Thread: Look for dates in May!

Cool Look for dates in May!

Yes loved that update! The English Beat in the line up with The Alarm, and The Fixx. God life is good! I just hope all dates will indeed be posted by May. I am putting my life and vacation plans on hold until the dates are in. I would hate to miss this!
    Last edited by rockerchic; 04-03-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Ah, in the News section! Forgot to look there! Great to have a better idea of the dates, though with having to get my vacation request in by Monday, it's still a shot in the dark...oh well, I may not even be at that job by summer, so it could be a moot point! Here's hoping there's a date close enough so I'll be able to break away...I need to hear one of Cy's "you will!"'s right now!

Don't know the English Beat too well, I'll have to explore their work...
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Carrie, the English Beat are great!!! This is going to be one hell of a line up.

They are known in the UK as The Beat and then they went off and Dave Wakeling and Rankin' Roger formed General Public.

They sing Mirror in the bathroom, save it for later, and I confess. All terrific songs, you should enjoy getting to know their stuff. Check out the videos on youtube! So '80s.
    Nic

"There will always be two different views..."

Originally posted by ndevona
    Carrie, the English Beat are great!!! This is going to be one hell of a line up.

They are known in the UK as The Beat and then they went off and Dave Wakeling and Rankin' Roger formed General Public.

They sing Mirror in the bathroom, save it for later, and I confess. All terrific songs, you should enjoy getting to know their stuff. Check out the videos on youtube! So '80s.
    General Public supported Queen (!) on the latter's 1984 (The Works) tour - a bit of pop trivia for yer!
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

and remember STING had on "the BEAT" teeshirt in one of those Zenyatta Videos...

Dont stand... i think ???
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Originally posted by Wilkie UK
    General Public supported Queen (!) on the latter's 1984 (The Works) tour - a bit of pop trivia for yer!
    I knew that name sounded familiar for a reason...I must remember hearing it in conjunction with Queen ('nother one of my faves).
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

I've seen the English Beat before, they are awesome in concert! This is one great lineup for this summer, I'm looking forward to it!

Oops I was overly anticipating!

I see as I reread under The News heading that The Fixx will know where they are heading by May not dates to be listed in May. I am just anxious to get the dates so I can plan to attend a show or two and then move forward to book my summer vacation! My vacation plans could have been made already but all things are on hold til' I see when The Fixx will be near town. So hurry please with some good news!

This sounds exciting. Last year the Fixx joined the Alarm after they had been through Detroit. So we missed them. Hopefully this year.

Not sure if it was the English Beat or just Dave Wakeling but I saw them in the late 90's by pure coincidence. Me and a buddy were on vacation in San Diego. There was a club there with a sign saying English Beat so we said sounds like something cool to do. What a great idea it was, they are a very lively band...fantastic show. The play the General Public songs also. Who is in the English Beat now?

This sounds exciting. Last year the Fixx joined the Alarm after they had been through Detroit. So we missed them. Hopefully this year.

Not sure if it was the English Beat or just Dave Wakeling but I saw them in the late 90's by pure coincidence. Me and a buddy were on vacation in San Diego. There was a club there with a sign saying English Beat so we said sounds like something cool to do. What a great idea it was, they are a very lively band...fantastic show. The play the General Public songs also. Who is in the English Beat now?

Full English Beat line up can be found at their MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/officialbeatspace

I'm totally excited about this bill.

Yes, the Beat does do General Public songs and sometimes Dave does brand new songs as well.

I'd like to see this line-up in the UK sometime
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

BEAT

The English Beat are GREAT in concert. I've had the pleasure of MC'ing/introducing all 3 bands (Beat, Fixx, Alarm) and I must say that they are all a great bunch of guys and all great in concert.

I'm so looking forward to both shows (this one and Regeneration Tour) here in Saratoga, Ca. this summer. I hope to join many of you here for both shows.

Dr. Roger