Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Order Cy's New CD - A Special Offer

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Hi Carrie! Thanx for inviting me to Fixx Nation as Brad is calling it. I've been checking out different threads- this is cool. C-Troll

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

My order is IN! And I took this opportunity to purchase a couple more MP3's to download as well.

Any of you Fixx fans who haven't purchased The Returning Sun yet, do it! You're missing out on some great music.

I'm hoping that Cy makes a stop here in the Northwest on his tour.

Cheers,

I'm missing the extra Cy MP3's that are on my broken computer...dummy me was going to wait until more came out to burn them to CD. DOH! If I can't get them off my old computer (or get too impatient to wait till it's fixed), I'll have to buy at least some of them again (I think the earlier ones came with two chances to download). I'm sure Cy won't mind at all if I do
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Thumbs up

i'm in......
    come on may 5th..................
    gee-bee

Tomorrow (at least tomorrow from here) is the last day to pre-order. I know I'm not the only one jumping up and down

-Weird Science

Now extended until a week from today (March 23rd)!

I am happy they extended to the 23rd. I just ordered 2 more packages for my daughters. I am going to make memory boxes for them. They got the opprotunity to meet the Fixx in Las Vegas last November. I thought this would be a cool gift for them to remind them of this event.

Really cool idea, Edelweiss-very!

-Weird Science

I'm going to have to steal this idea...You get all the credit! Cy, too.

-Weird Science

Thanks Cary. It was a very special moment for us. Even though I have been a fan of the Fixx since the 80's, and they are fans now. This was the first time we both got to meet them.

We got Cy's Returning Sun and we listen to it everyday. My daughter love singing Remember me when I'm gone.

A copy has been ordered for southern England, too
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

I've got Dan almost convinced to jump in, too, so we can put our names together I'm waiting on responding to the e-mail until I know whether or not it's going to happen!

Are there any news? Is everything going well with Cy's new record and can we expect to hold it in our hands soon?
    I guess Lisa is the only person who can help...

Lots of moving parts all converging.

Shipping materials have arrived. Cy has completed the autographs, which are on their way to me by mail and I hope to see early next week. T-shirts and CDs are being manufactured as we speak and I'm hoping they will be here by the end of next week. I am endeavoring to ship out everything within 48 hours of having the items, all in one package. We'll see. I will be sending out a bulk email to all of the CD sponsors when all of the CDs have been mailed out, just to let everyone know they are on their way.

I think everybody will dig the CD packaging and how the names came out. Ed did a great job and put up with all of my nonsense...which makes him Saint Ed, really.

I may put up a pre-order just for CD purchases on cycurnin.com in the next week. Rest assured that sponsor packages will ship out first.

Our release date is the "week of the 25th." This is rather unorthodox, as most folks set a specific date many, many months in advance, print their CDs ages beforehand and coordinate everything to hit the stores and the web at once, along with media, etc.. Wusses. Anybody can do that with a huge lead time. Here at cycurnin.com we live on the edge. You get the music fresh off the board, practically.

The CD was finished around April 17th in the UK and sent to the US for mastering. The lyrics were transcribed and one song was chosen for the lyric sheet that Cy would autograph (couldn't fit them all on one sheet and have room for an autograph so the full lyrics will be available on cycurnin.com.) It took about a week to complete the mastering, but right before it began, the set order changed. So, the artwork needed to be adjusted. This was going on while the master was being checked. Around this time Cy announced that he had begun writing songs for the next record. (Oh yes, he has!) We finally went into manufacturing on May 7th. Yay. You have no idea. Yay.

The CD has also been submitted to the digital services, but they will be putting it up in their own sweet time. This is what happens when you are an indie. By the way, there ended up being 12ish tracks. I say that because we have one track that is just a short nugget of music. It will not appear on the digital services versions of the CD. So, it's kind of a special thing to have it on the physical CD. That little track, by the way, is called "Solar Minimum." ;-)

I hope that everybody enjoys this CD. I am in the process of trying to write about it for various things and it's daunting to nail it down with labels. If you know Cy at all, then I will say that this is truly him. It's unpredictable and creative and disarmingly honest. It's cool and devastating and experimental. It reflects the serious times we are living in. It has moments of beauty and as well as offbeat moments. It reflects an artist who is not content to repeat what he has done before. Nick has also done a wonderful job with the engineering of the music -- it sounds pretty amazing.

Hope that was newsy enough for Heimo and anyone else who is curious. I shall close by mentioning that we have a lot of irons in the fire right now and are excited about some possible things coming down the pike. Fingers are crossed.
    Lisa

Thanks Lisa
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast