Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Talk

For the past two or three years, I've been having strange dreams - not reccuring, per se, but they all take place in the same alternate universe. I remeber once while in the dream, I specifically looked for street signs to find my location, but I can't remember the name of them. Now, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere around Encino/LA County, CA, since my Grandparents' house is sometimes there.

Anyway, I'm almost always outside in these dreams. Often, past love interests are in these dreams, and I try desperately to find them or hold on to them. Other times, I act very much out of my character towards authority figures I know. Last night, all my siblings were at the house of the old man next door to my "grandparents' house," and he let us drink alcohol. (We're all underage.)

I've been wondering for the longest time what these dreams are supposed to mean. The only thing they seem to have in common is the city they take place in, and even then, the setting is different - either at my high school (which is sometimes a college), my grandparents'...even my last foster home. Perhaps it's some sort of parallel universe I've stumbled upon?

Sorry if this is confusing to you guys (and girls). It is confusing to me as well.

Something that would never happen, but it happened in a dream...

I was having Thanksgiving dinner with family and took seconds, as people often do. My Mom said, "You really should try to lose weight."

I threw down the plate and stormed out of the dining room yelling, "It's Thanksgiving!"

That dream makes me hungry for turkey.

My dreams...my dreams...

...Nightmares now. I'm having nightmares about my ex doing terrible things to me (he was no angel in real life, but he never did the things he did in my dream). I keep having nightmares like that every so often after a breakup. Not good.

I really want turkey now.

I haven't been following this thread, so if this has been discussed already, forgive, please...

Anyone else have night terrors? They're ultra-real, incredibly frightening and tend to hang over into reality once you've awakened.
    Mine started when I was in my teens. I often had terrors of spiders (monster size dropping from the ceiling on to my face), and at times I'd be wakened by my parents... I had gotten all the way to their room and would be standing there screaming.

When I got older and lived on my own, I had recurring terrors of someone breaking in the window, someone with a knife at my throat, someone with a camera watching me as I sleep (ok, that shouldn't be frightening, but it always made me freak). I'd wake up and be so frightened... heart pumping, sweating, crying... that I couldn't shake what I'd been through, and sometimes still believed there was someone in the room, etc.

Dreadful experiences. I hated them. And, I realized, that I haven't had one since I moved in with my fiance (now my husband) last March. I hadn't noticed what a wonderful thing it was until I was watching tv and someone was being roused out of a nightmare, and it all came to me... and how blessed I feel not to be experiencing them anymore.

anybody else suffer from these awful things?
    "I've left Bethlehem. I feel free. I've left the girl I was supposed to be." - P. C.

I used to, when I was younger, from what my Mom tells me. I really can't recall anything of it, though.

You know you spend too much time on the Fixx message boards when...

OK.......This morning, I had the strangest dream. "I sailed away to China, in a little row boat to find 'ya, and you said you had to get your laundry cleaned..."

So sorry - couldn't resist. All kidding aside, I did have an extremely bizarre dream:

For some reason, my mom or somebody in the family was supposed to be having a baby, but I was the one who was pregnant. Then, the baby was being delivered,by my mom, but I didn't go into labor, my belly just...shrank. The baby was a preemie and we were doing all that we could to help it along, and I had to fill out the birth certificate. Mom and I were trying to figure out the gender, and we figured it was a boy. We tried to settle on a name, and I picked "Cyril - Cy for short." She said, "What if it's a girl?" and I said, "Cyrilla, then."

Then my brother came home from school and I said, "Notice anything different?" and gestured to my figure, which went back to its normal hourglass shape. He got pissed that I got to name the baby and said, "The one day I actually go to school, I miss something important!!" And stormed off.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't let anyone touch baby Cyril unless they were very clean, so I went in to wash my hands...then I woke up.

Way weird.

Ever fall asleep reading a book, and you continue the story in your mind in the style of the author?

Or ever fall asleep watching a movie and you continue the story in your dream?

Last night, I fell asleep watching Sliding Doors. In my dream, one of the characters was an actor and went to an audition. He needed an edge, so he used a light bulb as a prop. (Where does this stuff come from?)

Originally posted by shora65
    I haven't been following this thread, so if this has been discussed already, forgive, please...

Anyone else have night terrors? They're ultra-real, incredibly frightening and tend to hang over into reality once you've awakened.
    Mine started when I was in my teens. I often had terrors of spiders (monster size dropping from the ceiling on to my face), and at times I'd be wakened by my parents... I had gotten all the way to their room and would be standing there screaming.

When I got older and lived on my own, I had recurring terrors of someone breaking in the window, someone with a knife at my throat, someone with a camera watching me as I sleep (ok, that shouldn't be frightening, but it always made me freak). I'd wake up and be so frightened... heart pumping, sweating, crying... that I couldn't shake what I'd been through, and sometimes still believed there was someone in the room, etc.

