Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Tour dates

Originally posted by Xaqtly
    I just learned that Tears for Fears appears to be on the same tour that The Fixx and The Alarm have been on for the last couple years.
    Wow. As much as I prefer seeing the Fixx on their own, yeah, if I had to see them with other bands, I'd pretty much be over the moon if it were with TFF. TFF had a date in Syracuse years ago that was "cancelled for lack of interest" (people in this town have NO taste), so I'd love another crack at attending their show! I was totally disappointed that ABC didn't end up on Rockin' the Colonies in '07, though if they had, Cy would have never gotten involved with LHS, which I know means a lot to him.

Something tells me we'd be hearing about it if the Fixx were involved this year, though I could be wrong...tour announcements have been on pretty short notice before.

So, crossing my fingers here!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

wow that would be so cool love the fixx and TFF i hope they come here??? i have not heard anything about them coming to buffalo as of yet though???!!! dee
    music junkie!!

Not to deviate from the orignal post, but here are the confirmed TFF dates (so far):

July 10: Chateau Ste. Michelle, Woodinville, WA
    July 11: Oregon Zoo Amphitheater, Portland, OR
    July 14: Wells Fargo Center, Santa Rosa, CA
    July 15: The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
    July 17: Pacific Amphitheatre, Costa Mesa, CA
    July 18: Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa, Henderson, NV (21+)
    July 20: Humphrey's, San Diego, CA

July 10: Chateau Ste. Michelle, Woodinville, WA

That would be a ROCKING show... I will have to let Jeanne know about that one.

She has told me about the Chateau Ste. Michelle winery, having grown up just blocks away from there ... and has often said she wished the Fixx would play there... apparently it is a fantastic location.

I guess not enough info yet, but I hope I hope I hope that TFF is on the Rockin' the Colonies tour and that The Fixx and The Alarm will both be on it as well. That... would rule.

In any case, not to keep dragging it off topic, but I will be at the Green Valley Ranch TFF show for sure. I'm just hoping The Fixx will also be there.
    Fixxated

With her senses sharpened by the warning cold
    She brings me to memory

Las Vegas ...all 54 years of the life so far
    GVR concert info @ www.greenvalleyranch.com ...seems TFF is the headliner for July 19th ...so far no mention of "THE FIXX" , im not to familar with TFF cept back in the days the few hits that were played on the radio. i just cant imagine "THE FIXX" not being the headliner.( just my opinion, which means nuthin') its an outdoor venue too @ GVR called the Playground. Tickets are 49 dollars plus taxes, general admission (21 only) . It also shows Skynyrd for sept. 19th, tickets for that show are 59 dollars , GA (21only) others on summer list too ... i hope to try to be there to see "THE FIXX", but it will be very hot, 110 plus on july 18th , even when the sun goes down . usually in July we never get under 100 degrees even in the am hours. plus its not lookin good , trying to convince my better half, of 100 bucks to get in for the 2 of us. i just pray that jackfm & "THE FIXX" has something up there sleaves for nov. again ...not nesessaryly lookin' for free show ...just indoors, nice in nov in vegas too. although my son has been to this outdoor venue , he says its very cool set up, so im sure the younger Fixxtures will love this venue, hot or not... this will be my 53rd summer in vegas , not lookin forward to it... anyway ... just thought id share what ive learned.
    hope everyone has great weekend, God bless... (burned out in vegas)
    gregory
    Last edited by fixxgregory; 03-28-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    gregory

