Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuart!!!

Stuart!!!

I just wanted to publicly say to Stuart: -

"Keep up the good work, you should be rightly proud of your achievement so far!!"
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

Okay Wilkie - do share?

My daughter and Stuart's are penfreinds but we haven't heard from them since Stuart's mom passed so do spill some good news that you apparently know? Thanks! - Sherri

Re: Okay Wilkie - do share?

Originally posted by rockerchic
    My daughter and Stuart's are penfreinds but we haven't heard from them since Stuart's mom passed so do spill some good news that you apparently know? Thanks! - Sherri
    I'll let Stuart tell the story himself, if he wants to
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

Glad good things are happening for you along with the bad!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    okay okay okay........

For years, I've had a weight problem, always been fairly active, had to be with 4 kiddies and several jobs.
    Like many people with similar weight issues, I struggled with yo yo diets, losing 2 stone and gaining 3 in return. (do you use stone as a weight in the states or is it pounds?) (anyway a UK stone is 14 pounds).

After exhausting most avenues, I was actually thinking along the surgery lines and was quite close to booking an appointment, I'd actually gone for the cursory health check when things changed.....

I weighed on January 7th 2008 at 24 stone 4 pounds which is 340 pounds and the heaviest I'd ever been and needless to say, the most miserable and unhappiest ever.

It was only my family and music from a certain band that was keeping me going. Anyway, the practice nurse who was taking my health check, measured blood pressure - ok, cholesterol - ok, diabetes - not present, waist 58 inches - chest 56 inches and so on so forth.

We got talking and she asked if I'd tried going to a place called Slimming World, where the ethos is not starvation, but rather teaches you about healthy eating and how to cook from scratch using alternative ingredients to make all you favourite meals but making them virtually fat free.

Well, just one year on - last week, January 7th 2009, I've lost 7 stone and 1 pound or 101 pounds. For the first time in my life, my weight is under control, I have another 3 stone or 42 pounds to go until I get to my target weight but know that I'll do this by January 7th 2010.

I am now able to walk miles and miles, I cycle daily, play football and run, I can beat my children from a standing start up hill - so much so that they are now eating the way I do.

I've got pics and just trying to remember how to upload them.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

January 7th 2008

24 stone 4 pounds
    Attached Images Attached Images  

January 7th 2009

3 stone to go but within sight of the winning post

Congratulations Stuart!

You look fantastic! Great job!

Photo from local press - the lady with me - Amanda, joined the group on the same day that I did and has lost 6 stone.

Hope you like the advertising......

Thanks Sherrie - I'm at the point of planning at the moment - either to get on one of the Love Hope Strength fundraising treks or something similar to raise funds for both cancer research and autism charities, both very close to my heart.
    My father in law and his dad both passed away from Bowel Cancer, my best friend underwent major surgery last year for the same condition and is doing well, my mum passed away from cancer of the oesophagus last September, and of course, as many of you know, both my sons have autism, so a double header is on the cards.

Way to go, Stuart!!!
    Lisa

waist 58 inches
    chest 56 inches

http://www.slimmingworld.com/

Now that reads - waist 38 inches
    chest 46 inches

http://www.slimmingworld.com/

Thumbs up Great Advertisement and Great Shirt!

Stuart, I will stand behind you ( and I guess I can't say in your shadow as I probably would be larger than you now!) in any of those charities! As you already knew that I do the Love,Hope, Strength local walkathon because of my grandmothers had cancer (one a survivor) the other it claimed her life. Just recently, Kevin's dad had his gallbladder removed and the doctors found cancer. 95 percent in the gall bladder but the other 5 % in surrounding areas. On January 22nd, he will have surgery to remove the areas, then followed by chemo and radiation. He will be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks. You know Love,Hope, Strength will always have my support!
    Autism well I have not had any direct experience other than working with these children when I was a teacher's assistant in my college years. Beautiful children that touched my heart deeply. I would be happy to help if you choose to do that as well!
    My latest mission and forgive me for going a little off topic is ALS - Amyolateral Sclerosis or commonly known as Lou Gherig's Disease. My friend Richard Sean Horling is about 38 years old and has been told he has this. It is a death sentence because there is no cure and he will die from the complications of all systems being weakened! Initially doctors thought his leg weakness was because he is a bit overweight but upon further testing, like 2 years after his initial symptoms, he has offically been diagnosed. Rich is a father of a 2 year old and has a second child that will be born this June. I have spent time with Rich over the holidays and sadly I don't know if he will be able to hold the baby by June or may even be here. I urge anyone and everyone ever experiencing fatigued/weakening muscles to not ignore or just assume it is from obesity because sometimes it is not!
    I have a passion for people and for life and hope and wish everyone great health! It is sad when there are diseases with still no answers or cures in site.

Keep up the great work Stuart, and enjoy your new-found energy!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

I applaud you Stuart, GREAT work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast