Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my account in Facebook

my account in Facebook

Today, I've been creating my account in Facebook, but, the last year, I've been releasing my account in MySpace.
    "Remember me when I'm gone
    Remember my breathing
    Remember my eyes
    Remember my wings
    Remember my swan song
    Remember me when I'm gone
    I would have loved to die in your arms"

- Cy Curnin, "Remember Me When I'm Gone"

hi little bird on facebook also thanks to my friend dee lol i like it better then my space actually dee
    rocker

I like Facebook better than Myspace... I am on it too... but don't mix me up with my distant cousins( there are 2 Jeanne Thelen's on Facebook besides me) " Jeanne " is a family name... I am the one that likes the Fixx..Not the one that is in Michigan or the one that is married... . LOL!!!
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

I just started putting together a page there (under Carrie Ellen Williams) and one on Twitter (fixxfancarrie). I should do pages for the girls on Catster next, then I really won't be able to keep up

Anyway, all are welcome!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

I joined Facebook, but at the moment I don't understand it. I guess I must spend more time learning my way around Facebook. I'm not taking to it as easily as MySpace. And I like that MySpace is customizable using HTML.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

don't feel bad dejepete i am in the same boat lol i guess we will get the hang of it sooner or later lol it takes time i guess like you said dee
    rocker

yeah, i have a myspace account as Asuka and never use it.

on the other hand, i have a new facebook account (in my name), and if ya'll want to be put on the friends list, just drop me an email!

Finally have a facebook page

The techno tard here finally set up a Facebook page. Some of you here I have seen there and requested as Friends. Hope you welcome me!
    I still think I like MySpace as I found it easier on my eyes and a lil' quicker to set up. The plus side of Facebook is that it put me back in touch with friends and family that live far or that I'd lost touch with. You're welcomed to become a friend at my Facebook and or MySpace. Contact me here so that I am aware of who the requester is. Oops the negative side is that I hope the unwanted nuts from my family tree doesn't find me there! Though I'd assume the individual I am thinking of is so far out to lunch that he'd not have a clue about the real world and how to navigate his way in it.

hey rockerchic glad i found you there at facebook!!! dee
    rocker

Glad to be found

and remain friends as our ways to network expands! Dee I did think that photo was your husband. Glad you set the record straight.
    My photo is my husband, me, and family at Wildwood Crest. Our favorite place at the Jersey Shore! My 2 year old won 3rd place in a beauty pageant run by the Motel that weekend. She was up against some really adorable girls too. I think it is because she put on a pair of sunglasses that matched her bikini. The bikini bottom was ruffled like a tutu with sequins inside of it and the top had a sequined fish. She has a impish smile which probably helped win the judges' hearts.

Re: Finally have a facebook page

Originally posted by rockerchic
    I'd assume the individual I am thinking of is so far out to lunch that he'd not have a clue about the real world and how to navigate his way in it.
    Would that be the Barstucks (as Cy calls it) java jitter guy?

Hee hee hee - good one!

No the Java Jitter guy is harmless. He is too stuck on himself and trying to achieve stardom to be in contact with family!

Sadly the nut job that I am referring to is my dad's brother who had been incarcerated 3 times. Once for a bomb threat against Bush Senior when he was in office, once for pistol whipping a girlfriend and setting fire to her apartment and surrounding buildings, and once for making flesh wounds (uh oh like Dahmer did) by biting someone along with drug charges. He is sooooooo messed up! Schizophrenic and he uses and abuses drugs and alcohol and it really makes him more insane! He is like a socio-path!
    He tried to molest me when I was a teen. He also once told my dad before getting locked away the first time that I am the devil's daughter cause' there are three 6's in my birthdate. We tried to exile him from being part of the family. Begged for them to throw away the key too! Well he is finally out since December and too close for comfort. In fact I went to the cemetary on Mother's Day to visit my grandmother's gravesite. Guess who I ran into?
    - It was awkward and uncomfortable for me! Thankfully my dad's older (sane) brother was there with his wife so I did not have to focus on him as much. I did remember exclaiming as he walked over ("Oh **** it is Donny!) I did not want my children to ever meet him and sadly the 5 year old was with me so she did. Upon leaving, he had remembered where I used to live and said to me one day I will pop by to say hello. I abruptly turned away and said no I don't live there anymore, I have moved on. I walked as fast as I could to my car where my husband was waiting as the 2 year old slept in the car, so he never got to see her - thank god! I told the 5 year old that you will not see him anymore and I said he was a bad man. She was a little alarmed to hear that since he did try to make small talk with her so she started to cry but I said we were not in harm's way because we were with other family near us so it is okay, but in the future we need to stay away. He does find out somethings through one of my aunts as he knew I have children but I think that is all he knows and hope that is all. My dad reminded his siblings not to share information with him regarding us so hopefully they adhere to it!
    I had tried so hard not to put too much information on these networking places just in case and when I do I am cautious of what I write and who I stay in contact with. He may not know my married surname so I think it is safe for my Facebook.

My dad is one of nine children and this 1 is the rotten apple of the bunch. I am learning that he was always this way since childhood but I guess not treated for it. Anyway my dad hears from him once in awhile and funny because one day he told my dad it was easier living in prison than it is on the outside. We have been taking guesses on how long it will be before he goes back to his ways and back to prison. My dad reminds him that though he calls my dad to chat, he is no longer welcomed by any of us.

The positive side of this story is that I excelled in the psychiatric portion of my internship when I was in college as I had much experience/knowledge of this kind of illness. Believe it or not I was not and am not intimidated by people with mental illnesses. I am only cautious because I know the tendencies of what some people are capable of.

Yikes...good luck Sherri, I hope he doesn't seek you out. Be sure to keep records of/report anything that happens; with his prior history, you'll at least have a better chance of being listened to.

wow rockerchic that is just too scary please be careful and stay away from the guy okay? and i do like your picture on facebook very sweet i will post one of hubby and i as soon as i get a new one i like lol which maybe a long time lol only kidding take care dee
    rocker

A funny story

We had "Night out" in our county which basically is to have communities come together for a safe and fun night out and for the local enforcement to show what they do. We passed an area where the bomb squad was doing a demonstration. My husband was punning fun and I must have said it was not funny. An officer over heard and was curious what we had been discussing. I explained and he said was very familiar with the incident that my uncle was in. Actually I'd say about 90 percent of the County knows of him. His long track record probably makes him notorious for all the wrong reasons!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast