Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012,what do you think?

Re: OK...not so secretly...I love this

Well said. Cary!

Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
    Anything controversial will be hyped up to the point of being ridiculous.

To be clear, I don’t know when end times will be (OK, really, I do, but I don't want to tell you all because one day I will make a lot of money from my book Prophecies of The Troll...and I don't want anyone stealing my thunder)..., or who the generation of Matthew 24:34 is, or the time of the Second Coming. My faith in scripture tells me what to expect and what signs to watch for, but says no one knows the hour- so anyone that pins a date on this is in conflict with scripture. We can only ‘check off signs’ as they pass. People can say ‘they think’ it will occur in 2010 or 2020 to get a reaction or a following, but that’s not what my faith teaches.

It is not my intent to be offensive or scoffing at other beliefs, ideas or theories. As I said, I think prophecy is fascinating. There’s a million (billion?) dollar industry called astrology to testify to human interest in predicting the future---widely accepted. (whole other thread)

There are plenty of other things about me that make me an idiot, but my faith is not one of them : ) And I own it and bring it. Love you guys.

My comments weren't about the 2012 Mayan "theory" either -- I say these things in general terms, that "modern" people are generally unprepared for significant life changes and disasters. Cary - I'm in agreement with you on the date aspects, no man knows the day or time.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Beached Male is right, I just saw the report:

Report: Majority Of Americans Unprepared For Apocalypse

Guilty as charged!

So.....No Coffee then??????
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Originally posted by tenohtwo
    Beached Male is right, I just saw the report:

Report: Majority Of Americans Unprepared For Apocalypse

Guilty as charged!

The Onion! I actually love that website and it is a great humor break.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

wow, cant believe that no one has mentioned that 12/12 is Cy's birthday! LOL!

not sure what Kim's nod was all about to Carrie and I, but spooky nontheless!

; )

d3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

It is spooky ain't it????

12/12/12 !!!! agH!
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

That is crazy about Cy's birthday, do you want to know something really wierd? Every time I look at the clock to see what time it is, it's always 12:12! Creepy huh?

Alicia

I quickly discard the Dec. 21, 2012 date based on the Mayan calendar, those people worshipped a feathered serpent-god so I have to question their ability to tell time.

In Matthew 24, Jesus deals with:
    *Persecution In The Early Church Age
    *The Destruction Of Jerusalem (which occurred in AD 70)
    *The End Of The World (yet to come)

Cary, after thoughtful research, I do conclude that "this generation" in v. 34 refers to those living at the same time as the disciples. Jesus fully expected to return on the heels of the Destruction Of Jerusalem. For the sake of comparison, see also Mt. 16:28 and Mark 9:1, which are parallel passages. But again, not even Jesus Himself knows when, hence Mark 13:32.

Looks best to view the 1000-year reign in Revelation as symbolic rather than literal, since Jesus will never set foot on Earth again. Instead, the faithful will meet Him in the clouds, Mt. 24 and 1st Thess. 4.

I do have more notes on this, my approach is to be comprehensive, consult the original language of the Scriptures and to watch and pray.

I'm curious about the film "2012," I may go see it at some point just to get acquainted with the story line. It's #1 at the box office, so that tells you the public has a fascination for this.

Peace out....

John

I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

Hi John

Hi John,

In reply to your figurative view of the 1000 Year Reign of Christ:

Rev. 19:11-19 I believe in the literal interpretation of Christ waging war against the armies of the earth that will be deceived by the antichrist and the false prophet. He brings the armies of heaven with him. I have to ask “where to?” and conclude “here, to earth”, because it is the armies of the earth and the antichrist (here on earth) that Christ defeats in battle. So, that puts Him here again, literally on earth.

Rev. 20:1-7 the 1000 year reign is mentioned 6 times. I also believe it’s a literal event, with Christ in the flesh on earth, because I can’t reconcile why the Word of God would only figuratively describe this timed event in the same definition of 1000 years six times, within the parameters of other events. Before the time is the chaining of Satan (Rev. 20:1-2). And after: Rev. 20:7 explicitly marks an event to occur at the end of the 1000 years- the release of Satan. Seems to be a series of events on a pretty specific timeline. I have to wonder why this specific event in Revelation would be viewed as allegory. What would then be the interpretation of any of the other events, literal or figurative---and why?

I also found some interesting points regarding the duality of the questions and answers in the Matthew 24 conversation between Christ and the Apostles. I agree with points that the apostles didn’t even realize they were asking questions that could be interpreted to mean two different events in different periods of time. I believe Christ’s answers refer to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. PLUS, to end-time events that have yet to come.

I'm still reading up on this : )
    Last edited by Cary C-Troll; 11-23-2009 at 10:54 PM.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Originally posted by EquestrianGrl78
    That is crazy about Cy's birthday, do you want to know something really wierd? Every time I look at the clock to see what time it is, it's always 12:12! Creepy huh?

Alicia
    I have 4 times that that happens to me... I swear I never look at the clock and when I do it is .....

4:28
    5:23
    10:02
    11:11

it is weird...considering I have a connection to all those #...

Is this where we incert the Twilight Zone music?????

Last edited by Jeanne Thelen; 11-23-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

/Adams'd

I'm really looking forward to December 22, 2012, when I'm having my Saturday morning coffee, and reading everyone's reactions online to why nothing happened after all. The sad part will be reading about all the misguided souls who joined doomsday cults and had a big suicide party on the 21st. That aside, it will be the biggest non-event of all time (eclipsing Y2K). Didn't people learn from the past eleventeen times the world has ended? 2008, 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1984, 1982, 1977.. the many times that Jehovah's Witness has predicted the end, and I'm sure there was lots of Second Coming talk back in the old days (like 0-1000 AD) Does anyone have a good explanation for so many wrong predictions? I'm pretty sure this existence isn't scripted, folks..which means I may or may not be having coffee on the 22nd.

1002[/QUOTE]

I will be at 1002 house drinking coffee on his porch and sharing the paper with him.... Jeanne Thelen

DECEMBER 22,2012

1002 and I had coffee this morning on his porch this beautiful day,filled with sunshine (and great conversation), minus the paper and the doom and gloom of the Apocalypse, as NOTHING HAPPENED....

Thanks for the coffee, 1002....
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12