Thread: 25th Anniversary of 'WALKABOUT' This Year !!

25th Anniversary of 'WALKABOUT' This Year !!

Hello All,
    I have not posted on here for a very long time but always check the site every day or so for any news about the long awaited new album from the guys...anyway what i was thinking about...2011 marks the 25th anniversary since the release of the fantastic 'WALKABOUT' album and i wondered about peoples thoughts of trying to get someone to push for a very long overdue re-release of a special 25th Anniversary CD edition...any ideas? bonus tracks etc?...All the albums got re-issued a few years back on the rainman records label but for some strange reason 'Walkabout' never got it...So let's all start a petition for a RE-ISSUE OF THE FIXX - 'WALKABOUT' - CD - 'SPECIAL 25th ANNIVERSARY EDITION' - REMASTERED WITH BONUS TRACKS !!

Greetings ACA, I will proudly be the first to sign your petition. Walkabout was the album that prompted my re-discovery of The Fixx. I have three copies on cassette, but of course they're all disintegrating....

Love your idea to include bonus tracks.

Signed:

John H. Tyrone ("Shoeman")

Next?
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    ACA

same here, Shoeman. Walkabout was definitely my rediscovery. Yesterday, I received a promo poster of that album, found on ebay. Timely anniversary prize for my shrine.

re-release of that CD would = joy!

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

i would def be down with that petition, show me where to sign

please dont include the BFTF No Formality remix though, its cute but Walkabout's a bit too meaningful for Fred Flintstone!
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

That is a great idea. Walkabout is amazing. Maybe they can do the entire album in concert!!!

Hello again ACA, per your request for our suggested bonus tracks on the "Walkabout Re-Issue Poll," I am submitting the following. I would like all of these to be studio, non-acoustic versions except for the last. Major fantasy-time....

1. Soho Alley

2. Ships Are Safe In The Harbour

3. Sense The Adventure 12" Extended Mix (create one if you have to)

4. Chase The Fire (Live from Las Vegas) 7:26
    Note: This one's on YouTube.

I know I'm asking way too much, but hey....

Talking

I'll sign that petition...would love it, anything Fixx is very good for me...I can still remember ripping through the gears of my MG, volume up, consumed by lyrics, music and voice.
    I do believe I wore out as many as 4 cassettes. I acquired the CD several years back and guard it like gold. I downloaded it on my mp3 player and have yet to wear the songs out there, but my mp3 is quickly becoming a dino.

hodge-podge

I would love to see "ships are safe" and "lighthouse" as bonus tracks for us die-hards. And videos from the album.
    I'm drivin' in my car, I used to be able to walk this far

Realistically, any re-release of Walkabout would have songs that are of the same era. Ships Are Safe in the Harbor is Ink era. Lighthouse ... hm, there's a late 90s live rock version and an early 2ks Want That Life sounding live version. Neither of which would be well suited for Walkabout.

Rediscover and the long version of Secret Separation would likely be bonus tracks on Walkabout, as would Octo's aforementioned No Formality mix of Built For the Future.

My two cents.
    thx

Correct you are Steve. I guess I am dreaming more of a Fixx b-sides, odds and sods collection of the few things I don't have. How about these:

1. a Woodlands type re-make of Camphor
    2. long version of Secret Seperation
    3. the videos on a seperate dvd
    I'm drivin' in my car, I used to be able to walk this far

I'm with Jim on the desire for B-sides and rarities, what can I say? My Fixx Fantasies get the better of my common sense. I'm sure many of us are jonesing for something like a Missing Links, Volume 2 that would swallow our requests whole. Talk about "Dream-Time." But yes, a remix of Camphor, Treasure It, something else would be awfully nice.

John