Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screw the Social Rules, let's talk Politics and Religion

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Hi Kim,

You're exactly correct. The IRS will go after smaller business and anyone else they deem will put up less of a fight b/c of the legal expenses we wouldn't be able to afford for defense. Hmmm...sounds a little predatorial, doesn't it?

There is no statute, no law for us to pay income taxes. It is unconstitutional. Since I will make this a tangent, I'll just drop it here and go on to the next point-

Do watch that video, but know that the segment on The Jewish Mother will boil your blood. esp. since you're business has been picked for audit.

Lastly, I sincerely mean what I said about serving on a jury. I was 26 when I served my first criminal case. Hardly someone to take seriously at first sight. The jury was leaning toward finding a man innocent of assaulting a police officer. He was guilty and the DA presented a clear case. Once we were to deliberate, the biggest mouth on the jury didn't want to find the defendent guilty because of race. No one else in the room would discuss the facts of the case, they were intimidated. So, I just started thinking out loud and listing questions for that juror until she said it herself...he was guilty. (We couldn't even figure out how this case ever made it to trial, it was so obvious).

Once you watch America Freedom to Fascism, drop me a word.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Hi Cary,

I'd watched it; it was very interesting. Alot to digest there.

I used to have a local customer who insisted on not paying sales tax.
    They were very vocal, unpleasant and quite belligerant about it.

Well, as a small biz owner, you still have to ante up to "the man".
    For that individual to skate out of it and penalise me, wasn't gonna fly!

So, basically built the tax back into their materials cost on those invoices, plus a PIA (pain in the ass) charge. Then, I'd re-print the invoice as it originally should've been after that obnox one left--for my records to be correct for any auditing. My version of the waiter spitting in the soup.

This same client used to boast their kids went through "the system" on other folks' tax dollars, but they weren't about to fund other people's kids now that their kids were out of school! That's just not right, IMO.

They also strutted around with their guns at the annual small town 4th of July celebration--because it was their right to bear arms.

Yeah, I'm sure a bunch of families picnicking at the park and playing sparklers w/ their little kids and Grandma are a real threat.

Kim
    Last edited by msmith1; 07-26-2009 at 05:09 PM.
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

don't you just love extremist nuts

Hi Kim,
    Sounds like this guy was so over-the-top extremist that he didn't do his own homework on which taxes are legal and which are unconstitutional.

Sales tax is perfectly legal. It is income tax that was never made legal- not ratified by the states in the 16th amendment as the IRS would have us all believe. The nazi you were unfortunately dealing with doesn't know the difference.

Somewhere in these threads is a note posted by our Precious Stone that very interestingly brings up the topic of the 2nd amendment, the right to bear arms. Again, the nazi you were dealing with wouldn't know the wisdom behind our forefathers in including that in the US Constitution. Apparently, he gets off being an obnoxious and intimidating menace...which gives a good argument to strong gun control.

I believe the 2nd amendment is in place to give the people, the citizens a means to defend themselves in a tyrannical police state. Our forefathers recognized the abuse of power that a government could and would take if left unchecked. And look how far we've come.

If you can find it here, read what Precious posted- I think that coupled with America Freedom to Fascism is a testimony to the wisdom of the great men that penned our Constitution.

-Weird Science

Yeah, that client was a real crayz-o.

Hey Cary, thanks, will look for that post.

Personally, I don't like guns but understand why the 2nd ammendment.

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Found This Interesting

Found This Interesting- is the name of the thread I mentioned by Precious in Sign of Fire. (About the 2nd Amendment) And it is indeed interesting.

Not too far down the list.

BTW, I do appreciate everyone for speaking up in Sign of Fire. Even if I don't stand for all the same things as others, I applaud what each of you is saying. You are thinkers- it's refreshing. What a great way to pass time until the next 'show discussion' thread.-

-Weird Science

Re: don't you just love extremist nuts

Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
    I believe the 2nd amendment is in place to give the people, the citizens a means to defend themselves in a tyrannical police state. Our forefathers recognized the abuse of power that a government could and would take if left unchecked. And look how far we've come.

I find this a very interesting point - I had a long discussion with a couple of US tourists the other week and a large chunk of the conversation was about this exact situation.

As a UK citizen, bombarded with media talk about the US "gun culture" etc. etc. it's refreshing to hear a genuine personal point of view, not built on aggression, but re-affirming principles of individuality & self-determination. It brought home to me that:

a) I know next to nothing about how Americans see themselves (which matters a lot in the grand scheme of things) and

b) There's a certain strength in straightforward principles & truth that us cynical Europeans have (in my view, at least) lost touch with.

The world will always turn, with or without your point of view...

Multiple responses...
    Cary- thanks for the "Freedom to Fascism" link. I have read Griffin's "The Creature from Jekyll Island" along with Quigley's book summary, both of which come up in the movie, and honestly I hadn't ever heard of this film, although much of the information on the central banks, history, etc. I already knew. The tax argument was newish to me, hadn't heard some of those references before, but good to know and it is an important film. I had to watch it over 4 sessions in the room here - hard to get enough time in one block!

Robert M - I think the most confused aspect of our histories between the U.S. and mother England is regarding the insidious way bankers have tried to keep things connected between the two. There may be some elitists who in their heart believe they're doing good for all of us and good for the world in trying to rejoin us as if we're formerly separated twins, but frankly it's as unhealthy as my analogy - the U.S. and U.K. must be separate sovereign nations. "Collectivists" tend to believe that the world will be better off if we all come together and sing round the campfire. The problem with nations flat-lining to each others' mores and values is that frankly - man is evil and sinful and man will corrupt a collective system, but men who separate themselves have the means to resolve and judge separately what each values. If one nation values production to the point of being a sweat-shop society - well all those who really like that form of life can go join them. For me, I want to preserve "old America" and the Constitution. Freedoms are eroding, and frankly some nations have more freedom than the U.S., but most Americans don't know this because they're isolated in the growing police state and don't get outside the U.S. to see what others may be enjoying.

Bringing religion into the discussion - in the Phillipines one can proselytize at high schools, even on their school grounds, and school officials are grateful for Christians doing this work because the children become much more disciplined and conscious of right and wrong after becoming Christians. The ACLU would fire up stakes to burn people for the same thing in America, much less the government physically removing you from a public school. I could go on and on about basic everyday freedoms also - you can't even squat and shat on the ground in a federal forest because of "rules." No one's arresting the wolves yet for the same thing, fortunately.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Originally posted by Beached Male
    "Collectivists" tend to believe that the world will be better off if we all come together and sing round the campfire. The problem with nations flat-lining to each others' mores and values is that frankly - man is evil and sinful and man will corrupt a collective system, but men who separate themselves have the means to resolve and judge separately what each values.

Absolutely spot on - I couldn't agree more.

My view is that "peoples" are like magnets - the more globalisation/global politics tries to shoehorn every culture/tribe into one big box, the more they resist and are forced apart.

If this is by reasoned choice then it can be a positive force for freedom. The downside, however, is the rise of ignorant racism and extreme right-wing politics (which is happening across Europe).
    The world will always turn, with or without your point of view...

Originally posted by Beached Male
    Bringing religion into the discussion - in the Phillipines one can proselytize at high schools...
    People of all faiths, or just Christians? That's the important question to me...
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Okay, I have to ask - why is that important?
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Because I don't think governments are the right institutions to be making religious decisions, especially for young people, so if they're going to allow one, they should allow all, so the kids, not the government, can make an informed decision about which one, if any, shows them the path to God.
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Collectivism defined, described and much more in this 5 part video series. G. Edward Griffin just put this in YouTube for the world to see. This is well worth the time to watch, especially if you don't already know about Collectivism and how it affects our future.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OFA...eature=related

Highly recommend this if you want to hear a new perspective on:
    The U.N.
    Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
    International Monetary Fund (IMF)
    The World Bank
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Excellent Link

So glad Griffin did this video, and that it is on YT. Knowing the truth is half the battle. As he explains in this series, the 'Global Elite' are counting on us to be ignorant of the real agenda of these organizations. Once we realize the truth, they're counting on us to be apathetic about it.

I highly recommend everyone watch this series.

-Weird Science

Regardless of your political affliations, we'll all get better results from our elected officials if we can get PUBLICALLY FINANCED ELECTIONS! Let them start listening to us, instead of just to giant banks and corporations.

Cheers.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm joining a church soon. It's a Presbyterian church, which is a part of my family heritage. Presbyterians believe in predestination, which on the surface, seems like belief in fate, harsh even. Actually, it's simply a recognition of the sovereignty of God. It is God who judges, not the Christian, leaving us free only to love. That's my interpretation of it, anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast