Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TOUR DATES

Santa Cruz here I come!!

HOT-LANTA

Anyone going to Atlanta, send me a PM, always good to meet a fellow fan of the world's #1 band.

A sort of place you don't often find. A quiet room to go out of your mind.

ATL set list from CageyJG

CageyJG sent this~ he risked life & limb to breach the barricade @ the ATL The Fixx show today...said it was a great show (we knew this), got autographs & to chat with most of the band. They're off to CT next.Name:  The Fixx set list.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  25.3 KB

I don't know what I just said or why.

From my heart & from my hand
    why don't people understand my intention
    -Weird Science

Cool thankssssssssssssssssss :>

bring it on.....
    gee-bee

Tmi

What can I say - incredible show, beautiful sunny day and a fun time to be in town. My buddy lives < 15 min. hike from the stage. ATL is very eclectic and there is tons to do (including a lot of good indie CD stores.) Apparently "the thing" in Atlanta is to hold these huge neighborhood street festivals - they block them off for a week or two. They invite all the residents to a huge community feast to pay them pennance for the parking snags, etc. To get to the stage we walked through a bazaar of some 100 artists - love that kinda stuff, www.gloriamcroberts.com and www.hobe3k.blogspot.com were a few. Voice, instruments, stage presence, were all inimitable, unmistakable and powerful. Cy interacted with the crowd quite a bit and paused to introduce the band, and offer some impromptu philosphizing. Kickin' knowledge!

Guy right next to me was wearing vintage Want That Life shirt, I need one of those! Lots of folks in Fixx gear and people getting really into it. (Lotsa cuties! ; P ) According to one article, great turnout: 1,000+. Before the encore, was happiest hearing Driven Out and Yesterday, Tomorrow. At this level of proficiency and in their career, it's like beyond mastery, what would you call that - Guru level? Nirvana? Point is: this has got to be an esp. great year to see them, go make it out if you can.

I feel like I finally earned my wings as a real Fixxture this show (my 6th). From atop of a fence I reached out for a set-list from a roadie and after he dropped it I was "awfulizing" potential for an undesired run-in with the uniformed peace officers of Atlanta and their burly cohorts which made me hesitate and drew precious mental resources from my jump plan. A local yokel started climbing over also trying to rob me of my spoils, which made me forget all about preserving my body and only focused on the goal of getting over that barrier. Further complicating the decision equation was the severely incapacitated state of my onboard navigation/balance systems and being totally impaired, I thus suffered an unanticipated, unhappy landing from several feet on my right ham hock to the delight of curious onlookers. I was pretty sure that I would be p***ing blood later but fortunately that did not happen. I also lost part of my shoe but that was recovered later.

Huge turnout, great new music. Band was totally fired up and so was the crowd. The juices yes, definitely were flowing in anticipation of the new album. One of the little things - you know how much they love to perform, you could tell they were relishing every minute of it. I kept looking over to see Adam's expressions, he was grinning ear-to-ear the entire set. Wondered if he would ever quit smiling. What a great band. Post-show a few sauntered off to the tour bus and the guys were very gracious to give autographs and work the crowd. I did see one lass' bosom signed, a concert first for me. If I'm ever so lucky to have the chance again, I have to ... prepare my questions in advance or something - because, what the heck does one say to rock stars. They didn't seem to mind and I was told I didn't sound dumb so I'm just rolling with it. Good job!

I was one of the curious onlookers that took delight in seeing this. If'n you were the fellow that fell
    right in front of the stage while climbing over that fence while your two buddies watched..
    I too waited around to get a setlist, but by the time i got noticed by one of the roadies i missed my
    chance to make it over to the tour bus. But i did get that setlist.
    "Then someone showed me the root of all evil. When all the lights were out."

hahaha funny as crap, Cagey! I am still laughing. Good write-up, thanks for sharing this & the set list

-Weird Science

Name:  10y2ki1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  147.3 KB

Big crowd in Atlanta

Saw you in CT

Fairfield was a good venue but you will get better crowds at Mohegan Sun. The band didn't stick around for autographs so I was a bit disappointed but I grabbed a playlist so I feel better about it.

I forgot how many good songs they have. PLEASE COME BACK!!!

Name:  hummer.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  24.3 KB

Pic of a Hummer getting towed down the street from the ATL show.
    Made me smile on the inside. A lot.

deanm Guest

2012 tour dates

Here's my usual post

Any dates for the UK planned?

Cheers
    Dean

PS Heard some snippets on Amazon.com, new album sounds like a winner!

Los Angeles date ~ July 21, 2012

& the FB page says more dates to be announced this week

http://www.laparks.org/pershingsquare/july21.html

-Weird Science

Hmm. July 21st. That's my birthday~ Hmm. May have to ruminate on that for a bit... Thanks for the heads up!
    Lisa

New Tour Dates, anyone, anyone? Bueller?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCF...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by thebunbun View Post
    New Tour Dates, anyone, anyone? Bueller?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCF...eature=related

they said new dates coming soon- they also said the new cd was coming soon in 2008..... LOL! j/k! should be soon!

that was monday, and its now thursday.... Hmmmmmm...... tick friggin tocK!.... :P
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast