Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: you never know????!!!

you never know????!!!

hi as some of you may know i have had some health issues recently, i fell at work in february and have herniated discs in my back and a tear also i broke my right wrist and reinjured the left wrist which i had my 4th surgery on in august well i went to my doctor for a routine check up and my blood pressure was 170/113 and my pulse was 91 not good so i was monitoring it at home until i went back last thursday they did a ekg and come to find out i had a heart attack sometime in august and didn't even know it? they sent me to a cardiologist downstairs and he told me to come in tomorrow for a eckocardiogram to see if there is any damage to my heart or blockage etc. i am 47 this is scary stuff!! up until my fall i was walking regularly and doing more then i am right now because of my back and wrists and i always try to eat well too i am sure i will be fine but just a warning to take care of yourself you just never know?? dee
    rocker

OMG Dee, that IS scary! It's a good thing you came through it, and that they found out about it so soon! I hope you won't need drastic treatment - you've been through enough! It has to be frustrating to do the right thing and still end up with heart trouble, but it's so genetic - do you have a lot of heart trouble in your family?

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

hey carrie my real dad had diabetes but not heart trouble as far as i know but i did have a couple aunts that had it? my mom is 80 and doing good so i am glad about that? her heart is laying sideways but the doc says that is okay? i am trying not to worry too much until all the tests are done that is not gonna help me either lol thanks for the kind words i will keep you posted my friend dee
    rocker

Oh my! I hope you are ok, you will be in my thoughts and I wish you the best of luck! I know what you are saying about taking good care of yourself, I was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes when I was 6 and my parents have been telling me to take really good care of myself so that I won't have to go through complications later on in life. My great grandpa just passed away in February, he was 83 and had Diabetes also, I remember him telling me to take care of my health because you never now what can happen. Take care Dee, I hope everything goes well!

Alicia

Dee:

What can I say?

I'll be thinking of you also.

Wishing you a good report........

John
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Good luck, Dee. Try to keep positive and take care of yourself.
    Lisa

thank-you all for the kind words i am thinking positive today but still scared of course i will let you know the results when i know! and bunny please take care of yourself also !! i am borderline diabetes also just have to have it checked every 6 months because dad had it! my brother jesse is borderline too so please take care dee
    rocker

HEART to HEART

Dee,
    Hoping all the best for you! Did you recall any symptoms? When my dad was having his heart attack, it was not the typical symptoms and he and the E.R. staff were fooled. He thought it was bursitis or one of the "itis" family as he was having pain in the shoulder. He was feeling more like he had a flu, but was very ash in color. Fortunately, he did get the medical attention he needed. Over 1 1/2 years later, he is back to work and his daily life. Some big positive changes that has happened was that he gave up smoking and has been watching his diet. He sees his cardiologist periodically for check ups and so far everything has been looking okay.
    Find yourself a good cardiologist and if you don't like what you hear, get a second opinion but don't drag your feet in doing so. Lots of luck. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

hi rockerchic no i didn't have any symptoms that i can recall? dr. platt my cardiologist asked me that after the ekg too? i have been getting alot of hot flashes especially during the night but i just thought that was from the darvocet i was taking after my last wrist surgery but it is from the high blood pressure? so glad your dad is doing good too! the eckocardiogram was painful yesterday i thought the tech was trying to dig out my heart?? lol but it is done and they will call me with the results they said it usually takes two weeks but only one week if they find something wrong? so now we just wait argggg!!! dr. platt is suppose to be one of the best cardiologists in buffalo so that's a good thing i will let you all know when i find out the results just gonna take it easy until then? thanks again for all your concern my friends dee
    rocker

Dee, so courageous of you to go through that painful test.

Hang in there. We're with you on this.
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

and thank-you shoeman!!!! not sore from it today so that's a good thing!! have a great night my friends!! dee
    rocker

back to the doc today for the results of my test!! will let you all know what he says?? dee
    rocker

I hope you hear positive news about your tests, I am keeping you in my thoughts!

Alicia

Fingers crossed!!!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

okay so i go see my primary doc and ask him if he got the results back from the ecko? he says no and says they are gonna call dr. platt's office downstairs to se if he can send them up if they are there? in the meantime he tells me my blood pressure and pulse are still too high pulse is up to 100 some days so he puts me on a betta blocker to go with my blood pressure pill every day now then he tells me he wants me to wear a holster monitor for 48 hours!! so i leave there and go downstairs to dr. platt to get the monitor they have none back right now ? so i have to go back monday after my thyroid scan and see if they have one back to put on me? so i come home and call the doc to see if he got my results from the ecko yet? the nurse says oh yes it is on his desk right now he will call you after he looks at it? 3 hours later i call back and the nurse says they don't have it and they were gonna look for itagain and call me back? no call so i am calling again today this is sad!!!! so anyways they are still checking on my heart and also my thyroid i have a underactive one but the doc says it can change to over active and screw up my blood pressure and pulse and everything what a mess tired of doctors this week gonna just have a good weekend and forget it all lol dee
    rocker

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast