Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fairfax, VA show

JustLinda is the other Linda on here- she was at the Fairfax concert as well...

The show was great, so glad we made the trip. (even though we were late, ugh... my fault!... and traffic... gotta blame the traffic too!)
    Anyway, band sounded great. Had a great time with the band and all the fixxtures during and after the show into the wee hours!
    Thanks to Scott and all the guys!
    Hope to see you all again soon!!!
    ~Shelley

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Hey Shelley-

forever grateful to you, Mark, Linda and Scott as well. Can't say it enough.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Hey Cary!
    Great meeting you guys! Not a problem at all, the more the merrier, right? Hope you had a great time at your first show and I'm sure we'll be seeing you again. Keep in touch!
    ~Shelley

Wish I could have been there.
    I used to work at a Luskin's store in Fairfax, VA. Luskin's was similar to Circuit City and Best Buy but was one of the original electronics stores in America. Didn't last long -- I was only in the area temporarily while in one of life's transition periods.

However, I do remember this, and memories like this sometimes hit me... at that time (1989) I was walking around the "mall" in D.C. and overheard some college kids talking about going to see The Fixx recently there. The band had apparently just passed through and I kicked myself for not checking up on concert dates.

While working at Luskin's, I can still remember "Driven Out" coming over the local radio station and hearing it demo over different systems/speakers as it was going, was kinda cool to know my favorite band was appropriate for a stereo system demo.

"Remember the good ole 1980s...when things were so uncomplicated...I wish I could go back there again...and everything, could be the same" Electric Light Orchestra, "Ticket to the Moon."
    BM
    I've been lurking...

DelMarVA (Eastern Shore of MD...1/2 hr from Ocean)
    I used to work at the climbing wall at Galyans (now Dicks) store right around the corner from the show, which was very good, albeit a bit too loud and sunny.

I was the quiet fellow in the front row next to my 13.9273 yo son who complained the whole time. It was a struggle to get him to stay through the whole set (and encore).

I saw a great HS friend whom I had not seen in years and a good musak buddy, who also caught the great LDE show (stage behind the main one) and a great set from HeLO (stage by carnival). HS friend was yelling for RTB, but had moved back away from sound and sun.

Summer concert plans: The Church either in Pitt or Falls Church or Annapolis at end of June, before treking up to the Cy solo show in Jersey. Anyone else I ought to see/hear?

Norman

Thanks for coming out...

For those of you who were here, I hope you had a great time at the show two weeks ago. We hope to see you again in the future!

Fest Director-
    Had a great time at the Fixx show there. Looking forward to it again next year? (fingers crossed)
    Norman -
    I'll be at the Church concert in Pittsburgh on the 27th!
    Thanks all!
    ~Shelley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12