Thread: Love,Hope,Strength 2010

Love,Hope,Strength 2010

Here we are again at that time of year when Love,Hope,Strength hosts it's Walkathon/5K Run. Once again I am walking in the Walkathon. Most of you already know that this year I am walking in memory of my father-in-law, John " Jack" Maloney who has passed away (from cancer) on July 17th at my home.

The Love,Hope,Strength walkathon/5KRun will take place on the morning of September 11th. It is always followed by a free music fest and open to anyone! Very big names this year in the music lineup and the headliner on the 11th will be Train!

I have been a member of the Love,Hope,Strength Walkathons since it's inception 4 years ago. In addition, I am a proud supporter of many of their trekkers that go to tops of the mountains. (Feel free to look me up on MySpace or Facebook to see past photos of the Walkathon/MusicFest).

*This year I have an exciting addition - my church is becoming involved. I am not going to preach to you but just proud to say that we do mission work and they approached me to take on Love,Hope,Strength as one of our missions since Love,Hope,Strength supports cancer both locally and internationally. We so far have a group of about 23 walkers and runners. Our goal is to raise at least $2000.00 or more (but in today's economy - not sure if it is realistic?) THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN! I need your help in pledging me! No matter what amount -big or small - we can together make a difference in saving a life! Please message me if you have a kind heart and a dollar to spare. I always send a follow up letter to my supporters along with photos and a token gift of my appreciation. Love,Hope,Strength needs you and so do I. Thank you for any consideration! - Sherri Maloney (aka here as Rockerchic) from Union, New Jersey

*** More exciting Love,Hope,Strength news - besides the Bone Marrow Drive being held at the Walkathon/MusicFest. My church also will host one for Love,Hope,Strength at our BBQ in October.

Okay so I am not going to talk about religion but want to share a spiritual moment or a moment of fate - Love,Hope,Strength allows people to put loved ones names on Tibetan Prayer Flags that they trek up the mountains with. Hundreds of flags go with them. Coincidentally, I was looking thru photos of one of their events, and the only one with a closeup shot in those hundreds that I spied was John Maloney's! How cool was that? Mind you that I did not know the trekkers for that event nor did I know the photographer. The flag went to Pike's Peak(Colorado) , Snowdon (Wales), and now onto Mount Fuji (Japan).
    Thanks for taking a moment to read this and sorry if it took away from a Fixx moment! Don't forget though that Cy Curnin is also running a contest for Love,Hope,Strength. All proceeds go to Love,Hope,Strength - no matter which event you pledge. Please show your support if not for me, at least Cy!

Smile Thanks

Posted about the above at Facebook and have been getting pledges '
    A few of them are fellow Fixx friends. I want to say thank you for your continued support ! There is still time to pledge. Please consider helping Love,Hope,Strength! Any amount big or small will be appreciated.

Cool Love,Hope,Strength Blog

Thanks again to the few of you that remained a strong supporter of Love,Hope,Strength and me. The Walkathon and MusicFest, followed by The Alarm afterparty were awesome. I got to go on stage with my family and friends to sing with Mike Peters & Willie Nile, and many others. We sang "One Guitar" and "Love,Hope, Strength". It was a moving experience! The prayer flags that went to Mt. Fuji were brought out and we all waved them thru the crowd and stage for the "Love,Hope,Strength" song. The flags will go to Red Rocks Ampitheatre until another Sherpa makes a trek to Mt. Everest where the flags will then remain.
    I was asked to be a Guest Blogger for the Walkathon event. The link for it is is under The Alarm's Website http://www.thealarm.com Look under where it reads Direct Action and see where it says Direct Action U.S.A. in very light grey there are names of cities ( you can barely see it as it blends into the black background) and you will see the word MusicFest with Mike Peters name next to it. Click on that - it should open the blog. There are many great photos that covered the event by Alarm camera man, Andy Labrow.