Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for The Fixx Live in the USA (Phantoms Tour) from 1984

Looking for The Fixx Live in the USA (Phantoms Tour) from 1984

Hello just a post to see if anyone knows of where a copy can be obtained of "The Fixx - Live in the Usa" it was filmed live in St. Petersburg, Florida during the Phantoms Tour. I am sure there may be some other fans that would be interested in seeing this concert footage. It is the original line up with Dan K. Brown on bass. A very animated Cy Curnin. Jamie, Adam, and Rupert looking really good and just as energetic as Cy. A treat was to hear "Wish" live with Jamie assisting with vocals. The setlist was: Privilege, Questions, Less Cities - More Moving People, Are We Ourselves?, In Suspense, Wish, Saved By Zero, Lost in Battle Overseas, Deeper & Deeper, Red Skies, One Thing Leads to Another

I loved "In Suspense" so many great live rarities (or at least to me)

Fellow Fixx Fan Brad from the board was kind enough to loan me his video. Attempts were made to make a personal homecopy but could not be due to copyrights. Anyone else interested in viewing the video contact Brad and arrangements can be made to borrow it until we can find where we can get more! Please if anyone knows where or how we can get more let us know? Thanks!
    P.S. - I think we need more recent footage of live performances. I think many fans would love to purchase for their collections!

I happen to have video from a TV Broadcast of what I believe is this show. As long as its okay I'd be willing to help those who don't have it out.

Shawn
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hehe, love the cover pic of Cy lying down...I've only seen him do that once, and it was during a soundcheck! Looking forward to viewing this, since we've made arrangements to send it along!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Thumbs up YES Indeed

Hello Jetrell69 Yes that is the video! However your cover is far more detailed than that of the one I currently have but it is certainly the tape! Doubt you'll be able to copy it as that was attempted but if you know a way it can be done than let me know the cost and I'll forward what you need? Thanks so much for the quick response!

Carrie, the weekend went by and I was busy so I am viewing the video one last time. I will ship it out to you on Wednesday so hopefully you will get it by the weekend so you can enjoy

BradLuke0 thanks for sharing your video with us! Tried to spot you in the audience but no luck!

Anyone here recognize themselves in the video by chance? Lots of BIG 80's hairdos and clothing! It brought memories back ( in fact I still have some of those clothes tucked away in my closet! )

Hi all ! I would sure love to have a dvd of this concert . Everytime I play it I pray the vhs player doesnt eat the tape ! What really is funny is I didnt know this tape existed until a year ago or so , to have attended this show is really kinda freaky . Anyway, I hope we can keep passing this along to all who is interested in watching it ....glad you enjoyed it , Sherri ! Carrie , I hope you enjoy as much as I did . I remember walking out of this show thinking to myself ..... these guys kick a#@ ( ya think ? ) have a great week all .........brad

I wanna have the DVD!!!
    Where the hell I can find it?
    "Remember me when I'm gone
    Remember my breathing
    Remember my eyes
    Remember my wings
    Remember my swan song
    Remember me when I'm gone
    I would have loved to die in your arms"

- Cy Curnin, "Remember Me When I'm Gone"

I had recorded my VHS (purchased, not TV-recorded) to DVD a couple of years back, I thought I had mentioned that previously...

Anyway, yes, I have it, on DVD (obviously not completely DVD quality, but good enough to watch and enjoy).

If the band is ok with making copies to distribute to forum members, then I'm good with that -- I just wouldn't be able to pay postage to send them out...
    "Out there, there must be aliens
    Who donít believe in aliens
    Somewhere. Believe"
    -Cy Curnin, "We Might Find It" (The Returning Sun)

Another option would be to convert the video to DIVX format, where it could be shared by Fixxtures worldwide...

Again, legalities would have to be covered! Don't want to step on anyone's toes!!
    Somewhere. Believe"

Wow that would be interesting to see again. I think I watched this a couple hundred times back in... 1989 or 1990 maybe? I finally bought it, but then got rid of it for some reason. It was great though- those pictures bring it all back.

Re: YES Indeed

Originally posted by rockerchic
    Hello Jetrell69 Yes that is the video! However your cover is far more detailed than that of the one I currently have but it is certainly the tape! Doubt you'll be able to copy it as that was attempted but if you know a way it can be done than let me know the cost and I'll forward what you need? Thanks so much for the quick response!

Carrie, the weekend went by and I was busy so I am viewing the video one last time. I will ship it out to you on Wednesday so hopefully you will get it by the weekend so you can enjoy

BradLuke0 thanks for sharing your video with us! Tried to spot you in the audience but no luck!

Anyone here recognize themselves in the video by chance? Lots of BIG 80's hairdos and clothing! It brought memories back ( in fact I still have some of those clothes tucked away in my closet! )
    What I have is a DVD archive of the show....it can be transferred easily and sent out as long as there are not "outside" issues of course.

I'd love to see this show, if someone is making copies. I'd be glad to cover materials/shipping cost, and hopefully could find something fun to trade in return!

Best,
    jeff / marathon

here's the original VHS cover-

I had to custom order this before the internet days. And it took forever to obtain- and i think i paid like 30 bucks for it back in 85...
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

back pt II

the back... and oh on the side it says MCA Home Video. VHS HIFI Stereo, (VHS # 80184)
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Hey Diamond, I was in the same boat as you -- I mail-ordered from a magazine, and it was backordered for 6 months before I got my copy!!
    Somewhere. Believe"

Just to update - I got the video from Sherri on Friday, and hope to watch it this week or next weekend. I'll send it back to Brad unless someone else makes arrangements with him to get it next; in that case, I'll send it to that person.
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast