Thread: So who IS going to Santa Cruz?

So who IS going to Santa Cruz?

Hi All !

So, who is really going to Santa Cruz? I've got many PM's, calls, and emails from people either going or "on the fence". I know Wingtip, Heimo (from Germany!), Pippi, Steve P. and crew, and the 100 or so people I told from other shows I've done in the past weeks will be there. I also invited the main acts from those other shows, including Eddie Money, Michael Schenker, George Thorogood, RICK SPRINGFIELD, members of Y&T, among other local bands I work with.

BUT, in the interests of pre and post show gatherings, I'd like to know who to look for next Friday night. Also, since we anticipate the biggest merchandise selling show, I'll be looking for major help to set up and sell the merch, along with line control and speedy movement of the sales line. Last time we had a long line that looked like it went right into the ocean! I hope Cygnet and Rob are coming (?) as well.

So, if you could reply to this post and state if you'll be there, we then can seek you out on Friday. Looking forward to meeting newer FIXXTURES like EquestrianGirl and those who have been also waiting for this show. Typical crowds for this Friday night event averages 4 to 6 THOUSAND people. I would love to help the band out with a complete sellout of all merch we have. This extra income bodes well for the offset of the massive expenses with travel, lodging, cars, etc.

I will watch this post for your replies. We are all looking forward to the show and the comeradie that surrounds the Fixx and the common threads we share in friendship. I wish everyone from coast to coast could be here as the band really enjoys this area and always puts on a great show, with the highlight (for me) being a very passionate version of Reach The Beach, as the stage is literally 50 feet from the ocean.

See You There With Bells On !!

Much Love,

Dr. Roger

I will be there for sure. I will be with friends and family during the day, and may only make the 8:30pm show, but want to see both. It will depend on what my guests want to do. That being the case, I'm hesitant to say I can offer any help, and I really do apologize for that. It is still possible that I can offer help at the last minute, and if that's the case, I'll post in this thread late Fri afternoon.

I've seen the band several times when I lived in Portland and here in Vegas, but this is the first time I've actually planned a vacation around a Fixx concert. Count me in on any post show gatherings, though I'm not familiar with Santa Cruz's watering holes.
    "this one sign of the cross"

Me me me. I'm going. Most likely I will be there all day because I love to ride the rides.

I can help out too.
    Last edited by Noreen; 06-13-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Deborah and I will be there with Geoff and one of his friends. Don't know how much help we can be. We might be late for the 1st show.

As Roger already aknowledged, Heimo and Anka will be there as well.
    Looking forward to a great Fixx show.

I love you guys . . . I will be there in spirit.

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Pippi, you can't come? Nooooo!

Very sad.

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    We love you, too, Pippi - and we will miss you very much. BIG HUGS!

web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Thanks for all of the love that I received from everyone today. I will imagine that I am there with you all. I expect LOTS of pictures and stories!! Phone calls . . . camera phones . . . I want it all.

love, Pip
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Many of us are Green with Envy tonight that we can't join the crowd in Santa Cruz to enjoy what I would expect as the greatest Fixx concert to this point in the band's history.

Sometimes breakthrough moments happen when you least expect them. Destiny can be quite a fork in the road. Let's hope for the boys' best tonight, this could be a breakout moment, or perhaps a moment of renewal.
    BM
    I've been lurking...