'm not abnormal!!!

A lot of my family is gifted in this manner, but damn, man- this sure is a small paranormal universe!

Most recent dream:
    I found myself in another place. . . there were bodies of slaves hanging by their arms from some sort of rigging. They had been there so long that their skin looked mummified. I stood there staring at them and at those around me. They were being beaten and forced to labor long hours. The trippy thing is that the mummified bodies were STILL speaking! They were looking at each other and talking, and even spoke to me! I woke up fast. The next day someone informed me of the expiration of the EP. Now you know why I'm so spooked!

I don't know exactly what this means yet, but I will think more about it. The whole speaking corpse thing made me pray fervently that night. A voice from the past perhaps? There's a lesson to be learned in this vision. If you have any insight, let me know.
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

VERY SPOOKY and IT HAPPENED AGAIN

PRECIOUS STONE - That was spooky! I have a dream dictionary that I will see if any of those things are in it and try to make some sense of it for you.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN TO ME LAST NIGHT - Last night I had a horrible dream too. It was about being around people's bodies that I did not know. Some were covered in blood and one appeared to be dead. It was a woman. The other victim was a man and a small child but they were hanging on to their lives. Now here is the weird part - my 2 1/2 year old niece was in the dream and running around all of the people and becomng covered in the blood. I had said settle down and when she did not I threw something soft at her and her mom walked in the room and started carrying on that I should not throw anything and is this how you care for my child? I remember saying to her try keeping your sanity with a child as hyper as yours and that I needed to get the child to slow down. I even thought that she may have took part in the slayings. How weird is that?

The reality now to see how there is something in my dreams too that tells me something is wrong: My sister called me this morning and tells me there was a mishap with her daughter last night. My little niece was running around and fell head first into the corner of a door. The bleeding would not stop so my sis and her hubby went to the emergency room to get the baby some stitches.
    The doctor adviced for me not to touch her head or bathe that area ( I am her care taker while sis and her hubby work.) I found that so strange that there were some paralleling undertones of my dream that coincided with what did happen. I am assuming the dead woman was my sis since she was exhausted from the experience and had to take this morning off to catch up on her sleep as she was in the E.R. til' 1 a.m. The child and man obviously would be her husband and the child. He goes to work in the afternoon so his sleep was not so affected. As for my niece, she had a great time watching the doctors and nurses try to mend her and was said to be very happy and telling them all she loved them and the hospital! At least a sort of happy ending!!!!!

that was trippy!

reading dreams is kinda tricky, but it seems you hit the nail on the head (pardon the pun!)! warnings come in many ways. . .

Also, now that I'm thinking of that dream, the way they were hanging is strange- their arms pulled straight out side to side, like hanging on crosses, but the ropes held them in the air. I remember a ship in the background. . . I looked down at myself and saw how I was dressed- something white from some ancient time. Don't remember if I was the one who owned the slaves, though. It was as if they were being delivered and I was standing on the dock. For some reason I am thinking Egypt (lots of sand and a blistering hot sun). I saw them bringing them to shore. The hanging bodies were those who were punished as they made their journey in captivity, but they were still ALIVE! Their bodies had been dried out by the sun, but they were still talking and spoke to me.
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

So that's a lot of spooky stories you guys are telling. Anyways I feel familiar with some things I've read in your postings. Over the years I've been able to foretell some people what would happen to them soon, just by 'knowing'. Had to warn them. Also had some real horrible dreams myself. Some years ago I spend my holiday with my family in France and I had this dream. I was in a robber clan and at night we sneeked up on a tent on a camp site. We cut our way inside and cut the throats of our victims. At the very same time I was one of the victims, and my throat was cut. It was confusing to feel the agression of the murderer and at the same time to experience the fear of the victim. Both impressions felt so real and intense. I woke up in the middle of the night, crying out loud, my (ex)wife had to calm me down. Later that holiday I was told that this actually had happened in the very same neighbourhood some years ago. I can still associate with the feelings that I had that night. Being 'sensitive' can be scary ****...

Wow, Guido! That's wild! Pretty scary stuff!
    The worst encounter I had was about 5 yrs ago, went out jogging, pre-dawn. There's a little 1860's cemetery by a creek in a wooded dip about 2 miles out rural from Town. I was in my body, but not...looking up at the night sky from the inside bottom of a grave...muddy walls, tree roots and there was force trying to keep me down--trying to not let me climb back out of the grave. I sort of snapped out of it by hearing my own voice yelling repeatedly a very stress-filled "Hey!"
    You can bet, I RAN back home...grabbed Max, my 22lb Maine Coone protector cat (he's since passed away at 17 yrs old) and sat on the couch holding him for a good long time! Haven't jogged by there pre-dawn for quite awhile.
    Max was about 4yrs old and with me when my Grandmother's spirit visited the house 2 weeks after she passed. He saw her--his fur was all on end, he put himself between us, stared but didn't make a sound, until she faded. Even with our 2--55 lb dogs, I don't feel truly protected since he passed, he would have kicked the butt of anything living or not.
    Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Grans House

I have had variations of the same dream for the past 10 years... I am at my Granny's house ( she passed away in "94", and we were super close )
    I visit for awhile we talk about how she is and how I am doing... then she says she has to go... when she starts to leave ... I can feel the saddness in the dream. She says, "don't worry sweetie, I'll be ok, I'll come visit again soon " she walks threw her front door... and she is gone.

I really do feel that she is visiting me in my dreams. We talked about "the other side a lot, when she was alive... and she said if she could... she would try to contact me.
    MdmV

Consider it was a real visit

MDMVERRUCA -
    I do believe there is life after death and that is exactly what my family all says to each other too. I just ask they don't visit me during inappropriate times . I also am a follower of Sylvia Brown's work and indeed that is considered a visit. I get a visit from my grandma that passed last summer in my dreams.
    Enjoy the times and don't be afraid!

DOES ANYONE EVER SMELL A FLORAL SCENT?

Just wondering if anyone who believes in visits from the spirit world ever experiences floral scents?
    I got this a few times and it seems more tangible as I can call anyone who may be at home and verify that they too have experienced it.
    I took care of a woman who suffered from Alzheimer's and after she passed I got the scent of flowers all around me while I was home. She was in the hospital!!! Even more pleasant but a little spooky was that a few nights later she came to thank me for taking care of her in my dream. It was more like a reality as she was walking back into the Adult Day Care that I worked in and shook my hand and gave a hug as her husband smiled on at us as we embraced. Incidentally ,he died a few months later I suppose of heart break. They were so in love and I always admired how they adored each other.
    More floral scents came into my guest room the day we buried Grandma. She lived in North Carolina and I always said whenever she needs a place to stay in Jersey, that she could have that room. Glad to see she takes me up on that offer.

Visitations~Scents

I haven't personally smelt floral scents.... but, I have read that it is a common occurence when spirts visit us.

Sylvia Brown is cool... I haven't read a lot of her books... I have been meaning to.... John Edwards book - What if God Were the Sun... is a Great Read.
    MdmV

Those loved ones who have passed seem to come back to us easier in dreams than when we are awake.

Someone very close to me had a boyfriend who commited suicide, he didn't seem to realize he was gone. Calling on the phone, ringing the doorbell, always trying to get our attention. He came to her every night in her dreams. He refused to believe that he was dead, even got upset with her for cutting a lock of his hair. (her final remembrance) It was so hard on her that I slept on the floor next to her bed - holding her hand every night - for the entire summer. She finally convinced him that he had passed on & now he only visits occasionally. And she has learned to cope with it fairly well - all things considered.
    Last edited by pippi617; 10-04-2005 at 04:19 AM.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Catching scents. . .

Besides flowers, you can also catch the scent a person wore. On an earlier thread, I talked about my grandfather coming to us the night he died (August 1984). There were footprints on the floor where he had walked- it had rained that night in Arkansas. They didn't dry, and his scent became ever stronger when we tried to air out our house. My mom knew he was gone before my uncle spoke (he came to our house to tell us in the morning before we left for school).

I also can smell someone who is still ALIVE. If something has happened or is wrong, I already know because I usually have that smell on something that belongs to me (usually my bed).

That brings to mind a lot of memories. We still catch a baby powder scent every now and again- my grandma wore Chantilly, and if you are familiar with that perfume, it DOES smell like powder. . . and now I wear it to feel closer to her.

Nifty comments on this, people!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Scents~

I sometimes wear Youth Dew by Estte Lauder.... because my Gran did... and yes, It really makes me feel closer to her... When she is on my mind I also, like to wear some of her fav earrings.
    MdmV

I can relate. Ever since I was young I've had similar experiences. My favorites are when I've known that family members were expecting prior to them announcing it to the family. I used to tell my mom, but at some points she found it a bit unsettling.

I don't know if it relates at all, but I've had so many encounters where things outside of the norm have happened... the one that still holds on to me is when my grandfather died. We knew he was failing, in fact they had sent him home to hospice... his body ravaged by the remnants of cancer and the terrible effects of Parkinson's disease. My mom and my gram were with him all the time. I was in Illinois, states away. The day he died I woke with a dream that he was speaking to me in the form of a great black bear, although I knew it was him. It was odd to me, even in the dream, because my Pappap had lost his larynx to cancer nearly ten years before and had not spoken in his true voice since then. ( he had one of those mechanical things that he despised... so he worked in his preferred method of sign language...) He spoke kind words to me, told me I had a road to travel that would be a hard one (not long after that I threw my ex out of the house after seven dreadful years) and told me he loved me and walked away.

As he departed, I woke to the sound of the telephone. My father called to tell me that just a few minutes before, my beloved grandfather had crossed over.

A year later, at a sci-fi convention, a fellow dealer was trying to thank me for helping her out that weekend... and said that a small bear pendant carved out of agate had "called to her." I nearly broke down and cried.
    "I've left Bethlehem. I feel free. I've left the girl I was supposed to be." - P. C.

Sorry PreciousStone. I looked up some of the characteristics of that slave dream and there wasn't anything to match the complexity of what that dream is telling you. Your dream explanation was so vivid that I actually believe that there was a movie like that but I can't think of the name. I hope one day you will get an answer to what that dream is about. Til' then I hope you have sweeter dreams!
    I know in anticipation of this next tour, I keep dreaming of The Fixx!!!!

"My dreams are only love and danger. "

Originally posted by rkerchic
    ...Your dream explanation was so vivid that I actually believe that there was a movie like that but I can't think of the name.
    Perhaps Amistad?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast