Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger and Out

This is so very sad. We really liked Dr. Roger's intro's for the band, and his wonderful larger than life personality.
    The first time I became aware of Roger was at the Santa Cruz boardwalk 2009 show. He was such a hoot!

Jeanne--really like your poem-- and Cary, thanks for posting the video.

Yes, he will be missed.

Take care all,
    Linda

Damn, we lost a good one. Roger was a great guy - very generous and kind. RIP Roger Jacowitz.

Sorry to hear that. I'm glad I got to meet him. He struck me as a real gentleman. I saw him briefly before and after Cy Curnin and Nick Harper's performance in Chicago, November 2009. I was there with Jeanne Thelen.

Thanks for sharing that video, Carey... it was very much Roger indeed...full of warmth and life and love..

That was a great show, Deja... alot of fun and happy memories...
    I am trying to find my pictures from that show as there are several great ones of Roger... I have a faint memory of us printing them off.. my camera got stolen, but did we not put them on a disk?? Do you remember??
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

The first time I had met Roger was when The Fixx did the Rockin' The Colonies tour with The Alarm and The Psychedelic Furs, I was 17 at the time and did not get to go inside the venue due to the 21+ age restriction. My friends were all older than me and got to enjoy the show, I even had one friend stand outside with me hoping to catch the band after they performed. Roger noticed me standing out by the back door and I mentioned to him what a huge fan of The Fixx I am and that I was too young to go inside. He told me to stay right there and promised me that after the guys performed, I would meet them! My face lit up immediately. I remember how kind Roger was to everybody, his generosity showed what a gentleman he was.

Alicia

My heart is heavy. My friends and I spent time with Roger at numerous shows from Chicago, to St. Louis, to Las Vegas, and even Maui. Great memories that will never fade my friend!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

Am truly heart broken..
    Thought I would be seeing him this month.

Remembered this show well. I had to smile, and cry, when I watched the posted video and realized I was the one standing there dancing with him.
    Priceless.

Will miss everything he was.

I thought that was you, Donna.... I know... I just got off the phone with Pippi and we just said the same thing...that we can not even imagine a show with out him..and were looking forward to seeing him this tour..

I am having some serious regrets that I did not make the LV show or the Hollywood Bowl show now..
    I feel very blessed to have know and gotten to spend the time I did with Roger

It is amazing how life as you know it can turn so qucikly...I think that is why I have always made it a point to make sure that the people in my life know how important they are and how much they add to my life...many of you I was fortunate to meet here on this forum....

So hugs and MWAH and love to you all as we support each other through this very sad time....

Roger... I know you will be looking down and rocking out with us all this tour... your presence will be felt.
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

Roger was loved by so many....he was a dear, dear friend. I will always love you Roger..I will never forget you. I miss you already.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

I've been tapping myself over my heart repeatedly today out of love for Dr. Roger and as a show of support to all Fixxtures. I met him here on this forum, never in person. The opportunity didn't present itself. But it is obvious that his charm and winning way with people endeared him to us.

My strongest memory of him will be the YouTube video where he introduces the band in Las Vegas, and they open with "Chase The Fire." He electrified that audience. As I'm sure he did many times.

The vibe I get is that Dr. Roger will go down as the all-time chief spokesman for the band.

As always, I'm here for all of you. God bless.

John
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

another sleepless night...this has hit hard...I was talking to Janet and Kim last night and I think it is not just that we lost someone so energentic and lovely... a friend... a brother to many of us.

The Fixx.com and the wonderful people I have met here have changed my life in so many significant ways... I would not be who I am today if I had not ever found you all....and being part of this circle of friends and the miricle of how we all have come together over these years, some of us crossing oceans to do so.... it is just hard that one of us is missing...like a link in the chain is broken....or an empty chair at the table.

Roger's light and love will shine on through the connections we have made here and with each other.
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

Saw the news yesterday from Cy on FB, and could not believe my eyes, was in shock.

I have met Roger several times and each time was always great, he made every fan feel like they were special and one of his favorites, since they too loved his 'favorite band'. I was just thinking about him a couple days ago, when he was at the Nick and Cy show here in Norfolk, VA about a year ago and we talked a lot that evening. It snowed like crazy that night too, didn't seem to bother Roger at all.

I will always remember how Roger went out of his way to help us meet the band and make sure we always felt like we were all part of this amazing group that we call ourselves: Fixxtures.

Roger, you will be missed.
    I am the winner in any event.

He knew who I was and always made me feel welcome whenever I saw him. Most recently, he asked me to pop his back for him after the show at the Rio in late August, lol! I remember his enthusiasm, energy, and admiration for the band. He will be greatly missed.
    "this one sign of the cross"

I will always remember Roger as a lovely and generous person. It is one thing to love music or to love a band, but he stepped forward to participate in and support his passion in a way that made a difference to many people.

Roger seemed to enjoy fussing over Fixxtures and making sure they had whatever access to the band could be had at any given time. He was excited to help. Many times, he and I talked about how special Fixxtures were and how shared appreciation of the band created a connection. He was obviously proud to represent Cy and the Fixx in whatever capacity he was given.

I had the opportunity to work with him on Cy's first solo tour, as I managed the organizational details and he executed as road manager. Oh, the many phone calls we shared! It's not hard to conjure up his voice in my head, full of enthusiasm..."Hey MP! How ya doin'? I gotta tell you about this..." followed by a story that would make me smile. Roger was an optimist and an entrepreneur who was always talking to new people and working to put things together. The music business includes many unsavory characters and he and I shared a mutual disdain for them. We were a little goofy. We had nicknames. We gossiped a little. It was great fun.

When Cy's tour rolled into our area, Cy, Nick and Roger stayed at our house to save on expenses. Our townhouse is small and every padded surface was taken. I recall how effusively grateful Roger was just to sleep on our downstairs couch. What a sweetheart.

Dear Roger always treated me with a deference that I am not sure I deserved, but I sincerely appreciated. He made a big deal out of me being Cy's manager and made me feel very special. I truly appreciated that kindness. Of course, the truth is that he made everybody feel that way. That was his gift.

Roger loved his family and he was quick to pull out pictures when asked about them. He was very proud to be a Dad and a grandfather. He was obviously adored by his family as well.

I saw Roger last fall in Virginia Beach. We got to talk for a while and he spoke about the treatments he was doing. Again, he was optimistic and committed to improvement. He was appreciative that the band had rallied around to support him and connect him with helpful people. I got to hug him and wish him well. I am grateful for that, as I feel privileged to have crossed paths with him in this life.

His spirit will truly be missed. Wherever he is now, I am sure he is smiling and enjoying some great music...
    Last edited by musegirl; 01-13-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Lisa

very sad to hear, Dr. Roger was a definite asset to the band and its fans, RIP Doc.
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast