It's almost time for the annual Love,Hope,Strength Rock On Walkathon and 5K Run located in Oak Ridge Park, Clark, New Jersey. Those of you not familiar - it is the world's leading Rockn'Roll Cancer Charity co-founded by Mike Peters of The Alarm. Lucky us that Cy Curnin and Jamie West-Oram are also supporters! Head over to the Fixx.com if you haven't yet to hear their song "Moving Mountains". A special song written after they had returned from a Love,Hope,Strength event that involved a record breaking concert atop Mount Everest. You can click on for a listen and also download for a small fee and all portions go to Love,Hope,Strength.
The Rock On Walkathon and 5K Run date for New Jersey is Saturday, September 17th. This is my 5th year participating. I am a proud participant/supporter and many thanks to some of you who have continually sponsored me for this walk. All your generosity has been helping save lives of others locally and globally. If you wish to contribute as well, you may send me a message here or at Facebook. Any amount is welcomed big or $mall. I always send a follow up letter and a token gift of my appreciation for sponsoring and supporting me and my favorite charity.
If you are local you may want to attend this event or even be a walker/runner. I will provide the links below for further information.
** A free MusicFest and County Fair are also happening in the same park from September 16th thru September 18th. Some big acts such as: Paul Rodgers (Bad Company), Blondie, Collective Soul, Neon Trees, Mike Peters (The Alarm), Southside Johnny, Smithereens, and many more are scheduled to perform.
I have read a link that also said that other artists will be playing in a more intimate setting at the Musicfest, entitled "Friends of MusicFest". To my knowledge this area is a "by sponsorship event" which means there is a fee to see the artists scheduled for it. Cy Curnin was listed as one of those. Pretty exciting news!

Feel free to go to my Facebook page or MySpace Page - my name at MySpace is Jerseyrockerchic, to see photos of past Love,Hope,Strength events. I also was Guest Blogger for Mike Peters last year for this event and you can see that blog over at his band The Alarm website.

Please support Love,Hope,Strength and save a life Thank you for your time and consideration!- Sherri Maloney, Union, New Jersey

Links:
The Union County Music Fest 2011
ucmusicfest.com

The Union County Fair
info@ucnj.org

Love Hope Strength Foundation
lovehopestrength.org

Rock on! Walkathon in Union County, New Jersey
UClovehopestrength.com