Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fixx in Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA this summer!

Hey all! According to the Busch Gardens website, the concerts are performed in Festhaus Park behind Das Festhaus located in Germany.
    I'm sure that makes sense to some of you who have been there, but it's all greek (or should I say german?) to me!
    Admission to the park is outrageous... and with coming in from 6 hours away, we'd like to go to both shows. But with admission, parking, hotel and gas, we're looking at a very pricey trip to see the Fixx!
    I love the guys, but why oh why did they have to pick Busch Gardens to play at? Ugh!
    ~Shelley

Smile Loyalty

Just remember it may be far or pricey but you are supporting your favorite band Think of how far they had to travel (and away from their friends and family) to bring you their talents!
    I respect what Doctor Roger had posted somewhere here back in September I promise I won't beg for a free ride, perks, or ticket!
    Atlantic City here we come! 2 1/2 hours and pricey too but it is all good!

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    3 weeks to go

3.5 miles from BG is a Hilton Garden Inn- this would be the only hotel I've stayed in, in Wlmsbrg (thumbs up). Check the link. I know it has an indoor pool, not sure of an outdoor, and their website it trying my redheaded patience levels ; )~ trying to find out what it has.

I still haven't been to any other shows inside the park, so no pix yet---it is next to Festhaus. I'm confused on showtime. I've heard all BG shows start at 6:00, and I've read The Fixx start at 8:00 pm. Doesn't make a big difference.
    Link attempt 1 : )

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en...tyhocn=PHFWHGI

Lil edit: The Omni in Newport News is SWEET (2 thumbs up). Check link. (There's also a club there- Mitty's -more thumbs up-if it's still open, heehee) (if any fixxtures r around for the whole weekend & up for Mitty's, holla!).

This hotel is 17 miles from BG. This would be a lllooonnnggg 17 b/c I-64 traffic SUX after this exit. But it is a sweeeet hotel : ) http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/NewportNews.aspx
    Last edited by Cary C-Troll; 07-08-2010 at 07:17 PM.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Cool

Wife and I each broke down and purchased a one year BG season pass that includes free parking and 10% discount on food and beer.

We live in Chesapeake - 1 hour drive each way (105 mile round trip).

Now if we could just find a designated driver for one or both nights!

Hubby and I bought our VA passes too, but we didn't get the free parking with it. We went for July 3rd and saw some cool fireworks. They were worth the drive.

I scoped out the concert area, and it is to the left of the German Festhaus area. It's not a bad venue site. We can all meet inside the Festhaus by the back wall where the mural has a scene of two towers painted, I took a photo with my cell phone and have not downloaded...yet. Sorry, will do so eventually. It shouldn't be hard to find us fans, since there were not many people sitting in that section they were all crowding around the rest of the hall. Otherwise if people want to meet up outside there are large stairs and a large clock thing there too. Not hard to find.

We did have a fun day riding some rides, and just mostly walking around the park. I think I enjoyed watching the kids show of Pet Shenanigans more than anything, where they have people who work with cats, dogs, pigs, ducks, rats, birds, etc from animal shelters and put on a variety show for 20 mins. It's cute and entertaining. Plus a great endorsement for rescuing animals from shelters too.

The time went by very very fast, and we ended up parking way the heck out in some far new reaching parking lot, and by the time we got to the park it was almost an hour gone by! so plan for that and arrive EARLY!
    I am the winner in any event.

Def concur on the Festhaus. Hoo boy, this is going to be a wild night!

Edit: I booked my hotel - Country Inn (Pocahontas Dr.) The advance purchase was bunk! No such deal, or n/a. Go figure, ads & spam.

Day 1: Water park a.m., show p.m.
    Day 2: Sleep in (tons), show p.m.

I hope the hotel isn't loud given its location, I just thought of that. Kids running up and down hall boom boom boom BOOM BOOM YEahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Partiers don't bother me. Kids running is another!

Last edited by cageyJG; 07-15-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Discounts to BG

This is kinda irritating b/c now after most of you have probably bought your passes, I received coupons for Busch Gardens.

Private message me if you're interested: one coupon is $15 off for up to 6 guests on one day. The other coupon is 50% off admission one day. The restrictions say we can only use one coupon per day and guests have to check in with Jon b/c he has the Fun Pass. So, one coupon for Saturday, one for Sunday. I'll see what works out best, depending on replies.

Just days away now!

-Weird Science

PM sent!

Reading the Fine Print

I got it mixed up:

These coupons are good with either of our passes, so we can get a total of 7 people in at discounted prices on the same day if need be.

Don't be shy about asking---I want a GREAT turn-out for these shows, so that it translates to a GREAT idea for them to play BG again on another tour

again 50% off for one person
    $15 off for upto six people

No strings attached--I promise not to follow you everywhere once we're through the gate

-Weird Science

I just checked the Busch Gardens web site and it lists a Discovery Ticket for $69.95 that gives 1 person unlimited access to there plus the water park for 7 consecutive days. Sounds like the best deal for us. Does not include parking but we were hoping to take a taxi from our hotel anyway so we could partake in a good German beer or two before, during, and maybe even after the show. Hope to meet up with all of you there. We haven't met
    too many coastal fixxtures -usually just the midwest crowd.

Jeannie and George

Hi Jeannie!

Can't wait to meet you

-Weird Science

I will call guest relations tomorrow and try to get a FIXX on the start time.

I'd like to meet up with y'all. I will be at the Festhaus at least an hour prior to start. PM or e-mail me if you'd like my cell. I remember some of you guys at Mohegan Sun staked out a table about 5 hours prior to show. Someone save me a spot somewhere up front and I'll save you one at the bar!

Hi Cagey,

Festhaus is the plan- shows start at 6:00 pm, but time to meet up hasn't been determined. The Queen & Taralynn will be meeting up with us--yay! We've all been kinda slow working all this out. Will call you when I have a meet up time.

I've confirmed a no go on TheBunBun, but she will see them in FL!
    And I will miss Carrie/Fixxfan and her enthusiasm this time around

I tried to get Wingo to come out with one of my coupons haha

-Weird Science

Talking

I may go check out The Bangles there this weekend and see what the concert venue is like. If we're lucky, we may actually be able to hear the band over the screams of all the children that will be running wild all over the place.

Maybe next year the band will consider booking a gig at Chuck E. Cheese.

GREAT!!

EXCELLENT !!!

FINALLY!
    Some excitement, planning, and comeradie associated with this tour!! I was getting a little worried there as the tour is upon us (ONE WEEK) and there's not been much talk on this board....

So is there an Irish Pub at or near BG in Va.?? I see you talking about Das Festhaus.... but is there an Irish bar there?

AND I get to see The Queen??? YAY!! Jeanne and George? Taralynn and ? Cary n Jon Troll? Lisa Musegirl? Shellular and Marky? Coastalite?? CageyJC ?

Who else is coming? I hope to see you all at the gathering place...please post when it's confirmed!

Very exciting and refreshing to see others joining in the anticipation and countdown to Busch Gardens! And, do they have a shoot out the red star amusement arcade game?

OK, so one week till a fantastic show and seems like "The Party's ON" !!

And I'm not forgetting the Florida and New Jersey fans, can't WAIT to see everyone...

Much Love from Dr. Roger

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast