Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: someone shake the **** can !

My Two Cents

Hello All! Looks like the poop can is being shaken! With the new album and tour coming, we are all excited and "chompin' at the bit" to hear the new material and see the new show.

It's good to see the interest is still there and although there's not much new (yet) to discuss until the release, the speculation and excitement is building to a cresendo. How great it will be to see each other as we once again support our favorite band. Personally, I'm just as excited to see my FIXX friends as I am to see the band and hear the album!

I don't know about others, but I can say that some of the best friends I've made are reading this board. It was so great to see many of you on the Cy/Nick tour, and all I heard about and was asked about had to do with this new album and tour. If I had a dollar for each person who wants a live show in their town, I could retire!

Although not involved with the politics of booking FIXX shows, I know that there's much work going on to increase the number of shows/cities for the upcoming tour. It's a very delicate job to negotiate, route, and contractually finalize any and all shows. Hats off to Rob Dillman for his planning, hard work, and for doing all he can to advance the interests and popularity of the band. His track record speaks for itself. I am totally on board in support of Rob's efforts, and hope you are as well.

So, with my two cents thrown in, I look forward to seeing many fellow fans at whatever shows we can make it to.

With Much Love to All..

Dr. Roger

full tracks 8 in fact

Whistle a few bars for us, I'll put my ear to the monitor.

The Fixx at the Fraze.....has a nice ring to it.

Las Vegas ...all 54 years of the life so far
    i sure hope LADY LUCK pulls strings for "FiXX n Vegas" 2010...
    no matter the venue . Hope everyone is doing well .
    gregory

Unhappy Sadness

Just wanted to let some of my Fixx friends know that I am going to be disconnected from my computer as of next Friday unlesss I get a laptop which I never did do as planned! I could not post this at FaceBook because there's a few people (relatives) that aren't to have knowledge of the changes happening. A slightly dysfunctional family!
    The time is finally here that my husband's father is going to need Hospice Care. He is in the final stage of cancer. We chose to let him move in with us to help comfort him in his final weeks. So Dad is taking over my computer area which is in an enclosed den. It is my favorite room of the house as it has sliding doors to our deck and our yard looks like a park. He has double windows that he can look out of from his bed when he becomes bedridden. So I find it a cheery place to be. We are having the last "hootnanny" as he calls it for July 4th and we are going on our last family vacation with him to the Jersey Shore. Sadly when we return home, the Hospice Team will be ready to progress in aiding us along to keep him at peace.
    I planned on attending The Fixx concert at the end of July in Atlantic City , but now I am not sure if I will be able to attend as his prognosis was 3 to 4 weeks. I wish all my fellow Fixxtures to enjoy the shows and please post about it so I can stay in the loop. I will try to check the message board and Facebook from my parents' home if I get to leave for small breaks during these weeks.
    Love, Hope, Strength will have an even greater meaning to us. This year my husband said he will join in on the walkathon to honour his dad's memory. John "Jack" Maloney has a rare and very aggressive cancer - Cancer of the Gallbladder. He amazed the doctors in how long he actually was able to live with this cancer. A tough man that said he is going down fighting and that indeed is what kept him here thus far. Please keep us in your thoughts and/or prayers. Thanks! - Sherri (aka Rockerchic)

Sherri, my love to you and Kevin and the girls.

Will be looking to hear from you when you're able to post again.
    God bless you and keep you....

John
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Unhappy Update

My father-in-law is in the dying process right now. It can be hours or it can be til' the end of the weekend. Cancer is a very agonizing disease. One week ago today he had moved in with me. He was still full of life and ambulating. By Monday, he had gotten psychotic and belligerent with me. I almost considered sending him away but then I explored my options with the Hospice Care Team and decided to tough it out. Tough it has been. He did mellow out and become like a kitten towards me as he slips in and out of coherency. My support system in the home has really not worked out. My husband and his brothers just do the bare minimum. I have been pretty much the primary caregiver as well as hostess to all the visitors walking thru my door.
    Last night was the absolute worse night as he had a temperature that was nearly 104. I had an on call nurse come to the home to coach me thru what to do thru the night. I am living on adrenaline and an hour and a half of sleep. I know people never want to say goodbye to their loved ones but after seeing how this disease progressed and turn a once strong man into a skeleton, I pray God takes him tonight!
    Sadly I may have to still forfeit my concert tix to see Squeeze and Cheap Trick this weekend but there is hope I may still get to see The Fixx after all. Lights at the end of this tunnel are indeed a blessing! Hoping I don't get delirious should my father-in-law hold on for longer than what the nurses say, cause quite honestly I feel like I am about to collapse from exhaustion. I motivate myself thinking of day trips that I plan to fill the remainder of the summer with as we recover from this loss and the grueling experience of care giving.
    I am using my parents' computer as I never did get to purchase the laptop nor would I have had time at all this week to have gone on line. I needed to get out of my home for a change of scenery while I knew my father-in-law was in a drug induced sleep so here I am. Hope to be back on line by next weekend! Hope my fellow Fixxtures are all doing well!

That some crazy stories Sherri. Hope you get through all the hard times.
    BTW im originally from NJ too.

Dan
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

Love, Hope, Strength

RIP:
    My Father-in-law has passed away a week ago today. His last hours were pleasant. I had played an audio of the ocean for him while he took his last breaths. His look of fear and agony turned to the most peaceful in the last hour. "Dad" loved the Jersey Shore and I was happy to have spent many summers with him. This summer was the saddest for us to have to face but we did what we had to do as his children to make him comforted in our home, the place in which he chose to die.
    He had the best send off ever. A military funeral, and of course being Irish, we had a bagpiper. First class all the way out of this world and into the next

Continue On with the Mission for the Local and Global Cancer Charity Known as Love, Hope, Strength:
    I will walk again (this year I believe is my 4th) in the Walkathon for Love, Hope,Strength. The Walkathon is Saturday, September 11th around 7:30 a.m. and is followed by a full weekend of a free MusicFest. Love,Hope,Strength founder Mike Peters will perform and then later that evening, he and his band The Alarm will perform at a local bar called The Crossroads.
    This year I walk in Jack Maloney's memory. A man who was a socialite and loved life to it's fullest!
    My husband and his brother are joining me. We are going to be making up buttons or shirts with Dad on it and anticipate more people to join us. I will be looking for pledges and any amount big or small is welcomed. All proceeds go to the local hospital for children with cancer and also funds will go this year across the seas. I will give a full report in regards to that when I have one. If anyone would like to pledge just notify me here and I will forward information on where to mail it. Thanks!

Great News:
    Ironically, while my father-in-law was ill, my Pastor had asked me more about Love,Hope, Strength. He wants our church to take on this charity as part of our mission and also set up a Bone Marrow Drive. I told him when I get my head back together after all our mourning is thru that we will get it in the works. This has been such a moving experience. It proves and defines there is a silver lining in every dark cloud.

P.S.:
    Thanks to all my Fixx Friends for all the kind words expressing sympathy and support to my family and myself. I have still only been able to borrow a computer every few days but have seen or heard about the messages at my Facebook Page. Hugs to all of you and I do hope to see some of you at The Fixx concert in Atlantic City! Call if ya' want to chill out with us - my cell
    (908) 447-0641 -

Sherri (aka Rockerchic)

Re: new material

Originally posted by jcurnin
    just heard some of the new tracks off the upcoming record. it is fantastic.
    Well, that's really good news! Thanks for giving the board here a shot in the arm!

...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Re: Re: new material

Originally posted by Cygnet
    Well, that's really good news! Thanks for giving the board here a shot in the arm!

Thanks for supplying the ice to go with that shot

Now with "Something Ahead of You", a big "Cy" of renewed freshness and all things Fixxed - hope you are all having a nice summer! Well I am off to A.C. to get a lil' dosing of great medicine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12