Thread: Volunteers for Upcoming Tour-Thanks!

Volunteers for Upcoming Tour-Thanks!

Thanks to those of you who (immediately!) PM'd to volunteer to help out on this upcoming tour. Truly, the FIXX fans are the best!

For those of you who are attending any of the shows listed on the site, if you want to help with possible things like selling merchandise, etc., please PM me here on the FIXX site. I will keep a city by city list and please include your cell number.

Please note that there are no free tickets for this tour. Not that anyone is saying that the band isn't worth the price of admission, but so there's no flood of freebie requests, I need to put that out there to stem the inevitable tide.

As usual, we'll do our best to get the true fans (YOU) as much access and face time as we can, with priority given to the volunteer helpers. But, as you can see, we are joining with other headline bands, so security will be tighter that a flea on a hound I'm sure.

This tour covers alot of ground and markets. It also exposes the band to many fans and press, both on the FIXX merits along with the other bands like TODD RUNDGREN (!!??!!). WOW, now THAT'S a nice pairing don't you think? This promises to be a memorable, fun set of shows.

Thanks again to all who volunteer (and those who don't), just everyone let's go to these shows and pack in the FIXX cheering sections!

Hope to see YOU next month! With much love....

Dr. Roger

I will volunteer like a shot, if the band play in the UK next time
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

WOW!

WOW! I'm very humbled by all the offers to help out. We have every stop covered volunteer-wise, with maybe one spot left to fill (if needed-on call) for St. Louis.

I say "If Needed-On call ' as things are still fluid at this point. But like the Troopers and Great fans you are, you agree and remain ready for the call.

There's alot of excitement and positive energy surrounding this tour, and it seems to be spreading like wildfire!

Let me also clarify something.... regarding the statement that "Roger said no meet and greet, after show parties, etc."

The reality for this tour is that the band and management are putting more emphasis on production, technical expertise, and as you know we are sharing the bill with other artists on almost all of these shows. That doesn't mean that the band doesn't want to see you afterwards, it's just that I can't plan for that until day of show. Other tasks have priority like possible press conferences, interviews, you know, the things that will bode well for the future of the band. Naturally though, if there's time and a way to say hi afterwards, the band will certainly want to see you all like always. It's just that other things need to be covered first and foremost. So as a result, there's no way to commit to the after show things. We have to play that by ear....

Those of you that know me realize that I'm a big fan first and foremost, but also working with and trying to help the band in any way I can. I also want to see my friends on the road, I treasure the friendships I've made with fellow Fixxtures. But on this tour, the band is setting priorities and so I'm answering that call to the best of my ability.

So please, don't "Shoot The Messenger" as you know I'll do my best to accomodate everyone if it's at all possible. I only ask that you don't get upset if it doesn't feel or seem like the usual face time we enjoy. So I hope those of you on the fence will come, support your band, see other acts along with our guys, and thanks so much for the volunteering and the understanding! And I mean this....With Much Love,

Dr. Roger

Re: WOW!

Originally posted by Doctor Roger
    WOW! I'm very humbled by all the offers to help out. We have every stop covered volunteer-wise, with maybe one spot left to fill (if needed-on call) for St. Louis.

I say "If Needed-On call ' as things are still fluid at this point. But like the Troopers and Great fans you are, you agree and remain ready for the call.
    Hey Roger!
    I saw that you said you need a STL volunteer, didn't you get my PM that I sent on the 16th of August?? I never heard a reply about assistance...

Hi Roger! Unfortunately I didn't get back to the board until today... However, you will be seeing me in Irvine next weekend.

Sheryl