Thread: Financial Crisis Is Feeding My Paranoia

Financial Crisis Is Feeding My Paranoia

"We're leaving power soon. So let's create a financial crisis. No one's really going to lose money, and the U.S. Treasury will bail us out, anyway. It's a perfect plan. We'll blame the economic woes on President Obama, then take the helm back in four years."

My stomach is in Knots!

An acquaintance of mine has lost her job at Lehman Brothers, a neighbor of mine may be losing his position at the Star Ledger Newspaper and has a 4th baby on the way, my brother-in-law and family will be forced to claim bankruptcy at their small Ma and Pa furniture business. My dad foresees that his business ( tile and marble installations) will slow up or come to a halt. There is no end to this downward spiral! My sister is heading for a breakdown with the instability of her husband's business and insecurity of him ever getting and retaining a position. We are caught in a web! She wants to apply for WIC (Woman Infants and Children's) program but more than likely she would not be considered because they look at your gross salary and not what your net worth is or the fact that everything went up so high except for salaries! I know I've been there myself and the middle class gets screwed over. The mess that this country is in needs God as the co-pilot with our next President! Not so sure I can say I am proud to be an American on some days

well said rockerchic!! we are basically having the same problems in our family too my nephew and his wife just filed bankruptcy too!! i am still on comp. and get a check every two weeks and hubby just went back on overtime and he does not make good money unless he is on overtime and still we are behind on our bills right now! don't know if we will catch up either? what a mess!!! dee
    rocker

I've been broke my whole life

And money problems are nothing new. Eat and pray is all I can tell you; when you're born in the dirt, all you can reach for is the sky, so keep your head up and try to ride it out. Everything will work out, just not as soon as you'd like.

These are trying days- keep family close and stay sane.

never lose the joy in your heart, because no one can bring it back but you
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

I'm growing more of my own food and spices, and encourage others to do the same. Planting fruit trees shortly also. I highly encourage others with any small plot of land to do the same. Don't settle for grass and a lawnmower!
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Home foreclosures in the U.S. went over 1 million a few months back, today's news stated that the number is up to 1.53 million. I've read several articles - the mass movement of people to rental units that they can afford is stretching thin the nation's ability to cheaply house those put out of their homes. Going forward, the cost of rent will disproportionally outpace the ability of foreclosed individuals to afford that rent.

Put simply, we're about to cross a threshold where people will be out on the streets of America in larger numbers.

Watch for the tent cities to begin growing in the U.S. Oh, and another article states that pending foreclosures are often being delayed beyond the normal alloted period because banks are trying to churn them back out at a manageable pace, further delaying the inevitable and not properly driving market costs down where they should go to so that homes can become more affordable again.

Let me give another useful analogy to the U.S. economic situation. We're on a sinking ship at the moment. We're taking on 1,000 gallons of water an hour. We are successfully pumping out 100 gallons of water an hour. We have improved a bit though, and now we're pumping out 200 gallons per hour, and the news and media cheerleaders are applauding and talking about how great it is that we doubled production from 100 to 200 gallons per hour, up 100%! However, we're still taking on 800 gallons per hour, and still going to sink. That's what I see in the media right now - buffoons who cheer at small progress that is only slowing the collapse. This isn't simply my analogy - many like it are being voiced with great concern by economists around the country, especially those without political ties to the big two parties.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Thumbs up BEACHED MALE -You put that

so right! I laugh when I hear the media say we are on an upswing. Who is the "we" they are refering to? The rich keep getting richer. The poor and most of the time non-citizens get everything and us middle class working & busting our ass people continue to struggle.

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

the media

said this before, too

The media is not unbiased journalism. Your news, their perspective, is paid for by the story tellers and the puppet masters. You can take it lying down and let them spoonfeed their reports into your should be discerning minds. Or you can decide for yourself what the truth is by a little more investigation into every report.

Agreed, we're taking on too much water, too fast. Wondering how long before we can take the buckets & pumps ourselves and get the work done properly.

No, I don't have the answers, but I'm not going to accept the media's take on it either.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Yeah, latest from Syracuse is that our unemployment rate is now so bad that it's erased any progress made since the recession of 2003. I'm glad to have a job, even though it doesn't cover my expenses, and I'm consistently spending into my savings/retirement money. But hey, at least I'm in poor health and probably won't live till retirement (especially since the retirement age'll be 80 by the time I would have gotten there)! I pity all you people who are healthy!!!

Gotta get rid of these thoughts...I can feel the (emotional) depression creeping out of the pit of my stomach. Must hope that if worse comes to worse, whatever survival instincts I have will serve me well! And the same for others, but seeing what they're like, yikes...

I may be one of Cy's "sticking our heads in the sand" people, but since there's little to nothing I can do about what's going on politically (other than learn how to do as much as possible by myself with less, which I'm actually pretty good at, and continuing to send out my petitions and letters), I tend to try not to listen to it, and spend my time out of doors or playing mindless Internet games. That's why when Cy's going on and on about what's going on in the news and how it's controlling us, I keep telling him to turn it off and walk away (or, erm, yelling it out at his shows)! Just so you all understand my motivation Maybe I'm defeatist, but I see it as spending time with what's beautiful, while anything still is, and not giving people who want control over me what they want. Except the people who run Facebook. Then it's roll over time!!!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

water, water, everywhere...

Gas prices, economics, oil crises, the politics...

IMO, those are "manufactured" people problems.

I'm waiting, seriously, for the other shoe to drop. WATER.

There WILL be wars about it, big ones, and not all that far in the future!

The oceans are screaming, look at the Colorado River, the glaciers...most people in the world already do not have easy access to potable water.

My husband and step-daughter think I'm just being pesky about water wastefulness here at the house. I'm not kidding, a scary future's coming!

It's a very serious issue and we should all be doing whatever we can to conserve our finite resource--not much can survive without usable water.

*btw- some states have mandates that rain water is owned by the state, so catching and using your own water would be considered...illegal!

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Re: water, water, everywhere...

Originally posted by msmith1

*btw- some states have mandates that rain water is owned by the state, so catching and using your own water would be considered...illegal!

Kim
    Now what goofy states would those be? (so I can avoid them forever) and who would give any state that kind of power? insane.
    I am the winner in any event.

This is a related issue on water and what the government could do through legislation to over-control the water of the nation:

http://frontpage.americandaughter.com/?p=2306

Stories like that are always linked at a website I monitor for this sort of stuff: http://www.realityzone.com/un.html

BM
    I've been lurking...