Thread: Megan Henwood

Hybrid View

Megan Henwood

Just discovered this gal today - Megan Henwood, from some friends. She's from the U.K. and has similar political messages within her music as The Fixx. The boys should befriend this gal at some point, if they don't know her already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsyjisMiHck

BM
    I've been lurking...

That's a darn good band she has to back her up. I see that Megan and her brother Joe won the BBC RADIO 2 Young Folk Award in 2009.

Love that "flower girl" look. Nice touch.

Good to hear from ya, BM!!
    I trust all is well....

I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

I didn't do much research on Megan before posting - now I see that she's about to release her first full-length CD.

http://www.meganhenwood.com

Dejapete - looks like they did put together quite a backup band for her (former Jethro Tull drummer, and I think the violin player is Peter Knight(?)

shoeman - just about out the door for another year "In Battle Overseas"...
    BM
    I've been lurking...

For anyone wishing to follow up. Megan Henwood released her new album, Making Waves, on July 4 on download sites. It's very good and one of my new favorites. She's a very accomplished songwriter already at 22 years of age.

I've been a bit disconnected from purchasing new music lately, but just picked up the last copy of this album from Amazon. If you're buying the actual disc and in the U.S., it is an import and a bit pricey. Just wanted to give Megan another plug here on the forum because she deserves a listen if you're in the U.K. especially.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

I think the violin player is Peter Knight? Dejapete - looks like they did put together quite a backup band for her former Jethro Tull drummer,,,,.....!!!
    Try out our free Pass4sure comptia a+ and latest comptia network test training courses to get high flying success in final and stevenson.edu exams

I still think Megan would make a great addition in a shared song project between The Fixx and her (or maybe Cy and her do a song).
    I've been lurking...