Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what was the last cd you bought??

Hybrid View

what was the last cd you bought??

hi as you all know i loe the fixx and michael mcdonald but i also love heavy metal and bands from the 80's! i go to local thrift shops to find old cd's so friday i went to one and found a great white cd and a winger cd paid 2 bucks for each very cool !! so what was the last cd you bought besides the fixx of course? dee
    rocker

Lots of 'em!

2 from Jon B- Cool Relax and Love Hurts
    Whitesnake's Definitive Collection
    Journey's Escape remastered
    Def Leppard's Songs from the Sparkle Lounge and Hysteria
    The Police- a 2cd set w/a yellow background
    A New Wave 2 cd set w/lots of faves on it
    a 3cd 80s Heavy Metal set that includes tracks from Dokken, Ratt, and Alice Cooper
    Black Sabbath's best of circa 1970-78
    New Jack Swing compilation
    Old School Bass groove compilation
    an INXS best of
    Bush's Razorblade Suitcase
    George Michael's TwentyFive

lots of variety, never boring!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

The Cars' and Asia's debut albums, Roxette's Look Sharp, and Al Stewart's Year of the Cat.

Don't try to figure out my taste in music, you'll only get a headache!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

hey precious and carrie great taste in music i bought songs from the sparkle lounge last week love it i am waiting for ratt's ratt and roll in the mail and another great white cd and the best of motley crue which i should get in the mal today love a variety of artists all the time too lol dee
    rocker

just bought saints of los angeles motley crue's new cd some great rocking songs on it also bought a michael mcdonald cd on e bay for 4.94 which i didn't have yet formy collection lol dee
    rocker

last 2 cd's

"The Returning Sun" - gee I wonder who the singer is?
    "Guerilla Tactics" - The Alarm

geez, who buys cds anymore ? you's old people better catch up with century #21.

did you u2 fans see that they rereleased their first 3 albums w/ rare tracks?

it may ask you to login/setup an account for free, but i seemed to steer clear of it using the refresh button here and there... and jumped around from all 3 albums... (and yes i say albums in this case since they were made from 1980-1983 before the CD era arrived.)

I bought the online u2 catalog a couple of years ago from itunes, but there is some new /different stuff that didnt come with my collection... doh!

http://www.imeem.com/u2music
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

I bought the Fixx 25th Anniversary cd online, I haven't received it yet. I can't wait. For Tom's birthday in June, I bought him Tom Waits' Orphans: Brawlers, Ballers, and *******s cd.

Lightbulb Oooo!

Ordering the new Beck CD. YAY!
    Perfect timing, before Bumbershoot

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

geez, who buys cds anymore ? you's old people better catch up with century #21.
    I'm with Diamond5. Who buys CDs? The last one I bought was earlier this year as a favor to a friend who sings in a band. Otherwise I download albums, convert them to .wav and burn my own. Conversion and burning software can be gotten for free these days.

i just got the cd i bought in the mail yesterday it is michael mcdonald's take it to heart cd as i didn't have that one yet for my collection dee
    rocker

Well i meant that you download stuff LEGALLY from the artist directly or maybe itunes ,etc. not necessarily just "borrow" them from limewire/napster etc- i ve never been on these sites and dont plan to either. BUY DIRECT...Support your favorite artists and THEIR wallets not the damn record company zillionaires! I think Prince actually started the direct buy after being a slave to his recording contract, and finally had enough!

Remember walking thru the mall/record shop and you only had 20 bucks.. So you would always first grab your "must-have" favorites, and then maybe take a chance on something that wasnt a sure thing... lots of those trainwreck albums became ashtrays! LOL!

on the internet-

But i will now and then grab something i normally wouldnt buy, just to satifsy my curiosity of this band XYZ, and sometimes it's better than you thought, but wasn't worth a 20 spot when you're young!

And sometimes I'm more less critical if i didnt buy it- If i paid 17.99 for it at the mall and it sucked- I'm upset that i didn't select something else. And probably scared to chance a mystery pick the next time i buy. So now, i find myself exploring some of those bands that wouldn't use as my primary pick, but now i can click and listen thru all of a bands discography online and zero in on what i enjoy. Or usually i will go online and buy a bands entire collection so i get to relive their releases in order and see/hear their music growth from album1 to their latest.

I guess it boils down to, i experiment more when the price is not soo steep.

And you? ...
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Viva La Vida - Coldplay

Madonna - Hard Candy

i just ordered the fixx greatest hits with berlin and the motels i didn't have that one? dee
    rocker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast