Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012,what do you think?

2012,what do you think?

I thought that this would be an interesting thread to start. I was watching the special that they had on The Discovery Channel last night about December 21,2012 and wanted to know what others thought about this whole ancient Mayan calendar thing. It kind of freaked me out when I watched it because my birthday falls on that same exact day. What does everyone think about this?

Alicia

Fatalist or Realist, I dunno

IMO, it's not looking very promising, with world-wide deforestation/habitat destructions and the whole our oceans are dying thing going on.

And there's natural things like Yosemite bulging upwards and overdue for a grand supervolcano blow-up, the Ethiopian land cracking open, etc.

By the time everybody gets on board to really make a human "sea change"...most likely, it'll be far too late--given political stalling, plus the world's general public not wanting to forfeit personal conveniences/habits and all.

Tigers are done for, due to stupid Asian voodoo medicine and habitat loss. Don't even get me started on how wasteful people are with our water resources--waiting for those shortage wars to start!

The Third World's just now latching onto the American model of resource usage (land rape)...that's not a good thing--beef production, mass farming practices and construction, all not good for the world's climate.

Or you could go with the Danish scientist...the one who says it's ALL beyond our control. The changes people make will make no difference whatsoever...its' all due to the sun's cycles.

Plus, we're supposedly mid Ice Age--supposed to get warmer, if so.

But then again, nobody really, really knows...things could turnaround?

~Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

Probably not the anticipated reply...

The 7 year Tribulation period has not begun. So, by mathematics alone, 2012 is not ‘the end of the world’.

Prophecy about the Tribulation:

Rapture of the Church (not to be confused with the rapture of ‘people who attend church’) (not sure if this will be before/during/after the Tribulation)

The appearance of and nearly world-wide submission to the antichrist (will rise to power quickly under the false pretense of world peace, head of a 10 Nation Confederacy -NWO) (mark of the beast, martyring/beheading of the saints) (will have authority to rule for 3 ˝ years)

7 Year Tribulation (Trumpet & Bowl Judgments will harshly change the earth and torment inhabitants- progressively getting worse until the reappearing of Christ.)

Two witnesses or two prophets in Jerusalem (possibly Elijah and Moses- it’s not clear) (not sure at what point of the Tribulation) (will be seen/heard around the world witnessing- maybe supernatural, maybe via internet/TV)

Battle of Armageddon at the end of the Tribulation period. (one day battle, approx. 60 miles north of Israel)

Second Coming of Christ

1,000 Year Reign of Christ (here-on-earth-hence, earth is not destroyed)

No one knows the time, but scripture gives us graphic details of end times and signs to be fulfilled prior to: Israel’s rebirth as a Sovereign State in May 1948, and Israel taking full control of Jerusalem in June 1967.

It would not surprise me if ‘something’ (some catalyst) happened in 2012, but it will not be the end of the earth.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Re: Probably not the anticipated reply...

C-Troll

You and I apparently have been pretty much up with the same beliefs or lessons. Also wasn't there something about the generation that saw Israel’s rebirth as a Sovereign State in May 1948, or Israel taking full control of Jerusalem in June 1967, would not pass(there would people from that generation still living) when all this takes place/or durning. I'm having trouble explaining myself but i think you might know what I'm talking about. The temple will be rebuilt also. Did you know all the utenciles(things that go in the temple), have already beeen made??? You can find stories and video online and Youtube also. I wish everyone instead of freaking out would realize the possitive side to all this rather than the negative. people should rejoice in the return of the Lord, rather than regret it, unless they know not you're maker.

Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
    The 7 year Tribulation period has not begun. So, by mathematics alone, 2012 is not ‘the end of the world’.

Prophecy about the Tribulation:

Rapture of the Church (not to be confused with the rapture of ‘people who attend church’) (not sure if this will be before/during/after the Tribulation)

The appearance of and nearly world-wide submission to the antichrist (will rise to power quickly under the false pretense of world peace, head of a 10 Nation Confederacy -NWO) (mark of the beast, martyring/beheading of the saints) (will have authority to rule for 3 ˝ years)

7 Year Tribulation (Trumpet & Bowl Judgments will harshly change the earth and torment inhabitants- progressively getting worse until the reappearing of Christ.)

Two witnesses or two prophets in Jerusalem (possibly Elijah and Moses- it’s not clear) (not sure at what point of the Tribulation) (will be seen/heard around the world witnessing- maybe supernatural, maybe via internet/TV)

Battle of Armageddon at the end of the Tribulation period. (one day battle, approx. 60 miles north of Israel)

Second Coming of Christ

1,000 Year Reign of Christ (here-on-earth-hence, earth is not destroyed)

No one knows the time, but scripture gives us graphic details of end times and signs to be fulfilled prior to: Israel’s rebirth as a Sovereign State in May 1948, and Israel taking full control of Jerusalem in June 1967.

It would not surprise me if ‘something’ (some catalyst) happened in 2012, but it will not be the end of the earth.

One more thing . No one knows the day nor the hour of the arrival of the Lord. mayans are interesting to read about and I've got a neckless with the Mayan an Aztec calendar on it, but just cause I like it.

in reply to Kimberly/S.Twang

I have a book about end times and prophecy that I’d like to get my hands on right now. As you say- no one knows the hour…That is my official position : ) Prophecy is fascinating, so I like reading about it.

I do not have an unwavering opinion on which generation Christ is referring to in Matthew 24:34. I’ve read much about this being the post WWII baby-boomers. Born in or just before 1948 they ‘witnessed the rebirth of Israel’. But I’ve read arguments that suggest the generation in question would’ve been born in time to witness Israel recapture Jerusalem in 1967. And this- since the Gentiles continued to dominate Israel (through the UN?) after 1967, ‘the generation’ may not necessarily have been born in/around 1948 or 1967. So, it’s not clear to me when the generation begins that will not pass.

Scripture tells us that generation will witness an ‘abomination of desolation’ (or a statue erected on the temple mount for the purpose of worship-a statue of the antichrist). There is a lot of interest in the rebuilding of the temple at Mount Moriah- the third temple that would meet the prophetic requirement of end times.

As you said, preparations are already in place for its reconstruction and contents. However, since 1187, an Islamic Waqf has had administration over the site. They effected a ban on all prayer at the site other than by Muslims. A serious agreement would need to be reached between Muslims and anyone wanting to reconstruct a Jewish temple on the site. It seems to me the sight of the Dome of the Rock at this holiest of holies places in Judaism would serve as a constant tension-trigger.

I can’t imagine what will have to occur to allow for the rebuilding of the temple. This could likely be where the deceptions of the antichrist weigh-in. He will be slick enough to arbitrate an agreement, allow the temple to be rebuilt, and then desecrate that very site.

-Weird Science

Re: in reply to Kimberly/S.Twang

Yep, that's stuff I've read, studied and have been taught. Only God, really knows his plan and until the Rapture (and I can hope I'm one of them, but if everyone else goes and I don't I would be happy in that too), and until the rest, know one wull ever be able to completely understand. And this sounds crazy but once the prophecy completely takes place, those who make it to heaven, won't worry at all, but instead rejoice.

Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
    I have a book about end times and prophecy that I’d like to get my hands on right now. As you say- no one knows the hour…That is my official position : ) Prophecy is fascinating, so I like reading about it.

I do not have an unwavering opinion on which generation Christ is referring to in Matthew 24:34. I’ve read much about this being the post WWII baby-boomers. Born in or just before 1948 they ‘witnessed the rebirth of Israel’. But I’ve read arguments that suggest the generation in question would’ve been born in time to witness Israel recapture Jerusalem in 1967. And this- since the Gentiles continued to dominate Israel (through the UN?) after 1967, ‘the generation’ may not necessarily have been born in/around 1948 or 1967. So, it’s not clear to me when the generation begins that will not pass.

Scripture tells us that generation will witness an ‘abomination of desolation’ (or a statue erected on the temple mount for the purpose of worship-a statue of the antichrist). There is a lot of interest in the rebuilding of the temple at Mount Moriah- the third temple that would meet the prophetic requirement of end times.

As you said, preparations are already in place for its reconstruction and contents. However, since 1187, an Islamic Waqf has had administration over the site. They effected a ban on all prayer at the site other than by Muslims. A serious agreement would need to be reached between Muslims and anyone wanting to reconstruct a Jewish temple on the site. It seems to me the sight of the Dome of the Rock at this holiest of holies places in Judaism would serve as a constant tension-trigger.

I can’t imagine what will have to occur to allow for the rebuilding of the temple. This could likely be where the deceptions of the antichrist weigh-in. He will be slick enough to arbitrate an agreement, allow the temple to be rebuilt, and then desecrate that very site.

My initial thoughts on all of this: Plan/Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I find that too many people have an apathetic view of possible events whether potential natural disaster or global war. Just the typical - "it won't matter..." mindset I see too often.

What to do? First, put a smile on your face and second some water in storage (at least a week's supply for you and your family).
    I could go on all day about this stuff...
    BM
    I've been lurking...

I'm really looking forward to December 22, 2012, when I'm having my Saturday morning coffee, and reading everyone's reactions online to why nothing happened after all. The sad part will be reading about all the misguided souls who joined doomsday cults and had a big suicide party on the 21st. That aside, it will be the biggest non-event of all time (eclipsing Y2K). Didn't people learn from the past eleventeen times the world has ended? 2008, 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1984, 1982, 1977.. the many times that Jehovah's Witness has predicted the end, and I'm sure there was lots of Second Coming talk back in the old days (like 0-1000 AD) Does anyone have a good explanation for so many wrong predictions? I'm pretty sure this existence isn't scripted, folks..which means I may or may not be having coffee on the 22nd.

I will be at 1002 house drinking coffee on his porch and sharing the paper with him....

I remember when I was about 18 years old and some guy came up to me in Seattle( in 1984) and stated going on and on about the end of the world and the second coming. I listened for a bit and then politly interupted him and stated that if the second coming chooses to land in Seattle, you might want to remind him to bring an umbrella.

I certainly am not going to down play any ones and includiing my own religious beliefs... and at this present time... there is not enough hope or love in this world as it is.... so the last thing we need is another Hollywood movie playing on every ones fears and sensationalizng things...so perhaps we should focus on faith that things we be okay....and have hope for our future genertations.

My God, Can you imagine what the kids are thinking as they see that commercial on TV or possibly hear an adult discussing this with people. We all remember those films being shown in school regarding nuculear warfare... It is terrifying.

There have been many predictions in the past.. and I think this one will not be in my lifetime.

I agree with Kim though... we still need to find a way to re use our resources and perhaps that time would be better served than feeding into a legend that may or may not happen....
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

See! I didn't even predict that Jeanne would be there! don't hold that against me JT

I respect other people's beliefs as well, but I really wonder why it seems lots of people get worked up about End Times predictions over the years, when they have yet to come true? A man-made calendar that has simply come to an end doesn't mean we're all doomed. It means they need to make a new calendar.

don't hold that against me JT

I would never hold THAT against you, JB!!

No one can predict the future...Did I just say that?? Considering the subject of this thread???

Seriously... It is all one day at a time, Folks.. and there are bigger things to be putting our energy into.... Again.. like love, hope and faith.

By the way, for the new calander ... I like Ocean views , so i can dream of Reaching the Beach as I freeze in this frozen tundra I live in... LOL!
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Hi Jeanne & everybody!

Re: your nuclear reference--you made me think of those "duck n'cover" films and all the horrific Japanese post-bomb footage shown in school.

I had a teacher once who said because Chicago was a major target and w/ Indy being downwind--we'd all be toast, could be fast or slow. Cheery, eh?

I don't think "the end" is necessarily coming on that particular day...but if we don't find ways to take better care of the environment right now, we're setting ourselves up for a world of hurt, coming on alot sooner than later. As a nod to Carrie and Diamond, even Cy and The Fixx have pointed that out (Calm Animals, among others).

There are all sorts of natural distress signals being sent to not muck about--to act and radically change the way we do things, immediately.

Hey, what happened to that guy who had the relatively cheap, yet very ingenious water vapour idea? I thought that sounded pretty darn brilliant!

The infamous "they" probably labelled him a "crackpot"--but it's historically often been the "crackpots" who're the innovators!

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Wow, I love reading everyone's interpretations of this subject. Thanks for the input guys! Kim, I liked how you made a reference to Calm Animals! This song definitely talks about the enviroment and how we should take care of it. When I first heard the song, it made me think of all of the endangered species on this planet and how they are becoming extinct due to loss of habitat. A thought crossed my mind yesterday, what would Cy's opinion be?

Alicia

OK...not so secretly...I love this

Anything controversial will be hyped up to the point of being ridiculous.

To be clear, I don’t know when end times will be (OK, really, I do, but I don't want to tell you all because one day I will make a lot of money from my book Prophecies of The Troll...and I don't want anyone stealing my thunder)..., or who the generation of Matthew 24:34 is, or the time of the Second Coming. My faith in scripture tells me what to expect and what signs to watch for, but says no one knows the hour- so anyone that pins a date on this is in conflict with scripture. We can only ‘check off signs’ as they pass. People can say ‘they think’ it will occur in 2010 or 2020 to get a reaction or a following, but that’s not what my faith teaches.

It is not my intent to be offensive or scoffing at other beliefs, ideas or theories. As I said, I think prophecy is fascinating. There’s a million (billion?) dollar industry called astrology to testify to human interest in predicting the future---widely accepted. (whole other thread)

There are plenty of other things about me that make me an idiot, but my faith is not one of them : ) And I own it and bring it. Love you guys.

-Weird Science

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast