Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my account in Facebook

I did sign up for Facebook a few months ago.

But I'm rarely there.

So many sites, so little time...........
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

yes it is tough shoeman i am on facebook once aday that's it as i have 3 other forums i am on including this one and posting resumes for jobs right now so busy for sure!!! dee
    music junkie!!

Hey, just a note of thanks to all of you here who have added me as a friend on Facebook in the last few days. I'll be taking a peek over there now and then.

And be expecting more friend requests from me to those who aren't on my list yet.

I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

yes thank-you to steve and stuart for adding me too!! the more the merrier i always say i just wish i had more time to spend there?? dee
    music junkie!!

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    New to Facebook & MySpace. I like the quiet of MySpace. Facebook has a stepped-up pace, fun for staying connected or reconnecting. -Troll

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Just look for "Jim Ballard" on Facebook and you'll find me. It would be great to add some Fixxtures as friends.

Originally posted by shoeman
    Hey, just a note of thanks to all of you here who have added me as a friend on Facebook in the last few days. I'll be taking a peek over there now and then.

And be expecting more friend requests from me to those who aren't on my list yet.

Hi shoeman thank you for the friend request on facebook,and myspace,And like to say nice to meet Stuart also.Thanks for the request guys.I pop on each one like I do here for a few minutes a day in between.I get around on my day off mostly.Thanks again guys.
    My sentimental friend we`ll walk as one again,one day.M.Ure

yes also thanks to john who added me too (shoeman) always glad to have more fixx fans on there!! dee
    music junkie!!

i found you jim thanks for adding me to your friends!!! have a great fixxy day!! dee
    music junkie!!

Jim, I've been adding some groups/fan pages on Facebook thanks to seeing them on your page! Great to have that overlap in our music taste!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Jeanne, Dee, Carrie, it's great to have you all as new friends on FB.

In regards to my current Facebook status, my 17-year-old niece was diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy almost two weeks ago. Two days after the diagnosis, she had a major seizure at home, was rushed to Emergency, and has been in ICU ever since. I was at dinner with family yesterday afternoon when we got the news that she was finally being moved to a non-emergency wing of the hospital. It was a matter of getting her to respond to the right kind of medication, and stabilizing her condition (she was having 'cluster seizures' as they tried to pull her off of one med and onto another). My sister said that she's improved greatly over the past couple of weeks. Yesterday's family dinner was for my grandfather; this past week marked one year since my grandmother passed away, so needless to say, it's been an emotional couple of weeks for my family. Hope that's not TMI for everyone.

Not at all (for me) - glad to know who's doing better. Hope she continues on the upswing and feels better soon. It has to be terribly worrisome to not know when a seizure could hit...

hi jim no it is not too much information hope your neice gets better soon? of course i will be praying for your neice thank you for the update take care dee
    music junkie!!

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

ReverbNation.com

Anyone else know about reverbnation? I stumbled across that for the first time last week. Found "The Fixx" from NJ *huh?* Anyway, I really don't think it's my Fixx (well, our Fixx). Isn't there some kind of ownership issue over the name? I don't want to get anyone in legal trouble for just not knowing better.

Meanwhile, if The Fixx does want to make NJ homebase, I'm all about that!

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

It's probably either the barbershop quartet or the Christian music festival of the same name. Our Fixx never trademarked (if I'm remembering the term correctly) their name, I believe because it was prohibitively costly, so all manner of products can (and often do) get named The Fixx.

Not a problem for us, who would think of our band upon hearing the term, but given the lack of knowledge of them in the general public these days (where were all these people in 1983???), there may be competition from other products.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast