Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sausalito Show

Sausalito Show

I saw that we will have company at the Sausalito show !! According to the fair website, MODERN ENGLISH will open, then the FIXX, and then the Bangles. It's an afternoon show, again, according to the website.

If true, this makes for an eclectic mix musically, and a potentially HUGE crowd.

Looking forward to this and many more big shows!

Dr. Roger

I am so excited to see my favorite band again so close to home, and I hope to introduce everyone to my wife, Susanna Hoffs-Wingert, after The Bangles gig! Party at my house!

__ __
    Wings
    With mental wingo I'm nearly flying

YOU DOG !

CONGRATS TIPPY !!! Had No idea you up and got married! Who's the lucky gal? Look forward to meeting her at the sausalito show.... SO happy for you my friend!

Only a couple of weeks away now.... can't wait to see you and meet Suzanna! I bet it's YOU who has the "banjo on your Knee" hahaha ! XX

Dr. Roger

um Rog - Susanna Hoffs is with The Bangles - Wingo's fantasy woman. So, until the Wedding - he will have to settle for a couple of wild redheads on his arms.

Sincerely,

Mrs Hagar
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

OH ****

What a dumb *** I am...OMG TIPPY you really got me !! You're STILL a dog, even more so now!

Sorry all for not remembering who Suzanna is.... here I thought Tipster up and eloped!

So does that mean the party's off too?? hahahaha

Dr. Roger

P.S. Thanks Pippi for putting on blast how clueless I am!

hahahaha - sorry Rog - See you in Santa Cruz!

Great show today! Perfect weather, wine, beer, art and music.

Camphor
    Deeper and Deeper
    Driven Out
    Secret Separation
    Red Skies
    One Thing
    Are We Ourselves?
    Woman On A Train
    Saved By Zero

I know Im forgetting a few more.
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

Today's show in Sausalito was truly amazing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was the best sounding mix I have heard in a long time. I must have been in a sweet spot or, more likely, Scott Robinson worked his magic with perfect mastery. Every instrument and voice was perfectly audible with proper tone and EQ.

It was also the biggest crowd I've seen for Fixx gig in a long time. I was very pleased at how packed the place was. I couldn't even get close to the stage and ended up stuck about 20 feet back or so.

The boys performed to a tee.

Sorry I missed Tara Lyn. Sorry I missed Noreen (although I can see by your photo angle you were right in front of us). Saw Pippi & Bash but only briefly. There was so much going on with The Fixx being the middle act, equipment coming and going and such, it was tough to keep track of folks.

The Bangles were pretty hot (still), and they sounded good too.

In addition to the songs listed above, they also did...

Shut It Out
    Built for the Future
    Fatal Shore
    Stand or Fall
    Yesterday, Today
    The Fool
    Everyone Believes

There might have been a couple more tunes. I don't have the setlist. How Much might have been in there.

A beautiful day by the bay.

I concur with Steve's assessment of the show. Great fun! It was great seeing Pippi, Bash, Julie, Donna and Steve again! I, too, missed Tara Lyn

I did meet Mrs Hoffs-Wingert though - surprisingly a petite beauty and sweet and gracious.

Great show and acoustics and yes, wow, what a huge enthusiastic crowd!!

wings

PS. Thanks Roger!

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Saw The Fixx twice this weekend - Santa Cruz and Sausalito - amazing as always. So good to see everyone here in the bay area! (I know there are a couple of you trying to reach me by phone - please leave a message and I will call you back tomorrow when I'm out of a cell phone dead zone I'm stuck in.)

Meantime, photos! www.bashtography.com
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Awesome bashtogs, as always!! Love Rupe's reaction to the temp eqpt failure lol. He made another face about that time reminiscent of his facebook photo of being chased by T. Rex. Good job!

Apologies, I neglected to mention it was nice seeing Noreen too, however briefly. Haven't seen her in a long time! And my friend, Ross, a known and professional rock star photographer. And Kevin, VideoDude!

Originally posted by wingo395
    I concur with Steve's assessment of the show. Great fun! It was great seeing Pippi, Bash, Julie, Donna and Steve again! I, too, missed Tara Lyn

I did meet Mrs Hoffs-Wingert though - surprisingly a petite beauty and sweet and gracious.

Great show and acoustics and yes, wow, what a huge enthusiastic crowd!!

wings

PS. Thanks Roger!

Thanks for the terrific photography, Bash & Steve (as usual)! For those of us who were unable to travel out west for these shows, it is good to be able to get a glimpse of the action. Great set list, wish I could have been there with all my west coast friends xoxo
    Alli

Well, we had a great time at the Sausalito Art Festival this year. The Fixx were superb, and we managed to 'squeeze' our way to the front of the crowd so my kids were able to really enjoy the show. All the people I met were very gracious to my children--sharing our love of all things Fixx with others was truly amazing!

Also went back to watch the Bangles, and while their music was not my favorite back in the day, I found myself becoming a Bangles fan--met some great Banglephiles too-we were partying!
    Wish I could have met a few other W. coast Fixxtures, but that did not seem to work out. Loved the venue, the champagne, fabulous artworks, the gorgeous views, etc. A very beautiful day in Sausalito.

Until Next time...

what more can I add?! I had an AMAZING time at both shows! Great songs were pulled out of the archives - along with the classic favorites. GREAT to see ALL of my Fixxture buddies as well as the boys in the band! I has such a wonderful weekend! love you guys!

Pip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast