Thread: Fixx Music Featured In "cold Case"

Fixx Music Featured In "cold Case"

January 11th's episode of COLD CASE is set to include TWO songs from The FIXX
    "One Thing Leads To Another" and "Red Skies"

Cold Case airs Sunday at 8pm EST/PST on CBS

SWEET!

I've drifted away from that show and don't watch it anymore, but thanks for the heads up so I can definitely tune in (or at least set the DVR) this week.

"... the nighttime falls around our bed, in peace we sleep entwined, and your love flows through me, though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you..."

I've GOT to try and remember to watch! I don't catch the show regularly, but it's always been good when I have. Their using those songs intrigues me about the case...one whose crime was committed in the 80's, perhaps? Can't wait!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Any idea of what series is currently showing and the episode title, we're pretty much up to date here and have series 1 and 2 bith screening here at the moment. Maybe someone could let me know once it's aired.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Got this info from tv.com...

Cold Case is in its 6th season, and the episode airing in the U.S. on 1/11/09 is episode #124 titled "Breaking News".

Overview: The team re-investigates the 1988 murder of a young TV reporter. Previously unseen news footage suggests she was on the verge of breaking a huge story about the unethical practices of a plastics company.

Does that help?
    "... the nighttime falls around our bed, in peace we sleep entwined, and your love flows through me, though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you..."

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Yes indeed, thanks a lot for that, we're further behind than I realised but will be looking out for this when it screens here.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

It was great to hear their songs featured!

Not only was it great to hear the Fixx (and for nice long stretches), but a lot of other good songs featured as well! I loved hearing all the mentions of Syracuse University, too...my home city and the Fixx featuring in the same episode, what could be better? I'm also glad the Fixx didn't turn out to be the murderer/victim's favorite band, or feature in the murder scene, 'cause that could have given people the creeps when they hear them (although, Red Skies IS a creepy song, and could be great for that)!

It was cool how they kept flashing back to what the characters looked like 20 years ago while keeping the scene in the present time. I can't remember whether the show always does this, but it's a nice touch.

Didn't hear "One Thing Leads To Another," because I had to step away for a few moments.

But I did catch "Red Skies," and not only did it sound great; but it also made a nice impact on the drama and suspense of the moment in the show.

Noticed they also played Tears For Fears' "Shout" on this episode.

This was my first time to watch "Cold Case."

Pretty cool.......
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Yeah this was fabulous to see/hear! Although the story was supposed to take place in 1988, and the Fixx songs played were clearly from before that!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

I thought of that too, but they may have still been somewhat popular, and probably only Fixx fans would notice the discrepancy!

It seems like it happens alot on that show....the songs don't necessarily come from that year, but that "era". Good show though!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"