Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fixx in Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA this summer!

I am starting to look into hotels, myself. Has anyone booked theirs?

- The idea behind Priceline is calculated risk, i.e. you have to wait to "bid" on rooms until the actual day you stay, is that right?

- I'm going to call the "Busch Gardens partners" or whatever it is that comes up when you do a Google map search.

- I heard there are AAA and military discounts, might be worth looking into.

- "In July, we will fry." Don't get me wrong, Virginia is a nice place. But if it's going to be one of those super swampy nasty days like we have had lately, I am going to want to hide out before the show. I have been here for three years now, and the last two summers the thermometer in the car always reads somewhere around 95F-105F around that time. No thanks, I'm from somewhere it actually snows in winter.

That water park might be fun, then I'm thinking crashing out for a few. My favorite place at B.G. is the huge German beer hall, that might be a good meeting place, will have to look at the map and find out what time the show starts.

Last edited by cageyJG; 06-08-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Cary! We aren't sure yet if we're coming down for the shows or not... we'd REALLY like to, but it's just a lot of money if you don't plan to actually ride or walk around the park.
    But thanks for the info. I'll be in touch and hopefully be seeing you there!
    ~Shelley

Thanks Cary! We aren't sure yet if we're coming down for the shows or not... we'd REALLY like to, but it's just a lot of money if you don't plan to actually ride or walk around the park.
    But thanks for the info. I'll be in touch and hopefully be seeing you there!
    ~Shelley

Busch Gardens/Water Country tickets - $30 (Newport News)
    Date: 2010-06-07, 3:38PM EDT
    Reply to: sale-f6twz-1780032590@craigslist.org

Tickets are good at either park for 1 day admission. I have six available which I can sell for $30 each or three for $70
    please contact me on my cell phone at (757) 813-5916

========================================

Hi guys! Craigslist comes in handy (see above) for Busch Gardens tickets. I doubt the one day pass includes parking though. I would make sure the tix are transferable.

BG Williamsburg is consistently voted the most beautiful theme park in the country. So, if you've never been or aren't into rides, it's nice to just walk around the park and take in all the natural beauty.

I've never been to a concert here but the lineup for the summer is looking good. Two nights for each show: B52's, The Bangles, The Fixx, etc.

Anybody been to a concert here? What to expect? How long do you think they will play?

We're going to buy 1 season pass and 1 fun pass so we're covered on the parking and 10% food/beverage discounts.

Can't wait!!!

So far this year I have seen Arlo Guthrie and Suzanne Vega, next up is THE FIXX, and if there are any Tears for Fears fans, they're headed out here this Sept.

Fixxtures - What do you think the best means is for fans to make song requests?

My feelings won't be hurt if I get turned down. I can't believe all the good fortune I've had to see the band live. I do remember last year at Mohegan Sun somebody convinced them to play Reach The Beach, so technically it is possible...

Getting autographs at that show was unforgettable, good thing I had enough liquid courage to get my point across.

Even though we haven't been to BG in a few years, when we go we tend to go a few times in one summer. I just picked up the Fun Passes for the two of us, which does not include parking, but it allows you to return as many times as you want and gives you a discount on food at the park. This admission includes all the rides, and shows they offer, to include The Fixx! It's always a fun day at BG, and since it's been a while, with the guys singing there this year seemed like a really good reason to go again.

We'll prolly go soon just to check the place out and check out the new rides, there are one or two I hear. Yes, the park is lovely enough to roam around in for those who just want to stroll, I hear this a lot, esp. from pregnant women or disabled folks, (lots of shaded areas) but as for me, I need to be on something that spins or moves!

I understand the concert will start at 6:00 pm so we'll be sure to get an early start those days. Anyone want to suggest a meeting place during the day? I would say the Big Bad Wolf, but it's gone now!
    I am the winner in any event.

Here's a map: http://www.buschgardens.com/Bgw/Explore/ParkMap.aspx
    I would suggest Festhaus, but I'm not sure what's close to the stage. (Yeah, which stage are they playing?)

That's weird according to that website they are only playing on Sunday, August 1? Someone needs to check up with them!!! I was planning to go to both dates and have told a bunch of newbies to go, and most of them are more available for the Saturday show!

I think the Festhaus is where they will play, although I cannot say I have ever seen a show there. I did see the pictures of the Kirk Franklin concert posted on FB and it looks like a great outdoor venue, so it should be able to hold a good sized crowd.

Never mind, that website is just glitchy, and they ARE there both days! relief!

Oh wow, if it's really going to be held in the Festhaus -- --

Giant. German. Beers!

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't be asking for trouble like this. Oh, and I'm taking a taxi.

I'm liking the water park plan... water park in the a.m. (careful, no sunburn needed), crash out at the hotel for a few, hopefully meet up with the awesome Fixx fans somewhere...

Whenever there is a consensus of where/when to meet each day, please someone keep me informed! Any suggestions for hotels?
    ~Shelley

Whenever there is a consensus of where/when to meet each day, please someone keep me informed! Any suggestions for hotels?
    ~Shelley

Originally posted by The Queen
    That's weird according to that website they are only playing on Sunday, August 1? Someone needs to check up with them!!! I was planning to go to both dates and have told a bunch of newbies to go, and most of them are more available for the Saturday show!

No, they're listed both nights at 6p. Or maybe BG fixed it since you posted this.
    http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/CP/?...iNightsBands_2
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Wish I could help with hotels, but we usually drive up for the day and drive home late and doggone tired! I know that there are many in the area. It should be easy enough to find one, with the internet. Sorry if that's not helpful, but it's how I always find them myself, since I go for price ranges.

I will scope out a meeting place for everyone when we go there soon. I would think the Festhaus would be easy enough and near the venue for a meet up? I'll doublecheck and post.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast