Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2012 TOUR DATES

Diamond...they are playing Connecticut. Is that NE enough for you? Or did you mean Nebraska NE, cause they are playing there too! ;-)

As far as TV appearances go...that's tricky. Often times you only get to book one show -- once you've gone to the dance with one show, the bookers from the other shows won't book you because you've already appeared somewhere. This doesn't seem to happen for actors, but it does for music acts. Unless you are Bruce Springsteen or something, they get really weird about. Fingers are crossed anyway and they do make the effort to try to book another show. All depends on the kindness and goodwill out there.

But hey, they got Jimmy Kimmel! That is awesome! He really does right by his musical guests. Can't wait to see them...
    Lisa

Please Come Back To The New Jersey Shore

I know in the past that The Fixx played the Stone Poney in Asbury Park.
    They have a summer stage there a block away from the beach.
    This would be a great venue for exposure for The Fixx.
    Just think about all the souls on the beach and boardwalk that would be listening to this great band.
    A Saturday show during the afternoon hours or evening would be perfect for all to hear.
    I know that bands have performed during the afternoon on this stage.
    Last year I heard The Black Crows perform on this stage at night.
    The boardwalk was packed with people just listening to the band without paying for a ticket.
    I was one of those people and they sounded great a block away.
    Would love for The Fixx to perform here and now that the new cd is out I can sing along.
    If The Fixx can not make it this year I hope they consider this venue for next year.

No CT for me- booked that week/end myself (Biggest Race of the year starts that night "Indy of the EAST!" ) Plus its a 6+hr drive...

Being older I am not as excited to drive hrs, ga$,get a hotel, parking, food, and all that anymore- There's no place like home. And with dates popping up only weeks before shows- that doesn't leave lots of time to book flights and save or check/plan your work schedule/vacations. just my .02

I am hoping that the Kimmel show will saturate the other TV shows to book them as well, but you said that just the opposite happens- interesting.......

(We could all email blast Letterman/Fallon and say "What day is the FIXX playing?" This isn't some new one-off band starting out- they are mTV pioneers- and original ambassadors of the 80s, Hell- they were on SNL!!!!

Is it as simple as call and request the band to play? OR do ya gotta know someone- (and be in the right-circles) to stand a chance?

'Got my eyes, toes and fingers crossed for them-

<>d3

Quote Originally Posted by musegirl View Post
    Diamond...they are playing Connecticut. Is that NE enough for you? Or did you mean Nebraska NE, cause they are playing there too! ;-)

As far as TV appearances go...that's tricky. Often times you only get to book one show -- once you've gone to the dance with one show, the bookers from the other shows won't book you because you've already appeared somewhere. This doesn't seem to happen for actors, but it does for music acts. Unless you are Bruce Springsteen or something, they get really weird about. Fingers are crossed anyway and they do make the effort to try to book another show. All depends on the kindness and goodwill out there.

But hey, they got Jimmy Kimmel! That is awesome! He really does right by his musical guests. Can't wait to see them...
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

AAAAACK!!!! Just saw the 9/1 date at State Theater in Falls Church, VA. That's very close to where I live!!!! I will be there for sure!!!

Can't wait!!!!! So excited!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345