Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velvet Sessions July 29

Velvet Sessions July 29

I got my tickets! Is anyone else going?

I will definitely be there. Still have to get my tickets. Thanks for the post. I didn't know they were available yet. They were great there last time. I think they played Facing the Wind.
    Skippy

I have been getting Velvet Sessions emails since the last time the Fixx played there. Once I ordered my tickets online, they had me print them off my computer.

You do have to create an account with them before you order your tickets. Don't you know that my ink cartridge started to run out once I started to print them! I took the cartridge out and tapped it, I put it back in and they printed.

Although I haven't signed back on my VS account, I'm pretty sure they allow you to sign back on and can print them at a later time if you have to. They give you an option to order VIP tickets for $50 each. I ordered the $25 tickets.

There are some older posts on the board about Velvet Sessions info if you are interested in reading them. There's a lot of good info.

DelMarVA (Eastern Shore of MD...1/2 hr from Ocean)

FLA info

This month’s Velvet Sessions concert at Universal Orlando’s Hard Rock Hotel will be headlined by The Fixx, the English band best known for the song “One Thing Leads to Another.”

The group will perform July 29 in the lobby of the Hard Rock. Admission is $30, but $25 if purchased in advance. That ticket gets you free (but specified) specialty drinks and finger foods from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Then it’s cash bar and concert time. Parking is free.

More details at www.velvetsessions.com.
    Norman Umberger
    Environmental Engineer
    Fixxture since the early 80s
    fav bands: Crack the Sky, King Crimson, emmet swimming, Rush, Marillion/Fish, and more

Thanks for the info Crackhead.

See you there Skippy!

I'm hoping to be there! It's always a good time.
    Kat
    http://www.examiner.com/x-25988-Orlando-Local-Music-Examiner

Ok seeing as how I lost contact for a month,so glad to see the show is in July!I thought I missed it.Need some help here to get tickets for this show or the Largo show.Yes I waited til the last minute and thought I missed out on all.So please if I could some help here would be greatfully appreciated.Thanks all Rhonda.I just had a hard time for a bit and was out of touch.
    My sentimental friend we`ll walk as one again,one day.M.Ure

E-ticket

I just purchased my e-ticket. When I printed it out, it cut off the bar code. It looks like you can only print it once. I called tix.com but they are only open M-F Pacific. I e-mailed the Loews Hotel guy who sent a confirmation but was wondering if anyone has any suggestion. Thanks.

Kathleen

You can print it as many times as you want, till you get it printed right, I guess. It can only be scanned once. I had this problem in the past and got confused too.
    I am the winner in any event.

Thanks so much. K

Since I've never been to Largo or VS venues, where's a good place for all Fixxtures to meet up before the shows?

At Velvet Sessions it's just the lobby of the hotel for the show, there's a bar off to the side called the velvet lounge with 2 different rooms. I myself like to head right to the front of the stage area to secure a good viewing space since I'm so short.
    Kat
    http://www.examiner.com/x-25988-Orlando-Local-Music-Examiner

Originally posted by Kat32807
    I myself like to head right to the front of the stage area to secure a good viewing space since I'm so short.
    That's my usual plan for concerts, I'm short too.

I am working on it,had to rent a car because my back situation,hoping to be there.I guess I am off the "short list"though.I stand almost 5'9.But can`t wait will be a last minute choice for me.
    My sentimental friend we`ll walk as one again,one day.M.Ure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast