Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Computer has crashed.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by buffalo-girl
    [B]hey rockerchic did you get your computer fixed yet? mine is still at the geek sqaud they told me last saturday it would be done in 3-4 days so i get a call from mike there yesterday and he tells me that they found 55 viruses in my computer and the only way they can fix it is if they reformat the whole computer sysytem?

Mine too is at the computer doctor... for 139.00 flat rate ..same thing.. has to be reformated.. the only good thing is that I had it for 4 days and did not have anything personal on it yet....I accidently downloaded some bogus anti virus spyware... GRRRR.. I know better... but was just not thinking... Foot to bum area... so I am now on my friends computer .. dial up.. really teaching me all about patience...LOL!!!

oh so sorry jeanne that is a bummer!!! i hope you get it back soon and running well too!! yes all together mine cost me 151.00 at the geek squad!! pretty sad but now i bought a new kapersky anti-virus disc for 2009 and it scans every day so i don't go thru that again hopefully lol good luck jeanne!! dee
    music junkie!!

Well, add me to the list of computer casualties...mine suddenly went belly-up last night. Dan's thinking the power supply or one of the boards failed. Yeah, not good. It's a computer my brother built for me a little over a year ago, and though it has lots of pretty lights and the latest software, it's given me a lot of trouble. I'm borrowing Dan's laptop for now...thank God he came to my rescue. The whole experience has shown me how much I've come to depend on computers for my social life. I suppose that's not good, but with friends so far-flung, it's hard to avoid!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

hi carrie so sorry about your computer? i hope you get it up and running soon? i know what you are going thru that's for sure!!! so glad dan lent you his laptop to use give him a hug from me cause we would miss you here for sure!! good luck with your computer my friend!! dee
    music junkie!!

'Bye for a while...

Well, things have gone from bad to worse here in Carrie-land. I borrowed Dan's laptop for a short time, and then a spare desktop computer he had, and now THAT's nearly dead too. I'm guessing it didn't have good enough anti-virus protection and I stumbled onto a nasty one on Facebook.

I really didn't need this right now financially, but I need to do what I need to do to get at least one of them fixed, because I'm going crazy without a working computer! It's going to take time, though...who knows how long.

So, this is goodbye for a little while...maybe it's life's way of telling me I need to get out, need more sleep (!), or just that the world needs a break from me. I'm just sad I can't interact with friends, and worried that when any news of Fixx or Cy events happen, I'll miss hearing about them. Ugh. There's so much I'd like to catch up with here on the board already, but I only have so much time, and have to move on to other sites.

So, I'll miss you all...enjoy the break! C

hey carrie we will miss you here i hope all works out with your computer? hope to talk with you soon! take care my friend!! dee
    music junkie!!

Question I'm baaaack? Maybe?

Hey all, taking some tentative steps here...got some anti-virus software and installed it last night. It took FOREVER and didn't look to me like it was going through all the steps it said it would, but I'm back on the 'Net tonight with only a few hiccups. Here's hoping my problems are solved, though I can't believe it was that simple...I was thinking there'd be permanent damage that would be costly and time-consuming to fixx!

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    yay Carrie

and just in time for the big worm that's supposed to reap havoc on April 1st.

Everyone make sure your anti-virus software is running properly.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

hi carrie so glad you are up and running again very cool!! and thanks cary for the reminder for the 1st. maybe i will just sleep in tomorrow and not go on the computer ? yeah right but my spyware is running great so i should be okay? evryone beware tomorrow!! dee
    music junkie!!

I'm the next to report a PC problem.

And looks like this will take a while, but I can obtain access through other means, so I'll stay in touch. I like to read the board on a daily basis, but now it will be once or twice a week TFN.

I'm not gonna sweat it....
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Hope you can get back up and running soon! At least the Fixx show reports are mostly in until August, and people may not be chatting as much in the busy-ness of summer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12