Thread: Pumped up kicks...

Pumped up kicks...

Anybody besides me think the song was kinda groovy until they read the lyrics?
    I'm drivin' in my car, I used to be able to walk this far

What's up with that?

Yes I kind of thought it a lil' catchy until I realized the lyricS. I change the station now when it comes on. Very poor choice for that band to make a song like that!

I agree..I listened to the song for the first time and then I read the lyrics and was like, " Seriously?"

Alicia

Not to say that I'm a fuddy duddy, because I do like stuff like "Riders on the Storm" and "I don't like Mondays" which similarly talk about serial killers and such, but it feels creepier in this day and age when such things are happening more and more.

As an artist, I could see writing about the idea, but as a person, I would find it unsettling to think that someone might be killing others while singing the lyrics "you better run, better run, outrun my gun".

Jim
    I'm drivin' in my car, I used to be able to walk this far

I take it "pumped up" kicks does NOT refer to those old pump basketball shoes where you'd squeeze the little air bladder until they were really snug on your foot. All the kids thought they'd make them jump higher, or other some such.

Maybe the song is about the resurgence of combatants fighting tooth and nail over shoes like the new Nike Galaxies.

/Maybe for my birthday I'll try and find an adult replacement pair for my old red/black Air Jordans