Thread: We Like to be teased!! Beautiful Friction? The Horses Mouth? UPDATES???

We Like to be teased!! Beautiful Friction? The Horses Mouth? UPDATES???

I realize in this day and age of immediacy that our patience is minimal at best, however, with two new records getting being prepped for release (The Fixx and Cy), why are we NOT being teased with little bits of info or video? Remember when a quick clip of Jamie, in the studio, was posted many moons ago? What a rush we all got watching that. How come we haven't been teased a little, or, a lot more with such insider info? Perhaps even Rupert or Adam could pop by with a thought or two on the new record?

So my question is, does ANYONE have an further information regarding the new records? official track listing? official release dates? official...anything??

We're doing our best to remain patient but when you state "it's built for the future" how far off in the distance is that future exactly?
    Tatawayowayo

and i tried to find that video clip of JWO recording a gtr track in the studio for an hour last night- i believe it vanished.....

we been teased for the last decade- time to receive the goods-

but i heard someone said at the recent gigs- Cy said B/Friction= June 2012....
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

June would be amazing, though it's 3 months from the originally suggested March. However, I know what that is like as my record company (Spectra) has been sitting on our album for over 6months in order to get everything to line up properly. I imagine the boys are working on deals so that when the album is released there's proper promotion, tour etc.

Anyway, I've wondered why they don't post a 30sec, 60sec clips of the process? Why not do weekly or bi-weekly, hell, even monthly video blogs discussing a track or the state of the album or the process or random thoughts? Anything at all. Maybe film a rehearsal or next time they're together having coffee? I dunno. Perhaps they're really private, which i respect, but doing video blogs or dropping little messages, which Cy does on occasion, is a great way to generate excitement, get everyone talking.

my two cents.
    Tatawayowayo

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.
    this should be it DMIII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trgmx...ure=plpp_video

It used to be when I worked music retail (back in the dark ages) the best time to release new albums for visibility/to catch peak traffic in the stores, was after Thanksgiving through until early January~ when all the gift cards are redeemed. I guess that's changed with i-tunes and i-everything else. I still buy actual CDs & albums

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Patient Fixxtures await more music from the gods....

Last edited by Mike Dillard; 02-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Hi guys,
    Nick Jackson here, who produced Beautiful Friction with the Fixx and who is currently working on the Horse's Mouth with Cy. I can totally understand your frustrations in wanting some more news and clips. Especially in today's music world, where these things seem to be a regular must have all the time. I don't really have any news on the new Fixx album, other than what's already been posted by the band. I signed off on the album some time ago. I know the guys have been busy getting all the details in place for its release. So I can't imagine it will be too much longer. However, I can give you some news on the Horse's Mouth, as it's currently on my plate. Cy and I have been busy working on it. We've recorded all the drums and are currently in the stages of replacing the demo instruments, with real ones. After this is done, we'll be doing a lot of editing and the shifting of parts around. We'll then be on to the final stages, with mixing and mastering. I'm really excited about this project and think it has some of the best songs on any album, that I've ever worked on! Cy and I have also been looking at other ways of presenting his music. In today's music world, you need to be very creative. We're looking to expand this project into something bigger and we are really glad to have your support. The more pre-orders, the more resources we have to work with, allowing us to deliver the best product possible. So a big thank you to those who have already placed an order. Cy is back in the studio with me in a few weeks time and I shall do my best to get you some video clips of us working together. Perhaps a sneak preview of snippets of music too! I know I get excited about these little things, from the artists I love and follow. So stay tuned!
    Many thanks,
    Nick.

thanks Nick!!
    finally we get some info :>
    gee-bee

I know there are much bigger problems in the world but...

this is maddening.

maybe they should be using kickstarter.com to fund things. might reach a wider audience of past and/or casual, curious fans then just soliciting for upfront pre-orders through the band's or cy's official sites.