Las Vegas ...all 54 years of the life so far
    GVR concert info @ www.greenvalleyranch.com ...seems TFF is the headliner for July 18th ...so far no mention of "THE FIXX" , im not to familar with TFF cept back in the days the few hits that were played on the radio. i just cant imagine "THE FIXX" not being the headliner.( just my opinion, which means nuthin') its an outdoor venue too @ GVR called the Playground. Tickets are 49 dollars plus taxes, general admission (21 only) . It also shows Skynyrd for sept. 19th, tickets for that show are 59 dollars , GA (21only) others on summer list too ... i hope to try to be there to see "THE FIXX", but it will be very hot, 110 plus on july 18th , even when the sun goes down . usually in July we never get under 100 degrees even in the am hours. plus its not lookin good , trying to convince my better half, of 100 bucks to get in for the 2 of us. i just pray that jackfm & "THE FIXX" has something up there sleaves for nov. again ...not nesessaryly lookin' for free show ...just indoors, nice in nov in vegas too. although my son has been to this outdoor venue , he says its very cool set up, so im sure the younger Fixxtures will love this venue, hot or not... this will be my 53rd summer in vegas , not lookin forward to it... anyway ... just thought id share what ive learned.
    hope everyone has great weekend, God bless... (burned out in vegas)
    gregory
    gregory

I am not aware of any "Rockin' the Colonies" tour happening this year. The only thing remotely similar is the "Regeneration Tour" that's going out with ABC, Wang Chung, Cutting Crew, Berlin and Heaven 17. You can just google Regeneration Tour for the dates. No Fixx on that either. As far as I can tell, the TFF tour is a solo deal, not a package.
    Lisa

I'm not sure if the payday solo is better with with the RTColonies tour,
    but they've done this for 2 summers now. If you wanna be on a multi-bill slot- go out on the road with u2 then- that new stage is insane!

And if i had to pick, i think i'd like to be selfish and see the FIXX allllll by themselves.

I don't wanna hear other bands cutting into our FIXX time. And when you do these multiple bandgasms, you get the grtst hits and a new one song thrown in there. I'd sacrifice hearing OTLTA for a brand new one... but the masses would cry- the masses win....

Memory lane is for bands that have nothing new to offer- the FIXX is gonna have lots to share with a crop load of newbies hitting our ears sometime very soon (we pray!)

So i'd gladly nod the solo tour over the packaged specials with a coupon tours...

I hope we are treated to both- they deserve a great crowd and some great pay for it too!

*Nice Job Rupe and Nick on that New girl's EP- sounds great-
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Diamond reminded me of when the Fixx played Celeb Theatre in 2002, headlining a show that featured openers The Outfield and The Smithereens. This was one of my least favorite Fixx shows, as the openers came out firing, and really had the crowd going. The Fixx came out, and opened with Touch (pre-Want That Life), and one other from WTL (can't remember), and they basically lost the crowd before recovering with One Thing. The rest of the set was basically all the singles, standard Fixx set and encore, but it was one of their less memorable shows. I think the energy of The Outfield and The Smithereens made their set seem like a bit of a comedown.

I'm generally fine with bands opening concerts with new songs to support an album (Calm Animals, for example), but the Celeb show was advertised locally as an 80's nostalgia fest. I appreciate The Fixx sticking to their guns and promoting new material (Zoo Brew being another example), but the type of crowd that was at Celeb and the Zoo were there for the hits. I'm not saying the band should've catered to the masses, not at all, but when they get booked into '80's fests' or the like, it's a different crowd they're playing for. The Zoo Brew was a lot of people there for the beer tasting, and oh look, some band called the English Beat and that "One Thing" band is playing.

I guess my long-winded point is that The Fixx should avoid the nostalgia tours. Playing with TFF is a nice double-bill for a lot of us, but you know how the local media is going to promote that one. It matters because The Fixx are more than just an 80's band.

Nicely put 1002.

Hi all ! yup , very nicely put 1002............have a great week all , brad

I sure hope they play in the Phoenix area . . . . I want to stand in 1002's spot. . . . . .

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

We'll just see about THAT! Of course, I might be in Santa Cruz in June..so just save me a spot up front. :-P

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    anyone else see a 'spicious post on Twitter about anything? Anyone, anyone...

What da biscuit?

Last edited by Cary C-Troll; 04-04-2009 at 09:42 AM.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast