Thread: Live chat with the Fixx

Live chat with the Fixx

I was just curious. Has the Fixx ever had a live chat on myspace or Live Stream with their fans?

I think it would be cool to beable to ask them questions, and find out news about them, live.

Just curious.

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

IT on Ustream

I've seen two live broadcasts of IT in studio clowning & music was made : ) Ustream has a chat feature or message stream as well. Don't know if it's a new site/concept, but I'd love to see more of them & OMG if The Fixx did this- hello.

Watch for IT or Nick to post a link to Ustream from FB or Twitter when they're broadcasting- I hope they do it again. Voyeurism rocks.

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Thank you for replying to this, I was hoping someone would.

I chatted with 30 seconds to mars on ustream. I chatted with Ashton Kutcher to which I think was ustream. He was in a conference talking about hitech stuff. I would truly love if the fixx would do this, it lets you get to know them and them get to know you.

Ustream

edelweiss,
    word. I wish. OK- starting a petition...

-Weird Science

It think 30 seconds to mars was on livestream. It has been awhile.

I agree lets start a petition, there has been many who have viewed this topic. So they must be interested too.

O'kay who do we talk to about this topic.

I often wonder the same kinds of questions about these fora in general.

I know this has been asked somewhere at least once (probably 50 times), but does The Fixx ever come here? If I had a forum all about me, I'd be on there daily.

Oh, and I URGENTLY NEED TO REQUEST A SONG FROM THE FIXX for the Williamsburg concert!!! ('I'm Life') I have already been to two of their awesome shows and I could rest easy if I ever saw this live. Then if they were receptive, I'd plead for a song or two from "Want That Life" like 'Roger and Out' or 'Taking the Long Way Home'.

Originally posted by cageyJG
    I
    Oh, and I URGENTLY NEED TO REQUEST A SONG FROM THE FIXX for the Williamsburg concert!!! ('I'm Life') I have already been to two of their awesome shows and I could rest easy if I ever saw this live. Then if they were receptive, I'd plead for a song or two from "Want That Life" like 'Roger and Out' or 'Taking the Long Way Home'.
    I'm with you for "Roger and Out"...I love that song, and don't think it ever received anywhere near the kind of attention or pubic airing it deserves. Would be great if they could play it.
    I am the winner in any event.

Darn it, I meant "I Live," not "I'm Life." I must have been thinking about the scene in Miami Vice that day- WTH

Vice Junkie : )

Cagey- good find! I am a Vice Junkie---not sure if there is another thread on the board about Fixx music in Miami Vice episodes, but Phantom Living was also used in a season 2 episode "Tale of the Goat". I'll see if there's a Youtube clip of it--very likely. There are sites with full episodes and then bits & pieces all over YT.

-Weird Science

A vice junkie, you say?? That is very good! The Fixx has their very own topic on http://www.miamiviceonline.com/, I encourage you (and anyone else) to head on over there, register, and put a little more "Vice" in your life!!!

Have never seen a YouTube clip of Phantom Living, so far. Played that one in my car earlier today, and for some reason I kept thinking Todd Rundgren did that, then I did a double-take and realized I was thinking of 'Tiny Demons.' Not sure how I confused the two. Well, it is HOT down here, and maybe my brain is fried. When you guys all come to Williamsburg, make sure your AC works, hat/sunscreen - everything you can do not to roast!

I just found a clip on YT of the song titled something like Miamivice The Fixx...I've already forgotten- dang. It doesn't have vice scenes or any pix whatsoever.

Word. I'm in Hampton Roads---it's hot, and I just walked a mile in the humidity. 100 degrees I think yesterday. But BG park is very, very shady. Will go tomorrow.

-Weird Science

Thumbs up

I host an online radio show and we typically interview musicians and fans can call in and ask questions. The catch is each guest has some kind of connection with Todd Rundgren. The discussions aren't centered around that connection but it's our theme for picking guests.

With that being said, we make exceptions on occasion or stretch it a little. Cy once said he wished The Fixx could do a song with Todd or something along those lines so that's good enough for me . In fact, I mentioned to Cy that we'd like to have him on when we thought we were going to book a Fixx gig.

OK, cut to the chase, I can pursue this if y'all are interested. We're in our 3rd year and we've had a lot of musicians on our show and not just your everyday house band members either --- John Oates, Andy Partridge (XTC), Greg Hawkes (The Cars), Todd Rundgren of course, Michael Urbano (Smash Mouth), Rick Derringer, and Bourgeois Tagg to name a few. Most of the guests stay on over an hour and the show runs 2 hours. It's not a live chat -- it's better!

The show with Andy is a great example of how the show was intended to be -- mostly callers and a great talkative guest ...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/runt/20...Rundgren-Radio

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Wait, BizFan, you're Doug, right? Saw your thread over in the All About You forum and thought your words sounded familiar. You booked Todd Rundgren's AWATS and Healing show, right? Todd had been having trouble finding good gig opportunities, but you've done well for him. I haven't made it to shows because I couldn't travel then, but know a few folks who did (Roger and CeCe Linder, for two). I know you were discouraged in trying to book The Fixx, but I hope something does work out there. The radio thing sounds interesting, also - Rundgren Radio has been rolling strong.

Cy has very kind words for Todd's music. Hope you can catch The Fixx at a festival this summer and introduce yourself to them. Good folks.
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow