Thread: Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!

yes happy labor day to all of you i hope you have a wonderful holiday!!! anybody have any great plans? mom andi are going shopping today should be a good time dee
    rocker

Labor Day

Happy one to all!
    Going to the pool from the time they open this morning and staying until they close. Dinner with my parents at either their house or ours afterwards. The weather is in the high 80's and lots of sun.

We're going shopping then have a early dinner, something BBQed, at least!

Dan and I went on a hike, and parts of it were on walkways that went through a swamp...very cool! I missed getting a pic of a beautiful butterfly (I love taking butterfly pics) which was brown with wings closed but bright orange with them open...really jagged-shaped wings too - very cool! (S)he blended in perfectly with the leaves with wings closed.

We also went for a short paddleboat ride - checked out frogs and waterbugs. The latter are mesmerizing to watch!

Okay, enough about bugs!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

I just finished sequencing all of Stand or Fall on my KORG workstation, for my band's gig on the 27th. Our drummer is going to play to a click track, so we can have the synth autoplay all the synths, bells, and sax that is heard on the album version. I get to play Jamie and Cy at the same time, fun times. My whole weekend was basically devoted to working on music, and having some brews. The song came out really well; it's about as close as I can get to a carbon copy of the original.

Sheez, it's late. I think I have a job or something to go to in the morning. These weekends are never long enough.

Thumbs up tenohtwo

Hope we all get to have a listen to our carbon copy of Cy and Jamie!

Very cool tenohtwo, I would love to hear it.

i would love to hear it too very cool sounds like everyone had a great holiday!!!! dee
    rocker

Cool! maybe I'll record a quick demo and upload it, before we play it live. The demo will have synth drums and bass, but you'll get a good idea of how it sounds. Covering The Fixx is sort-of 'sacred ground' for me, so I'm trying to get this cover version right.

I'd really like to do Calm Animals, but that one kills my singing voice! "FREE ON A SHRINKING PLA.....ACK...COUGH..AGGHHH."

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great Labor Day! I had a wonderful time with family and friends at the beach! The weather was absolutely beautiful, it only reached the mid 70's so it was perfect!