Thread: Ask the Band

Ask the Band

Iíve been tossing around an idea for a new forum. It would be called ďAsk the Band.Ē The forum would be closed to everyone except the moderators, the Fixx, and those who work closely with them. Questions would be submitted to the moderators, who would determine which ones are appropriate. The Fixx would then decide which questions they would like to answer. The answers would be posted to ďAsk the BandĒ by the moderators or those with the band. I suppose it would help us if the moderators told us what was appropriate so that no oneís time was wasted.

As a longtime member of this message board, I like this idea because there are times when questions are posted, but never answered. And sometimes, IMO, albeit rarely, inappropriate questions are posted as well. The forum would be a place for fans and the general public to learn more about the Fixx, information that might not be obtained anywhere else.

Iím not sure how well this would work, if there would too many or too few questions coming in. Perhaps, it would require too much time for those involved. Itís just an idea of mine, and I thought it would be good to share it with you.

Hi Dejapete:

Your thoughts here are well given and I like the considerate way in which you present them. I think you have hit on something that many of us would enjoy. And this would surely enhance fan appreciation here.

At this time, though, I would predict that this would not be done.

But I'd like to be wrong about that.......

John
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Hi guys ! I think this is a great idea.....maybe you (we ? ) could sell it ? brad

I agree that it is a very good idea to centralize questions in one place, if only so that they won't be lost in the shuffle.

It goes without saying that I would be happy to pass along any substantive question for Cy that was posted here. By substantive I mean, not too personal, basically. Otherwise, if I think a question is over the top, I'll tell you. I should mention that in the past I have solicited questions for Cy for his podcast. I think I got two questions.

Unfortunately, it's a bit trickier to get answers from the rest of the band. I suppose between Ed and myself we could get responses. The guys are quite busy and not as technologically accessible all the time, so answers may take a little while.
    Lisa

Ask Cy...

Why did he not sing in French on this last CD? it just seemed like the natural next step, and didn't he once mention singing in French for us sometime in the future? Or am I wishful thinking?
    I am the winner in any event.

I can respond to this in part because Cy and I discussed it. Nick may be able to address it from the producer's end.

As I understand it, they didn't really work with the CD that "Solar Minimum" came together to be. I mean, up until about a month before the final listing there was going to be a French track, but they cut it in favor of another one.

One of the likely projects we are discussing is consolidating the songs into a French language EP. Coolness. Will keep you posted.

Oh, a while back there was a question about why/how some songs become Cy Curnin songs rather than Fixx songs. I got an answer to that one video recently. Will post it soon on Cy's website and his Facebook fan page...
    Lisa

Thanks for the answers!
    I am the winner in any event.

Originally posted by musegirl
    ...up until about a month before the final listing there was going to be a French track, but they cut it in favor of another one....
    Sounds like the makings of the next 99 cent download, oui?
    BM
    I've been lurking...

I remember he said he had some French songs based on his mother's poetry in the pipeline; I'd love to hear those. I really need to learn some more French, though.

Funny story - when I went to Paris in 1990, I learned just enough for the basics. I was in a store and the saleslady said something to me. I told her (in French) that I don't speak French. She and another guy in the store both laughed warmly and blurted out in English, "yes you do, you just did"! So yeah, I get tiffed at Americans who say French people are mean. Haven't they walked into stores here lately and been treated like crap by their own countrymen? Seems like whenever Cy's here, he's a victim of yet another customer service nightmare.
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

yeah, more 99 cent downloads! those are always good to hold us over....even some fixx ones could be cool someday too....

serve em up-
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

"yeah, more 99 cent downloads! those are always good to hold us over....even some fixx ones could be cool someday too....

serve em up-"

Ditto.
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Originally posted by Diamond05
    yeah, more 99 cent downloads! those are always good to hold us over....even some fixx ones could be cool someday too....

serve em up-
    Hear, hear!

No, really -- I want to hear some...

Phil.
    "Out there, there must be aliens
    Who donít believe in aliens
    Somewhere. Believe"
    -Cy Curnin, "We Might Find It" (The Returning Sun)

DUTCH / EUROPEAN GIG?

Hey Fixx guys!

When will you play again in the Netherlands? We are still waiting for you!

Btw, in the Netherlands I would be happay to be the support act with my funky band Crocodile Smile.

Please check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqMGX155_Uk

We could play a very swinging funky set before the main act: the FIXX!

Maybe... someday?

Take care and keep in touch,

Guido
    Crocodile Smile
    Attached Images Attached Images  

She and another guy in the store both laughed warmly and blurted out in English, "yes you do, you just did"! So yeah, I get tiffed at Americans who say French people are mean. Haven't they walked into stores here lately and been treated like crap by their own countrymen? Seems like whenever Cy's here, he's a victim of yet another customer service nightmare.
    We offer up to date Testking itil v3 exam practice questions with self paced test engine to help you pass Testking cissp training exam and complete your ccent course ciis.edu you should also find.