Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cy on the Road with Nick Harper in February

Cy on the Road with Nick Harper in February

Cy is storming the U.S. in February for a series of acoustic gigs, joined once again by the fantastic Nick Harper. Here are the dates. Hope to announce several more soon!

Tues. February 1 CHICAGO, IL
    “The Roof” at theWit Hotel
    201 N. State St., Chicago, IL 60601
    8 pm Admission is free (there may be a parking fee) Please check The Roof at theWit for details as they become available.

Wed. February 3 JACKSONVILLE, FL
    Jack Rabbits
    1528 Hendricks Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32207
    8 pm Tickets going on sale any time now. Visit Jack Rabbits on the Web for more info.

Tues. February 8 ANNAPOLIS, MD
    Austin Grill Showcase of Original Music
    2300 Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, MD.
    8:15 pm We understand that tickets may be on sale by weekend of 1/15. Check out Austin Grill - Annapolis for event information, phone number, etc.

Wed. February 9 NORFOLK, VA
    The Jewish Mother
    320 Granby Street, Norfolk VA 23510
    8 pm Check out their website for information on the venue, tickets, etc. The Jewish Mother Their number is 757.622.5915.

Sat. Feb 12 NYC
    Ulysses Folk House
    95 Pearl Street / 58 Stone Street (entrances on both streets), New York, NY 10004
    Time is likely later...it is NYC. Tickets should be going on sale any day now. Keep an eye out on Ulysses Folk House for more details. Their phone is 212.482.0400.

Our dear Roger has been working really hard to make this happen. Thanks, Roger!!!
    Lisa

Excellent news, well done!!
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

Norfolk anyone?

Is this an acoustic gig all by himself or will there be any other band members with him?

Will Cy perform any Fixx songs or will it be exclusively solo material?

Duh... I just answered my own question...

Date 09 February 2011
    Time 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM

Coming to The Jewish Mother Backstage is lead singer CY CURNIN of the multi platinum band, THE FIXX. His band gained great critical fame for songs that reflected the time. They enjoyed many hits in their long career, including Red Skies At Night, One Thing Leads To Another, Saved By Zero, Deeper and Deeper, Less Cities More Moving People, etc...if you are a fan of THE FIXX you know the songs run deep and the favorites are many.

Do not miss this acoustic performance with CY CURNIN. Backing up CY is Nick Harper who is the lead guitarists from the group SQUEEZE. CY will be playing hits from THE FIXX as well as his own solo tracks.

Doors at 8pm / $12 in adv. $15 DOS / 21+

Just to add a bit. Cy told me he is definitely playing some material you haven't heard live before. Yay!
    Lisa

WTF??? UMMM.. Cy and Nick R Coming!

OK Fixxtures.....

Many people have done amazing things to get Cy and Nick over here for the east coast Feb. shows. Fans are suggesting venues that they know, talking in advance to the owners, instead of just asking "can they play in our town"? Kinda like JFK : "ask NOT what the Tour can do for you, ask what YOU can do for the tour".

We would gladly bring them to "your town" if we knew there was interest and it fit along the routing plans. The east coast may have 1 or two more dates added if we hear back from the venues in time. They are worried about promo and tix sales. Here's where YOU can help....

Be like Mae West with the philosophy "Hey Big Boy, If You Like Me, Tell Your Friends About Me". Well we all like Cy and Nick, especially together, so now tell your friends, FIXX fans or not...as this show is the most eclectic, entertaining duo show I've seen. TOTALLY worth the price of admission. Add the fact that you'll see Cy and Nick in the most intimate settings, and it makes for a great memorable show. Just ask anyone who saw last year's show! Or, look up Nick Harper on you tube.

I realize that this board has become virtually stagnant. But, in a short time, it will be buzzing once again when the Fixx posts summer and beyond plans. This forum USED to be THE place to make fan meetings, select dinners , transportation and hotels, plan after show parties, etc. Here's Hoping!

Looking forward to seeing you at a Cy-Nick gig and/or hopefully at a Fixx show this year. Heimo, you listening?

Bst Always,

Dr. Roger

Sure, Doctor! :-)

So... who all is planning on attending the Cy/ Nick show in Chicago? OK people, time to wake up, look alive, and represent. Dan ...you out there? Hellooooooo!!!

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

what she said

time to wake up, look alive, and represent.
    JEANNIE29

exactly

& is in Norfolk, so it goes without saying...

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Chicago Show CANCELLED

To Jeannie and everyone else who was planning on heading to the Chicago show.... I am so sorry to have to tell you that the show is cancelled. Apparently, the venue has made a change to their live entertainment strategy and decided not to host the show (along with some others they had planned).

Cy and Nick hope they can get to Chicago another time in the future, but for now, the tour will begin in Jacksonville on 2/3. As for the rest of the tour -- onward and upward. Still hoping to add some dates to the existing ones. (Shh...We are also starting to chatter about a second leg in March on the West Coast. Hmm.)

Thanks so much for your support everybody and deepest apologies for this change of plans.
    Lisa

Just glad I saw this before I clicked on "book room" on the non-refundable
    hotel room and train tickets. Hope they can make it to the midwest sometime 'cause we really enjoyed the show their first time around.

Jeannie

We loved the last one too. Too bad- I was really looking forward to it. We've had a Fixx dry spell too.

ANNAPOLIS SHOW TIME

Folks,

Annapolis gig at Austin Grill is scheduled now for 7pm, with doors opening at 6pm. Tickets will be sold at the door.

Have fun!!
    Lisa

Everyone Believes in Something! We are thrilled here about the Norfolk visit. Frickin' outstanding. I've been letting some folks know online. I also gave a heads up to the Virginia Pilot event website and hopefully it pops up on their calendar tomorrow. I hope the word is getting out, thank you for bringing this here! As far as I know, this area is the home to a few of the greatest Fixx/Cy fans (per pound). In fact, I was downtown talking to some people about it, one person told another, and suddenly all the onlookers on Granby St. were swept into an impromptu dance number on top of cars, rooftops, in the middle of the road, etc. that broke out set to a chorus of 'Less Cities, More Moving People', trust me, this kind of thing used to happen a lot in the '80s to Billy Joel, Prince and David Bowie.

If you live anywhere 100 miles within this area, we fully expect you to turn out!!! Can one (would someone) of the moderators zap out a mass notification e-mail to the memberlist? Sometimes time flies by between our drop-ins and I hope everyone's heard.

Salud/saludos, santé, kampai, prost and brindises!!!

Listed as a 'best bet' for tomorrow by the Virginia Pilot:

http://hamptonroads.com/events/date/2011/02/9

Went to the Annapolis show and it was great! A very welcome jolt to the status quo, I must say. Sort of mellow in a very good way. Cy played 2 new songs he said he was going to record/had recorded (Spell, Bubble). Then there were 2 other songs I had never heard and think are new as well (Worst Enemy, Sacrifice). Don't quote me on those titles though. Oh! And Happy Landings as an encore -- my first time hearing that one live. More, please!!!!

Set list: Nick opened with 4 songs including Blue Sky Thinking and Love Junky. Then Cy and Nick together. Cy -- Returning Sun, Touch, Two Different Views. Nick - Two Way Thing. Cy -- Spell (new), Bubble (new), Taking The Long Way Home, Better Luck Next Time, I Am My Own Worst Enemy (? new), Sacrifice (? new). Nick -- Karmageddon. Cy -- Other Side Of The Story, Remember Me When I'm Gone, One Thing, Red Skies. Encore: Secret Separation, Happy Landings.

Can't wait to hear about Norfolk!

Tara Lyn
    You know me, I'm the dark horse that just might win the race.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast