Thread: Song heard on background music at The Gap

Question Song heard on background music at The Gap

I was in Miami over the Christmas holidays and heard a great song on the store's background music track. If I'm not mistaken, Cy Curnin was singing lead... it's hard to mistake his voice. Salespersons were no help as the music was pre-programmed, though they mentioned they thought it was a Pet Shop Boys cover. I'm a fan of both groups from long ago, but don't know either of their deeper catalogue songs or most recent material to know what the song might have been- new song by the Fixx, new song by Cy, old song by either or a cover of the song (perhaps the Pet Shop Boys) done by done as group/solo. BTW, the production was contemporary sounding and the arrangement very modern so my sense is that the song was recorded atleast within the last 5 years or so.

By chance, did anyone hear such a song at the Gap or happen to know if a new song would have been promoted during the Oct-Dec '01 time period? Not only was the song great, but it's now simply driving me crazy not to know what it was.

Thanks in advance your help.
    Last edited by Grey; 02-12-2002 at 02:01 PM.

Re: Song heard on background music at The Gap

Originally posted by Grey

By chance, did anyone hear such a song at the Gap or happen to know if a new song would have been promoted during the Oct-Dec '01 time period? Not only was the song great, but it's now simply driving me crazy not to know what it was.

Thanks in advance your help.
    I don't know of anything, but I haven't been to a Gap store in years. Hopefully it's a new track from The Returning Sun CD....it was supposed to be released February 5, but no one on this forum has posted any news about it.

On a similar note, I was surprised to hear the React version of Saved By Zero in my local Menard's super store this past weekend.

Dan

I work for Old Navy, which is a part of the Gap Company, and each month the store receives CD's from Muzak to play on a continuous loop in the stores. I know that the Fixx, and/or Cy have not been featured on any recent CD's in the store. However, at Gap they may play different CD's.

Occassionally the CD's are recycled during different months. One of the CD's from this past year featured a song by the Pet Shop Boys.

None of this probably helps, but Old Navy switched to Muzak this Fall, after previously using CD's created by a company called AEI.

-MCTALG

Ocean Blue

Ocean Blue is a song I heard while shopping at the Gap. It was in 2002.

I work at Eddie Bauer(part time) and they play " Saved By Zero" on their track... certainly makes the day more pleasant while dealing with those crazy holidy shoppers!!! Jeanne