Dreadful experiences. I hated them. And, I realized, that I haven't had one since I moved in with my fiance (now my husband) last March. I hadn't noticed what a wonderful thing it was until I was watching tv and someone was being roused out of a nightmare, and it all came to me... and how blessed I feel not to be experiencing them anymore.

anybody else suffer from these awful things?
    Well, my mom calls it this- the witch is riding you. Usually when I had dreams like that, it's difficult to wake, and when you do, you feel physically drained. As for me, I have a fear of heights (this coming from a tall person- LOL) and usually in my dream, I end up jumping! Only I never land and it's like I'm flying. But it is absolutely terrifying!!! And don't even mention spiders OR snakes. . . I am terrified of snakes. Not much scares me, but snakes, spiders, and big *** dogs render me incapacitated and curled in a fetal position shrunken in terror. . .

As far as falling asleep reading or watching a film and continuing in the same fashion- that's why I stopped watching Freddy as a kid!!!! Man, I tell ya- slasher films are a big NUH-UH when it's bedtime! I did that watching Anaconda once, which I shouldn't have been watching in the first place, being I'm not fond of snakes. . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

I PM'd Steve because I had questions about a message I was posting. I wasn't sure how to word it, or which thread or forum to post it to.

So, he called me on the phone. I started rattling off all my questions. His reply was "Who am I talking to?" I was very apologetic, saying "How stupid of me."

After we discussed things, he told me he had to go. He was helping a member with a personal problem. (What a guy!)

After I woke up, I realized...He called me. He had to have known it was me.

In my other dream, my wife had a sleep-over girlfriend. They were probably more than just friends. So...it was bye-bye marriage.

Now, that was strange. . .

This morning I rolled over and asked my mom what time it was. She said 5:27. I managed to drift off to sleep. . . then I began to have this horrible nightmare (can you call it that when you have it at dawn?) about me and my mom going at it verbally. In real life, I've been going through a thing with her about how she doesn't treat me like an adult and differently than my siblings. It was so intense that I was kicking the covers and woke up pissed the eff off! Sad but a lot of what I dreamed is true. It's just that I need to go and get my head right. I know better than to talk to her about it because I've had to take her to the floor about this a million times before, but it's gettin' hard to deal with her. Reminds me of why Tony Soprano went to counseling. . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

I've been working on a Hall & Oates cd for a friend, so I've dreamed a lot of Daryl lately - this morning I was having a lovely dream about being backstage and he scooped me up in his arms and took me up some flights of stairs to another part of the building to show me some interesting upper floors in the building. The cool thing was I was apparently MUCH lighter (hee hee) and he wasn't supposed to take off with me so I was pretending to have fainted and he was pretendng to take me to get help. He was whispering low into my neck and head where we were going and I remember feeling his voice vibrate and feel hot against my head.

Speaking of Sylvia Browne, however - I am currently reading one of her books - "Life On The Other Side." It's endlessly fascinating.

There was a giant bumblebee flying around, inside our house.

It was harmless, though, and would let you pet its fuzzy back.

That's a cool dream, dejapete - I think insects are cool, even though I'm slightly afraid of bees.

I had another one of those alt-universe dreams I have - this time, though, I dreamed that I had a substitute in my English class, and he was none other than my comic book creating idol, Jhonen Vasquez!! When he spoke to me out in the hall, I gave him my childhood name instead of telling him I was "S. E.," and I started to wonder why. Then I started drawing in class in hopes that he'd walk around and see that I was an aspiring cartoonist, but I couldn't find anything good enough to draw and everybody else was drawing, too...

Dreams that pay off!!! My mom has been helping an elderly aunt. Our aunt is so greatful that she buys lottery tickets for mom. The numbers have been coming from dream interpretations. On a weekly basis the numbers are coming out! Spooky - huh? No real big $$ but something is better than nothing! Psychics have told me to keep a journal by the bed and record my dreams as mentioned in previous threads here that I have premonition dreams. The only problem is I am usually too comfortable to want to wake up to write all the details. I remember big things but when numbers come up I always forget them. My aunt said it isn't always a number but an event. I don't know what dream book she refers too but my book of refernces only help interpret messages.

Unhappy

I had a dream - a scary dream. I woke up in a panic.

I dreamed I (along with Moog and Ron) got put back into foster care - even though I was already 18 in the dream.

Moog and I got put in a home where there were roaches and we had to share a room with the foster mother's son (Moog and I shared a bed). I complained that we were taken away before because one of our siblings was sharing a room with the opposite sex (which actually happened in real life) and then I said, "Hey, wait a minute - I'm 18, they can't keep me here!" So I started to gather my things. The foster mother came in and asked if I was going out to [some place, I forgot], and asked if I was going outside...completely oblivious to what I was doing. As soon as I made it out the door, I woke up.

I don't know if that was supposed to represent me being set free from my fear of going back or if that means my fears are still possessing me.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast