Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roger and Out

Lisa,

You could not have said it better. What a great tribute to Roger.

I still can't get my head around the fact that we won't see him in SF on the 25th.. although I'm sure he'll be there with us..

wingtip aka tippers, courtesy of the good doctor :-)
    « With mental wingo I'm nearly flying »

I knew about Doctor Roger's departure. It's a pity I couldn't meet him because I'm saving money for going to the US in July. If only I could get more money and renew my tourist Visa, I could meet Roger in person, but, things happen.

May God take care of that guy.

Vaya con Dios, Roger.
    "Remember me when I'm gone
    Remember my breathing
    Remember my eyes
    Remember my wings
    Remember my swan song
    Remember me when I'm gone
    I would have loved to die in your arms"

- Cy Curnin, "Remember Me When I'm Gone"

Saddened

Ira and I are both stunned and so saddened by Roger's passing.

There were so many shows where Roger was around, helping Ira intro the guys...visit with fans...host many an after-show party so graciously and wonderfully.

Ira really enjoyed giving Roger advice when asked for it, on getting into the business, too.

I saw Roger grow and sea change as a person in a really cool way, too.

We will miss him...they only made one like him, and we won't forget Roger.

Kim and Ira
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

just thought I would check in and give my official respects to Roger. A true fixxture and will I know be missed by many. RIP Dr Roger from the shores of North Wales.

Dave Snakey

Just reconnected to the net recently for the first time since arriving back in the U.S. - very sad to see this news. I can't add anything new to what has already been said about Roger personally, but I do hope and pray that his real family is somehow made aware of his impact to his "other family" of Fixxtures, and how much he added to this community over many years.

I hope it's not too late for the boys to officially dedicate "Beautiful Friction" in some part to Roger, perhaps in the album's notes.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

I came to check in at the board after a long time away because I had a feeling that I’d find such a thread. So much has been said already, and what people have written about Roger is very true. He was blessed with the friendship of all who met him, both in person and online.

Roger was a very emotional person with a great, big heart. His devastating illness progressed rapidly, and although it was a situation that was terribly difficult for him to cope with, he showed great strength and courage during his fight. What he dealt with was nightmarish and sorrowful to live with. The word he used for each experience he related to me during the past 5 or 6 months was “poignant.” Roger felt things deeply and he cared so much for others. He was the one to take care of people, and he did it so well that he made it look easy. He had a remarkable ability to connect with people from the first time he met them. When with him, you felt he saw the real you, and he did. He made you feel special.

I will always remember Roger’s speckled eyes, the smile in his voice, his zest for life. He always gave me the warmest hugs and entertained me with his stories. His devotion to the band was palpable, his enthusiasm and excitement infectious. He was a dear friend to me, and I miss him terribly. I am so saddened by the loss of him. My comfort is in knowing that he was surrounded by his family when he passed, that he was cared about by so many friends, and that he is now at peace.
    Alli

Man, I just found out about this from the band's FB page, where they said Roger will be watching the show from up above. Heart is heavy. I met him a few times but he was always in a good mood and great demeanor, what you would expect a rock and roll kinda guy to be.

Cy did an amazing show with Nick Harper in Norfolk last FEB '11, we were so lucky to have them come. For me and I'm sure others, the shows have been more than "shows", more like events - birthday, anniversary, celebrations, occasions to mark - and this one came at a special time. I know Roger had a part to play in making this performance happen and on spur of the moment grabbed him a little navy memento as a thank you gift. I was kind of surprised by his reaction, he was really happy about it and said he would treasure it. That made me feel good. We were out getting some fresh air and if I remember right, he explained he did Sea Cadets (kind of like navy boy scouts) and had been through Norfolk during that time.

Seattle, WA but originally from the 909!!
    Sad to hear of Roger's passing. I first met Roger at 4th and B in San Diego several years ago during the Rockin' the Colonies Tour. I told him I was quite impressed with his devotion to the band and was dying to know how one becomes a manager of an iconic band such as the Fixx. He was not at the Poconos show in PA that I attended this past summer and it felt somewhat weird not to have Roger at a Fixx Show.

My thoughts and prayers are with Roger's family.

The last time I saw Roger, I remember looking at him while he was talking to Cary and I about the Fixx and the glow he had on his face. He just seemed to be like a kid in a candy store. RIP Roger.

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Exactly, Bunny, a kid in a candy store (sharing the candy ) Otown Eddie & Detroit Donna, if you hadn’t seen that video before, I know it’s all good memories, good times, how it’s supposed to be. I imagine Roger is smiling down on all of this.

A new era ahead with lots to look forward to~

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Here's a testament. The only words Roger ever said to me were, "I've enjoyed reading your posts.".. or something to that effect. He must have meant the few that don't suck. But how nice. Thank you, Roger.

Hi all ! Pete....of course none of your posts suck....some are just better than others !

Hi all ! Pete....of course none of your posts suck....some are just better than others !

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    Today is Roger's birthday
    cheers to & for him : )

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123