Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger and Out

Roger and Out

Our beloved Roger has passed away. I'm not sure of the details but it is on his Facebook page.

Many of us had the chance to meet Roger and spend a bit of time with him while he traveled coast to coast, had the time of his life, and managed many of the touring details for The Fixx.

He will surely be missed.

We love you Roger.

I met him at a few shows, very nice guy. This is sad, sad news. Rest In Peace, Roger.

Jim

Very sad to lose such a great Fixx fan and advocate of their music. I was fortunate to meet him after a show. Very friendly, engaging man. He will be missed by many on this board.

I just got the news about 45 minutes ago...and have been tossing and turning ever since... my mind is filled with many memories.. especially the last time I saw Roger at Cy's solo show in Chicago in November 2009....we had so much fun that night.

I am not overly religous... but I do believe there is a higher power(call it what you like) and the universe and this poem had always brought me comfort in times like these...so I thought I would share it...

the soul takes flight
    to the world invisible
    and there arriving
    he is sure of bliss
    and forever dwells in paradise...

We will miss you, Roger...very much.

Jeanne

You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Such sad sad news..R.I.P Roger, thank you for making my Fixx experiences memorable for me and my friends..you will be dearly missed by the Fixxture family..

Alicia

So unexpected. An enthusiastic and welcome presence for every show I attended. I remember his introduction as "my favorite band!" I am at a loss for words.

What a great, great guy.

Unhappy Saddened

So shocked and saddened that our beloved Doctor Roger (and former Jersey boy)- has passed away. My sympathies to his family and friends.
    Reflecting on a dedicated & devoted Fixxture Friend -
    Doctor Roger was very instrumental in making great discussions and friendships back when I joined this message board ~ 2003. So many memories he has created for fans from the West Coast to the East Coast. He used to even make discussion of wanting to have the two Coasts and anywhere in between meet up for a "helluva Shizzlefest". He spoke highly of everyone here. He wanted us fans to have a great time while we bond over our mutual love for The Fixx. Doctor Roger shined everytime I had seen him. His love, admiration, and adoration for The Fixx just overflowed. He enjoyed watching us fans watching the band, and he seemed to take a personal satisfaction in watching us loving and living in the moment. He had so much enthusiasm. Always eager to hear what were our personal highlights of each performance. He never seemed bored to hear our stories. Doctor Roger was a fan, friend, and a worker. He may have been busy but loved every minute of his work. He took so much pride in helping The Fixx and what an honor that had to have been for a guy who was a fan as well. Always made time for us regardless. He made everyone feel welcome from the "newbie" to the longterm Fixxture.
    Last time I seen Doctor Roger would have been last February at Cy's solo show at Ulysses in New York City. It was a month after my heart attack. Roger came over and put his arm on my shoulder and we swayed to a song. I thought I had seen tears in his eyes. I was not sure was it tears for what he knew I had endured or tears of joy for his favorite performer. Today I have those same tears for the loss of our friend and devoted fan. You will be greatly missed but your enthusiastic Rockstar Energy and Spirit shall remain in my heart and mind at every show. I thank you for all that you have done for us and the band. Rest in peace and Rock on! : - Sherri (aka rockerchic from Jersey)

Hi all ! This is very sad news . Our Doctor was a great guy with the fans' and bands' best interest always in mind . His attitude reflected what I think The FIXX represents......integrity . I will miss my friend greatly .

Whoa...this is very sad news.

I have met and hung out with Roger at several Fixx shows these past few years.

Always was a cool dude...and man did he love The Fixx.

RIP Doc...you'll be missed.

E

Unhappy

Such sad news, he was such a nice guy. I had fun seeing him and chatting it up whenever the band was in town. I was hoping he was going to be at the upcoming show, but alas never more.

RIP Doctor Roger
    Kat
    http://www.examiner.com/x-25988-Orlando-Local-Music-Examiner

Unhappy

I never had a chance to meet Doctor Roger, but I know how much he meant to the band and to the members of this board.

May he rest in peace.
    "Out there, there must be aliens
    Who donít believe in aliens
    Somewhere. Believe"
    -Cy Curnin, "We Might Find It" (The Returning Sun)

We will greatly miss Roger! He was always so nice to us! Fixx shows won't be the same without him! R.I.P
    ~Shelley & Mark
    ~Shelley

R.I.P. Dr. Roger. I saw him most recently at the 8/29 show in Las Vegas, at the Crown Theater. I hung out with him for a good few hours a couple years ago when The Fixx were doing shows at Green Valley Ranch here in Vegas. He was a great guy, and a huge Fixx fan, as much as any of us are.

Here's hoping you find your sunshine in the shade, Roger.
    Fixxated

With her senses sharpened by the warning cold
    She brings me to memory

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

For Roger

I found this video about a year ago on Youtube~ you can see Roger in most of it behind Jamie, dancing & enjoying the moment. Thatís his spirit~ living each moment to the fullest. He stayed super busy, but he generously & enthusiastically shared what he could with all of us. Iím thankful he took the time to get to know many of us, and that he found a way into my stubborn heart. Today, this is such a hard day~ we grieve for him and his family. But he is at peace, and we will see him again. Sending prayers, blessings and comfort for all of his family and friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcfZpL0ioDk

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Hi Cary....I was there for this show in Orlando. I remember chatting with Roger after the show. I'll remember him just like we see in this video...loving life and The Fixx.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast