Thread: Please welcome wrdsmth

Smile Newbie here...

Just want to say hi to all.

Gotta question though. Does anyone know what the bonus tracks are for the recent reissues of Shuttered Room and Real Time Stood Still? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

p.s.
    I thought the following might help serve as a sort of initiation ritual. It's not much as far as thought-provoking lyrics go, but here goes.

Navigator on a ship of fools
    where logic should lead
    tradition rules
    I believe with a guiding hand
    to the promised land
    they believe we must never "know"
    and to Babylon we should go
    jesters discover the undercover
    to see the man once perceived a mouse
    and toss the mortal map from the drifting house
    "Overboard," the hoardes all laugh
    carefree and cruel but a careless gaff
    thanks to their blunder
    now, I'm going under,
    Underwater.

I know it's not "There once was a women from Nantucket," but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Welcome aboard....

Welcome aboard.....a bit late.....like by over 3 years but welcome all the same.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Re: Newbie here...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wrdsmth
    [B]

Gotta question though. Does anyone know what the bonus tracks are for the recent reissues of Shuttered Room and Real Time Stood Still?

Yes, for Shuttered Room they are "Sinking Island" and "Stand or Fall (Extended Mix). And as for Real Time Stood Still, I'm not sure...my copy has 17 tracks on it (bought within the last 6 mo). If it helps, here they are:

All is Fair
    Shut it Out
    One Thing Leads...
    Are we Ourselves
    Subterranean
    Calm Animals
    I'm Life
    Stand or Fall
    Shred of Evidence
    Outside
    Deeper
    Red Skies
    Treasure It
    The Fool
    Driven Out
    Less Cities
    Secret Sep

The sleeve doesn't mention any bonus tracks so maybe I'm missing them too but I don't know what the earlier track list was.

As for your poetry, i'm right there with you... UNDER, that is. I'm not sure it's water I'm under but I'm definitely under. And about them not wanting you to know...isn't it interesting that faith is all-important until you find faith in something OTHER than what they tell you to believe in. ...and tradition! The world is AMUK in tradition... traditions may unite people on a small scale, but on the much larger, much more important scale, they separate the human family into teams of hatred. GRRRRR!

Ooops! Forgot why i was here: Welcome to the board, wrdsmth!

Welcome to the communty....

Wrdsmth,
    Welcome to the board from another newbie.

I invite everyone on the forum to stop by my bands website, www.thereverseengineers.com and check us out. We just released a new cd titled "Max-Q". Stop by and listen to some clips and we always enjoy feedback about the songs. We'd like to get some feedback from some fans that really know what good music is.
    Join online learn spanish and learn french online free to pass principiacollege exam in first try. Our best quality www.goucher.edu and Keiser University guide you well for University of Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by royaltoon55 View Post
    I invite everyone on the forum to stop by my bands website, www.thereverseengineers.com and check us out. We just released a new cd titled "Max-Q". Stop by and listen to some clips and we always enjoy feedback about the songs. We'd like to get some feedback from some fans that really know what good music is.
    What do you mean "new"?
    MaxQ is from 2004.
    I have one.

a

This is Paul, i'm from France as well, in Alsace, fortunatly i live near the German/Swiss corner that allowed me and a good friend of mine, the one who introduced me to The Fixx years ago, to catch the German gig from Ducsaal in Freundenburg october 14th, in front of an audience of about 60 people, where we had the great chance to talk to The Fixx after the gig and felt as we belong to a big family, although we were alone the all of them for nearly an hour of chatt. For my first Fixx gig it was tremendous, they are all so nice chaps, it was so wonderful talking about music, our lives, i'll write about in another thread.