Thread: Favorite Quotes

Favorite Quotes

Okay... You all know how much I love quotes, song lyrics and words in general, by my ever constant changing signature on the bottom of my post...

So I thought it would be fun to start a thread of " Favorite Quotes" or ones that have meaning to you....

These were just sent to me by a good friend and fellow Fixxture.....

If you love someone put their name in a circle not a heart, a heart can be broken but a circle goes on forever
    (MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ONE.....)

No guy is worth your tears & when you find one that is, he won't make you cry.( OKAY... STILL WAITING FOR THIS GUY.......ANYONE, ANYONE????? LOL!! ....)

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only real kind of kiss is a kiss tasted
    ( THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A GOOD KISS...SIGH)

Loving you is like breathing...how can i stop?
    (LOVING SOMEONE IS LIKE LIFE......YOU FEEL SO ALIVE AND WHY WOULD YOU WANT TOO????

A million words would not bring you back, I know, because i've tried. Neither would A million tears. I know, because i've cried
    (BEEN THERE.... ALL TOO OFTEN)

Love is when you don't want to go to sleep because reality is better than a dream ( SO TRUE... AND I COULD USE SOME REALITY THESE DAYS......)

Don't settle for the one you can live with...wait for the one you can't live without

Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again...(OKAY I LAUGHED MY ARSE OFF.........PLEASE DO.....)

Never start frowning because you never know who's falling in love with your smile( LOVED THIS ONE TOO)

THANKS FOR THESE, JB...

There were a few others.. but I going to wait until I get a few responses to share those....
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

There's a gal who goes by jonesette on Twitter who has no end of great quotes - some funny and sarcastic, some more serious and heady.

I think you'd like one of the relationship/human relations quotes from her collection: Never make someone a priority who only makes you an option.
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Thumbs up Good Earth Teas

Sipping on a cocoa chai here at home this afternoon.

This company, they've quotes on their tea strings (& it's good tea, too).

On the string today:

"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think". By Horace Walpole (1717-1797)

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Originally posted by Carrie
    There's a gal who goes by jonesette on Twitter who has no end of great quotes - some funny and sarcastic, some more serious and heady.

I think you'd like one of the relationship/human relations quotes from her collection:

Never make someone a priority who only makes you an option.
    Another great one.. and one that I sadly have done too...
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

I'll Bear One Precious Scar

This one reminds me of a favorite Fixx song about bearing a scar -

"When you are in love and you get hurt, it's like a cut...
    it will heal, but there will always be a scar. "
    Not sure who wrote that quote but thought it fit this board and your request for some quotes.

Some of my favorite quotes come from a mini inspirational book entitled "Pearls of Wisdom".

"When we love, we see with our hearts"

"Solitude is the soil in which your true self blossoms"

"When you put your problems into words, you also put them into perspective."

Another great book of quotes entitled "Passages"
    this quote was from John Wayne
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnite very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Re: Good Earth Teas

Originally posted by msmith1

"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think". By Horace Walpole (1717-1797)

Kim
    Love that one! So if one thinks AND feels, it's quite the drama!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Re: I'll Bear One Precious Scar

Originally posted by rockerchic
    This one reminds me of a favorite Fixx song about bearing a scar -

"When you are in love and you get hurt, it's like a cut...
    it will heal, but there will always be a scar. "

LOVED THAT ONE... It is true... you will go on...because you sometimes have no choice..... but sometime at the "end of the day.. there is just no me with out you " either.... When you love deeply.... you feel deeply....

"When we love, we see with our hearts"
    So true... Isn't it amazing.. that you may find someone attractive that someone else would not give the time of day too... I truly believe that the more you get to know someone deep down ... the more attractive they become... that our " heart clearly see what is invisible to the eye...."

"Solitude is the soil in which your true self blossoms"
    Working on this one... "to thine self be true"... trying to find the me that use to be......

"When you put your problems into words, you also put them into perspective."

I believe this too... It is amazing when dealing with a problem.. especially with a loved one... how sometimes things just spill out of your mouth without you even realizing their impact... leaving you with a mountain of regret later... and sometimes just the simple act of stopping... putting your thoughts down .... can clearly give you the perspective before you confront someone.. (or even yourself) with a problem that needs to be discussed..... again.. easier said than done... especially in the heat of the moment.

Another great book of quotes entitled "Passages"
    this quote was from John Wayne
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnite very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
    That reminds me if a quote from one of my favorite childhood books " Anne of Green Gables"

"Everyday is a chance to start fresh" ... You truly have a clean slate.. to be gentle with yourself.. no matter what has happened in the past.. and correct any wrong doings... forgive.. and be forgiven.. it is amazing to me... how we can continue to beat ourselves up over things in the past...especially when there is that chance to make it right.
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

A friend emailed this to me today... It is long.. but worth it...

A Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less.

We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.

We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.

We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life.

We've added years to life not life to years.

We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.

We conquered outer space but not inner space.

We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.

We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.

We write more, but learn less.

We plan more, but accomplish less.

We've learned to rush, but not to wait.

We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes.

These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill.

It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom.

A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Kind of puts it all into perspective.

Jeanne
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin