Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Fixx in Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA this summer!

Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
    I've confirmed a no go on TheBunBun, but she will see them in FL!
    Mission scrubbed!

I hope you have a great time in VA, I can't believe it's less than a week away for us FL fans! Hurry up and get here!!!!!!!

Getting excited about the concert! Definitely need to arrive early due to parking situation and how it can be a while to walk around to the venue, would hate to have them start without us!

Doctor Roger it will be so cool to meet you too! and all the other Fixxtures!

I can't remember how to post photos on here!
    I am the winner in any event.

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Hi everyone- can't wait to see you all next weekend. Once inside the park, Germany is definitely a good steep walk away. Busch Gardens has trams to shuttle you to & from the parking lot- even from the auxillary lot across Rt 60.

Roger, checking for Irish pubs. Found this link, it may be of use to Jeannie and others for restaurants and entertainment as well.

http://www.ontheline.com/taverns/list.html

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

review of the venue

We went to see The Bangles last night at Busch Gardens, and I gotta say, those cougars rocked. I wanted to scope out the venue, and I must say, it is nicer than what I had expected, but it was just too hot outside. The heat index was 115 degrees - hotter than Georgia asphalt. It's probably why they only played around 75 or 80 minutes, rather than the scheduled time of 90 minutes. If you walked all the way to the bathroom and back, you would have missed half the show (more on that later).

The show promptly started at 6pm, so I'm guessing The Fixx will also start at 6pm and only go for 90 minutes. What is with concerts these days? 90 minutes? That's more like a warm up than an actual concert. So, I'm a little disappointed that a 90 minute warm up now passes as a "concert".

Anyway, a couple of tips: You can rent a lawn chair for $10 to sit on the grass, otherwise you can bring a towel or a blanket if you feel like lugging it around the park. There's a nice sloping hill, so everyone has a good view. They have minimal vending of beer/water/sodas and a small selection of food. Keep in mind, prices inside the park are inflated, so we brought in a few unopened bottles of water in our backpacks (allowed) along with a towel. My only real complaint was that the nearest bathroom was a quarter mile walk back to the Festhaus, so if you are drinking a lot of beer and you have a small bladder, you are screwed. It will probably take you 7-10 minutes to trek back and forth, so if the concert is only 90 minutes, well, you do the math. Luckily, vodka in a water bottle looks like water (hint hint), therefore, I didn't have to spend half the set walking to the bathrooms. As for beer, in the Festhaus, they had Shock Top and Guinness on tap and the usual 16 oz cans of bud, bud light, bud light lime, etc. Plan to spend about $7 for a 16 oz can or a 20 oz draft. Cameras and video are allowed. No coolers.

Yay!

I am getting SO excited for this weekend after reading everyone's posts! We are definitely heading down... got tix and a room for both Sat & Sun! We are staying at some Holiday Inn Patriot...not sure how nice it is but it has an outdoor pool and a lounge! All the necessities! But it says it's 7 miles away... so by the time we get there Sat, check in and find the park and venue... ugh, I HOPE we aren't late! Someone save us a spot up front! And a cold drink!
    Anyone can send me a message as to when/where everyone will be meeting and what is up for after the show.
    Looking forward to seeing all of yins! (Pittsburghese)
    ~Shelley & Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Shelley

I just want to say one thing right now:

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOO"

I just noticed that the FB link is saying that the show starts at 8:00 pm, but all other sources list them starting at 6:00 pm. The local paper even states 6:00pm! I would plan to be there for a 6:00 pm show and not risk missing out.

Can't wait to hear them live again and meet more Fixxtures! woooo hoooo!!!

I don't know any places in the Williamsburg area, so sorry to be of no use for that, but I am sure that the folks who are staying in nearby hotels will be able to scope out someplace decent. I have full confidence!
    I am the winner in any event.

We're all checked in and less than 1 mile down the road! Weather station says mid 80's and not as humid. Going to the park around 1 or 2 today (Sat.) Excited about the set list !!!!!!!!!! Going to miss some fellow fixxtures who couldn't be here this time but will be thinking about you all.

Later,
    Jeannie and George

Show was great and had a great time hanging out last night. Now we gotta do it all over again! Oh, it's tough!
    See you all soon!
    ~Shelley

Didn't get the set list for Sat. show but here is Sunday's:

SHUT
    ZERO
    ENOUGH
    DRIVEN
    YESTERDAY
    FOOL
    LETTER
    ARE WE
    THING
    EVERY1
    CAMPHOR
    BUILT
    STAND
    WOMAN
    FATAL
    SKIES
    ----------
    DEEPER
    SECRET

yeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I had a great time both nights.

I really lucked out that Jamie threw his guitar pick to me at the end of Sunday's show - and I'm still in shock over it. It's a REALLY worn pick, too.

I saw a lot of familiar faces there, although I didn't really get a chance to meet anyone. Hope they come around again soon.

Last edited by coastalite; 08-03-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Awesome!!!!

WOW! Had an awesome time in Busch Gardens with Josh, Queen, many Fixxtures, and the guys!

It was great to see Queen, Dr. Roger, Cary C Troll, Jeannie, Shellular and Mark, and Jeannie at the show.

Saturday was a great show. Of course the guys were great but added to that was the whole OMG-I-haven't-seen-them-in-over-a-year-and-I'm-glad-they-are-here feeling. The last time I saw the guys was in Fairfax, VA in June 2010. It was freaking hot on Saturday and I am grateful to JustLinda for handing me some SPF 45 in the middle of the show. I needed it! There was a large crowd and they were really into the show. Heard Camphor played live for the first time! I think it was the first time I heard A Letter To Both Sides live (love that song!). Very, very nice. They really shook up the setlist and I loved it! The energy was really high on stage.

Sunday was rainy but cool. Luckily, the concert wasn't cancelled. The rain slacked off in time for the show but it didn't stop. A lot of people braved the rain and were rewarded with another great show. Sunday night was more subdued but still intense. Again, the setlist changed (Shut It Out, Saved By Zero, How Much Is Enough, Driven Out, Yesterday Today, The Fool, A Letter to Both Sides, Are We Ourselves, One Thing, Everyone Believes, Camphor, Built For The Future, Stand or Fall, Woman on A Train, Fatal Ground, Red Skies, (encore) Deeper and Deeper, and Secret Separation). Fatal Ground is my favorite live song ever.

Had an amazing weekend! Too many thanks to go around.

Fixxtures: me, Dr. Roger, Cary, Jeannie, and Queen.

More Fixxtures: Cary, me, JustLinda, Mark, Shellular, Jeannie, Mark, and Queen.

More photos: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._JulyAug_2010/
    You know me, I'm the dark horse that just might win the race.

Just a quick thanks to everyone who made our trip so fun. It was a pleasure to meet so many new fixxtures and have the time to get to know them. I feel like I've made some real friends and you will all be welcomed with open arms if you should ever want to visit the midwest.
    Special thanks to :
    Cy, Jamie, Rupert, Dan, and Adam for being so generous with their time and putting on 2 amazing shows. Camphor - Live - words cannot express my joy.

Adam's family - Thanks for sharing part of your visit to America with me. We were all touched by how much love you all share and we hope you could feel our love for Adam as well.

Roger - Thanks for hooking us up. Hope we made you proud as fans and didn't cause you too much trouble.

Cary Troll - Thanks for all the interesting conversation and for being my chauffeur. I watched I'm on a Boat - LOL but how did that ever play on SNL.
    I'm on a BLEEP BLEEP boat. HAHAHAHA

Mark and Shellular - It would nawt have been the same without yins.

Jeannie

I canít say it enough: THEY WERE AWESOME! They groove, they were tight : ) Iím ready for next tour!

Itís sooo freakiní fun to see them live with a group of fanatical friends, mutually awestruck- Fixxtures, you guys rock! It was great to see The Queen, Taralyn, Shellular, Mark, JustLinda, and Musegirl again. My pleasure to meet wonderful Jeannie29 and CageyJG! I hope the Cary-taxi didnít scare you ; ) Yes, I do see there are lines in the road and I should choose one lane, but whatever. Extra thanks and much love to Dr. Roger and The Fixx!

-Weird Science

I'm on a Boat

Jeannie,

T-Pain! OMG SNL played it with bleeps. haha Adam Samberg is a genius! There are parodies of it on Youtube. The night I saw it, I cried for laughing so hard, checked Youtube and SNL site to add it to Myspace. The viewer count was maybe 34 or something low. On Monday morning, I had to share it with my disciple trolls at church and the views were already in the millions---two days later!!! Hysterical---everytime---enjoy!

It's about to go down mofos ; ) I got my swimtrunks and my flippy floppies, I'm flippin' burgers, you at Kinkos straight flippin' copies. LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg

As real as it gets.

-Weird Science

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast