Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tour Info

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

Neptune Fest finally posted it

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Re: Neptune Fest finally posted it

Just saw this! Most cool, always a fun event, glad they could make it!

Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
    Oct 1

http://www.neptunefestival.com/event...alk-weekend/13
    I am the winner in any event.

I am so excited...I get to see them on Friday night at the Hollywood Bowl! Will anyone else be there? I'm working the event, but I'm definitely taking a break for The Fixx.

Also excited to hear the other bands on the bill...it's pretty sick: B-52s, Berlin, and The Human League.

If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, you can buy them here: http://hbowl.com/totally80s

Virginia Beach

Fixxtures - we need to start planning for the Virginia Beach event, only some 3 1/2 weeks away. I want to make it a memorable time, let's have a pre-party somewhere. Let's think about some locations, any nominations?

Virginia Beach

Fixxtures - we need to start planning for the Virginia Beach event, only some 3 1/2 weeks away. I want to make it a memorable time, let's have a pre-party somewhere. Let's think about some locations, any nominations?

hey Cagey, we went to Croatan yesterday ~my football is now over the fence ~property of Camp Pendleton :/

Also went to the ocean front between 11th & 14th Streets. There are plenty of pubs & bars along Atlantic Ave~ esp. within the hotels on the beach side. The kicker is parking~ that's going to be a prob. Trying to get around that by booking a room~ the nicer hotels close by are already booked solid for Neptune Fest. You know VaBch, it's either niiice or ghetto-awesome nothing in between.

Away from the ocean front is Kokomos~ once VB killed Worrell Bros (Damn you, City of VB!) Kokomos became my favorite~ that's a yacht club/bar/grille.

Still looking, will update~ see you soon.

-Weird Science

Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
    hey Cagey, we went to Croatan yesterday ~my football is now over the fence ~property of Camp Pendleton :/

Still looking, will update~ see you soon.
    WHOOPSIE!

Think I will taxi it in and out...

oh dang! Worrell Bros is still open~ maybe they just don't have a DJ/dancing anymore? IDK. I have to go see, I love that place, it's such a relic dive~ kinda shambly...is that a word? It's awesome

unrelated~ did you see Heimo's note? Take a Risk is on Youtube!

-Weird Science

-Wow, so this is at 9:30 on 31st St. stage near the Neptune Statue? Good, I wouldn't accept anything less for The Fixx.

Worrell Bros. is closed according to Google Maps, but you might try calling. Never been.

-I like dives too. Nat's is a middle of the road place, on the corner of Laskin and Atlantic (3 or 4 blocks from the stage).
    -You know Catch 31 will be swamped, I say that's out.
    -Murphy's is 2 1/2 blocks away, I think that would be a good bet. I could reserve a table
    -Don't know about North Beach or Kitchen, which are about the same distance.

THE FIXX in VA Beach

I usually park in the city parking lot on 25th & Pacific and walk across the street to "CP Shuckers". Love their blackened tuna steak sandwiches!

FYI: The 31st Street parking garage might be full or jammed up if the Neptune Festival is really crowded.

Hey Brian,
    Some of the Fixxtures may be meeting at Harpoon Larry's after 7:30, it's on 24th & Pacific.

We're not sure if we'll do that or be on the boardwalk by that time~ there are beer/wine tents. We'll save a spot in front for everyone though : )

See everyone soon~ CP

-Weird Science

Va Beach show

We had a great time at the show last night! The Fixx played 2 songs from the upcoming new album! I didn’t catch the name of one, the other is “Take a Risk”- some of you got a chance to hear that one live late this summer. I don’t feel right posting the vids for those until after the cd comes out. But you’re all going to love it!

Give me a few days to see if I got any decent pix~ I don’t have a tricked out camera like Taralyn : ) I’ll post those soon.

The Fixx = fantastic, of course. Opened with Red Skies. Encore was Take a Risk & Secret Separation. Vee got the set list. It rained…I seriously do not know how it is that it rains every time they come to the 757. That didn’t stop the band or the crowd. I was near center crowd and could hear so many people singing, they were into it, even though some of us were standing in cold rain puddles, it didn’t even matter : )

Carson –is 5, his second Fixx show- sang right along. I have vid of that, too link below

They went from one song to the next, so not much commentary from Cy between songs. He’s as animated with the hand gestures as always.

Very happy to see fixxtures: The Queen, JustLinda, Musegirl, CageyJG. Many thanks to Roger, Scott & the band for sharing their time & talents. I absolutely love them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3tuglrW53Y
    Last edited by Cary C-Troll; 10-02-2011 at 10:14 PM.

-Weird Science

Wow, sorry it took so long to post a review, but I was not home all day Sunday and had to work today.

It rained in Virginia Beach....AGAIN! why does it always rain for our favorite band? why can't we give these guys great weather? We have days and weeks and months of hot and summery weather, and the day they come to town to play we get a cold snap with rain! YIKES! happens every time they come here in the September and October time frame. Now this is our stormy time of the year, but honestly we were having hot days up until the day before the concert! oy!!! frustration!

But, aside from that, it was great to see them, the crowd loved them, I was about 3rd row back from the center, standing near some long time fans that had not seen them ever or not since over 15 years at least. These fans were beyond amazed at how good the guys looked, but mostly how they sounded and stilled worked together as a BAND!!! it was so cool to interact with these other die-hard fans, and every song they would sing would elicit a 'oh I LOVE this song, I LOVE this one, what is it? what is it?" and I'd call out the song title, and they finally asked me how I knew their music so well, and I told these ladies that I had just seen them last month, and try to see them every summer. Every summer? Really? OMG!!! that means we can see them again next summer???? yes!!!! they tour fairly regularly! check the internet!!!

So it was a fun night talking to "new" long time fans, and I had a great time.

But really, I think we locals need to pull some strings or whatever it takes to get The Fixx at the HarborFest in the Spring Time, JUNE!! and not sure how to make that happen, but it's a great location and that stage is ideal for them. I have never gone there not wondering why they are not playing there. This last bout with the bad weather made me want to see them come at a less stormy/hurricany time of year, so if anyone knows who or what to do to get them to Harborfest! please let's all start now! I think there is enough great Youtube footage of them to watch for making a good case as to why they should be booked.

It was also great to catch up with Cary, hubby Jon, their darling child Carson, CageyG, his friend not sure she wants to be mentioned by name, JustLinda, Musegirl, Roger and Scott! Did I miss anyone? I always feel like I do, I'm horrible with names.

Cary said I got a setlist from Roger, and I did, so thank YOU Roger, but I don't have an active photobucket account now, so I sent it to Cary and she posted the setlist best she could for me.

Once again, great show, lots of great energy, the guys never let their fans down, so please, let's not let them down by helping them get booked at a better warmer friendlier time of year for a future concert.
    Last edited by The Queen; 10-04-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    I am the winner in any event.

good call on having them play Norfolk's Harbor Fest~ usually the first weekend of June. Always sunny, beautiful weather, masses & masses of people.

file won't attach for the set list, but here's the set:

Red Skies
    Are We Ourselves
    One Thing
    Yesterday Today
    Less Cities
    How Much is Enough
    Driven Out
    The Fool
    Camphor
    Just Before Dawn
    Deeper
    Stand or Fall
    Woman on a Train
    Fatal Shore
    Saved by Zero
    ~encore~
    Take a Risk
    Secret Separation
    Last edited by Cary C-Troll; 10-04-2011 at 10:39 AM.

-Weird Science

So the Neptune Festival: first time it's been in October I hear, didn't mind the cooler weather one bit. VA Beach always has something going on at the oceanfront every weekend from spring to fall, there were three stages. Terrific show, got delayed by 4 1/2 songs as I led my friend to the wrong stage where a cover band played Freebird and people flicked their Bics in tribute (myself included). Rum & Coke interfering with my internal GPS again?

Was great meeting JustLinda, and seeing The Queen, Cary C-Troll and Roger again. Bummed I didn't get to see or meet all the others that were around. Good sized crowd, I think VA Beach has to be the Fixxture capital of the U.S.

The Fixx has a lot of range in the moods of their songs, and how to describe the two new ones? They were both kind of on the harder side I guess. Both were great.

So this brings my tally up to six! Each time has marked a great milestone for me, like taking one calendar down and putting up a new one.

2008 - Rockin' the Colonies Tour - VA
    2009 - Mohegan Sun - MA
    2010 - Busch Gardens - VA (x2)
    2011 - Cy Curnin with Nich Harper - VA
    2011 - Neptune Festival

THANK YOU, FIXX & CO.!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast